your jupiler best XI?

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by afgrijselijkheid, May 22, 2006.

1. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    thanks in advance!

2. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    ----------------------------Proto (A'lecht)

Dupré (Z-W)-Dreesen (Lierse)-Onyewu (Standard)-Lombaerts (Gent)

Conceicao (Standard)-Vanderhaeghe (Anderlecht)-Defour (Genk)

Wilhelmsson (Anderlecht)-Salou (Zulte-Waregem)-Boussoufa (Gent)

Bench:
    Runje (Standard)
    Carlos (Lokeren)
    Pocognoli (Genk)
    Zetterberg (A'lecht)
    Frutos (A'lecht)
    Coelho (Westerlo)
    Bancé (Lokeren)

3. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    ----------------------Stijnen (Club Brugge)-------------------------

Dupré (Z-W)----Onyewu (Standard)----Tihinen (Anderlecht)----Kuklowski (Club Brugge)

-----------------------Vermant (Club Brugge)-------------------------

Conceicao (Standard)---------------------------Boussoufa (AA gent)

------------------------------Defour (Genk)--------------------------

-------------------Salou (Z-W)---------Frutos (Anderlecht)-----------

Hmmm, that's not a half bad team, actually.

4. destekke

destekke New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    i see some absolute bullshit names above .

GK : Runje
    DF : Vandenborre - Kompany - J.Carlos - Pocognolli (plays midfield too)
    MF : Conceicao- Defour - Boussoufa
    AT : Wilhelmsson - Frutos - Tchite

Bench: Onyewu, Serhat, Zetterberg, B.Peeters, Vandenbergh, Stijnen, Tihinnen.
    Not many players of the small teams, they have to prove themselves at a higher level first

5. destekke

destekke New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    It's not because kompany is injured, people have to forget about him.
    I mean : Dreesen has played, what ? 10 games ??? in his carreer ...
    Kompany is the best player in the whole league, you can't say you're a real footballfan (let alone expert) if you don't put kompany in the best XI

6. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    It's not bullshit to exclude Kompany and Vanden Borre. Kompany was injured for most of the season and Vanden Borre was terribly inconsistent.

7. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    He was injured for most of the season! I agree that in terms of pure talent, he should be in a jupiler XI, but he hardly played this season.

8. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    thanks for the lists, keep 'em coming!

i only get to see one game and some highlights a week

9. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Sure, I'm a bit influenced because I'm a Lierse fan, but calling my names bullshit and including Kompany and Van den Borre shows you haven't followed the league at all.

Kompany has been relaxing in Lyon all season and Van den Borre can't even keep Zewlakow on the bench. Dreesen has been crucial on a crucial time for his team, showing that despite his young age he can lead a team and prevent direct relegation.

I thought you had to make your team on the basis of what you have seen this season, or are you one of those idiots who would include Portillo because he was the all time topscorer in the Real youth system?

10. destekke

destekke New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    1) i think Portillo is a lousy footballer :p
    2) it doesn't say it's for this season, i agree putting kompany in would not be necessary cause he only played +- 8 games for this season, i just thought it was similar to the other topic (50 best players in JUP.LEAG.)
    3) i do follow belgian football, i have season tickets at Anderlecht, i have seen a lot of games on tv (een & Belgacom TV) ; i see all the highlights in studio 1, read all the news (TT) ...
    4) Zewlakow is not holding Vandenborre on the bench... Vercauteren is.
    Zewlakow is a player the supporters of anderlecht can't stand. his defensive skills are very mediocre, sometimes even horrible and he refuses to participate in any attack whatsoever.
    Vandenborre had an emotional breakdown in december, and Vercauteren put him on the bench for a little while. But then They won against Genk 4-1, and Vercauteren wanted to keep that winning team (that's why vanderhaege en zetterberg played so much, allthough they sucked in the first half of the season) . Same counts for zewlakow... Everytime vandenborre played , even if it was only 10 minutes, he lifted the game to a higher level, tis een geweldig vinnige speler met opmerkelijke aanvallende capaciteiten voor een VRC/MC/ AMR ;)
    And Zewlakow signed a new contract around newyear, in that contract, it was said he needed to play more, cause he wanted to go to the World Cup with Poland

11. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    I know we don't give many chances to youngsters, but in the case of VDB I think it's correct. Too immature to carry the weight of succes. He is a great player but he can't handle the pressure right now. Let him grow silently. Aimé Antheunis didn't do him a favour by calling him up when he was only playing for the reserves of Anderlecht. If you look at this season there is no way he can be in the Jupiler League top 11.

I know it's appealing to start judging people on potential, but you have to be careful. A good player IMHO is a player who makes his team play better. That was THE criterium for selecting my team and I believe you can hardly say the selection is bullshit.

12. O-side

O-side New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Verviers/ Belgium
    Cordier (La Louvière

Dupré (Z-W)-Dreesen (Lierse)-Onyewu (Standard)-Léonard (Standard)

Conceição (Standard)-Zetterberg (Anderlecht)-Defour (Genk)

Wilhelmsson (Anderlecht)-Frutos (Anderlecht)-Boussoufa (Gent)

Proto
    Tihinen
    Carlos
    Tchité
    Dosunmu
    Geraerts
    Runje