Your number one source of soccer news, info, and entertainment is...

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Huss, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Your number one source of soccer news, info, and entertainment is...

2. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
  3. JoeDub83

JoeDub83 New Member

Oct 20, 2001
    MISSOULA,MT 420
    Kind of redundant to ask bigsoccer posters :)

4. Dutch Power

Dutch Power New Member

Jan 18, 2004
    The Netherlands
  5. LifeOfBrian

LifeOfBrian New Member

Mar 18, 2003
    Club:
    --other--
    TV, actually. Just watching UEFA Cup highlights now.

6. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    I get most of my info on the internet...

7. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Internet is Number 1 but, TV is a close 2 thanks to the lovely Michelle Lissel & her cohorts on the Fox Sports World Report.

8. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    went with internet, although print is a very close second

mlsnet, espn, si and this place just give too much info to go with print... which unfortunately doesn't have the best of reporters everywhere

although i will take the time to commend a few... jack bell (ny times), steve goff (washinton post) and the guy from the north jersey herald

if all places had people the quality of those three... i'd go with print in a second

9. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frank Dell'Appa and Gus Martins are widely considered the best duo of MLS writers for the Boston Globe/Herald

10. Merengue

Merengue New Member

Nov 4, 1999
    San Diego
    If you speak Spanish, radio is the way to go. You get a lot of info that way, especially from Andres Cantor's Futbol de Primera programme. There's also Bigsoccer's own tied in radio programmes which are more opinion and caller based than news based but still worth listening. Nice to hear someone in English covering soccer on the radio.

11. J.A.

J.A. New Member

May 10, 2003
    Denver
    I am in love with Michelle Lissel!

Although this is true, I still get most of my soccer news on the net as well.

12. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The internet. If I have nothing better to do I will watch MLS on TV and I recently watched some of the second leg of Arsenal vs. Chelsea on ESPN2. I'll watch the United States in World Cup Qualifying when they play. Years ago I watched CONCACAF World Cup Qualifying games in Spanish (a language I don't know) because the games weren't on in English. I started following international soccer when the United States hosted World Cup 1994 and will always remember the help they got in the first round from an own goal. In 1997 I followed the final round of CONCACAF Qualifying and then followed the United States lose all three games in World Cup 1998. I followed every qualifying game in every confederation for World Cup 2002 and am doing the same for World Cup 2006.
    Wensites I use for soccer:
    BigSoccer obviously
    http://www.planetworldcup.com/ (a link to Planet World Cup was posted here)
    FIFA and FIFA World Cup
    http://www.eifl.org.uk/wc2006/

13. Mountainia

Mountainia Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Section 207, Row 7
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is interesting because I use bigsoccer to link me to on-line sources of print media, and some internet content as well. The journal is great because of the links to soccer articles all across the country.

I can read BS posts all day (and I do) but I don't really know something has happened with DC United until Steven Goff (Wahington Post) says so.

Also, I can visit MLSNET to view goals I missed in other games. I look forward to viewing other highlights on-line someday (you know, non-goals.) I can't get any of this on TV. I'm not watching 1/2-hour news and sports shows so I can see maybe 1 or 2 goals for 15 seconds.

14. mellon002

mellon002 Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Towson, MD
    If I had Fox Sports World maybe it would be different, but the internet is all I've got.