Your Preseason Top 10!

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by mpr2477, Aug 17, 2016.

1. mpr2477

mpr2477 Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Club:
    Vancouver MLS
    With preseason rankings out, I was wondering what everyone's Top 10 list looks like? (Details and opinions are a welcome sight) Here is mine.

1) Stanford - Solid back line anchored by best goalie in Jane Campbell, and loaded through midfield with Hermann nominee Andi Sullivan. Only question marks "might" be who scores multiple goals upfront.
    2) West Virginia - They bring back way too much to be any lower imho. Kadeisha Buchanon is the best defender in college, and Ashley Lawrence can play anywhere on the field.
    3) Duke - 10 of 11 starters back from last year's championship game team. Talent everywhere. Gibbons and Quinn anchor a deep backline. Racioppi should have a breakout soph year in midfield. Payne and Dorsey are a handful upfront for any backline.
    4) FSU - They lose a lot of talent all over the field, but talent remains in D Kristin Crowley and M Megan Campbell. The influx of international talent (Castellanos and Kollanen), plus the growth of the soph class should keep them in the hunt.
    5) Virginia - They also lost a lot from last year, but still have depth to have a solid defense/mid. The problem could be finding a replacement for Doniak's scoring. Can freshmen Ziemer, Gorzak, McCool or Morse fill that void?
    6) Florida - This team could be dangerous. They always seem to underachieve a bit, but could this be the year they put it all together and make the college cup? Savannah Jordan is the best striker in college, and she's backed by a strong midfield. If they can find replacements for last year's centerbacks, they'll be dangerous.
    7) USC - They should give Stanford a run in the Pac 12. Talent all over the field, starting with Morgan Andrews in midfield. The back line is strong with Prudhomme in goal, and Mills, Prisock and Freeman on the backline. Also strong up front with Katie Johnson and Sydney Johnson. I don't see any weaknesses.
    8) BYU - This is my sleeper team. Might have the best forward combo this year in Nadia Gomes and Ashley Hatch. They're solid in the midfield with Elena Medeiros and Bizzy Phillips Bowen.
    9) UNC - I would have picked them top 5 but they won't have Scarpa and Otto this year, plus Joanna Boyles is supposedly not playing. They have talent (Ashley, Bailey, Castleberry, and Redei), but might find it hard scoring this year, as witnessed in a 1-1 preseason tie with Mizzou
    10) Texas AM - (my heart said Clemson, but I went with my head instead lol). Despite not having Watt this season, they're have a balanced attacked with Harvey, Pounds and Malherbe.