Your favorite Toffee moment of the season?

Discussion in 'Everton' started by Treetaliano, May 17, 2005.

1. dmax

dmax New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    New Jersey
    This is going to sound absolutly ridiculous but hear me out. A close second is the Ferguson /Man U goal but my favorite moment was the Cahill late goal at Liverpool. I know it looked as though it was a crippling loss at the time but I was sitting in a bar full of Liverpool fans. As basically a new soccer fan, when Cahill scored that goal-- it was at that moment that i truly saw and felt that passion that makes it a truly "beautiful game." I knew then that I found my sport and especially my team. Kudos to all you Evertonians who stuck through the thick and thin. I love America but here team loyalty is a fad. Has anyone noticed how many people are wearing Red Sox hats these days? Buckle up people, the best is yet to come!!!!!

D

2. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    I remember that goal. I was sitting in a bar in Amsterdam surrounded by RS fans and my friend Greg and I were the only ones cheering...

What a nice memory. :)

3. dmax

dmax New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    New Jersey

Its funny Sara, I also viewed that game in an exotic location --Hoboken, New Jersey! Ok, ok, maybe not quite as exotic.

D

4. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    Hey, I've been to Hoboken. It doesn't get any more exotic than that. :D

5. Chackett

Chackett New Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hoboken, like Amsterdam, is a state-of-mind.

6. 5_EUROPEAN_CUPS

Mar 19, 2005
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Jealous of finishing 4th and I can't remember the past glories of last Wednesday :D

7. 5_EUROPEAN_CUPS

Mar 19, 2005
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thank you for the congrats and yes I would agree given what you had to work with you do deserve congratulations for finishing 4th.

8. blueboy101

blueboy101 New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    ok, u jammed the champs league final, so u can say what u want and we will respect that, but if u think u r so much better than us, LAD, then why do u feel it necessary to come on an everton message board. il tell u why cos u know u arent number 1 in the city any more. u had all season to catch us and u simply couldnt.

and for the record my 2 favourite moments of the season were carsleys goal against the shite, and big duncs against manure.

i hope we get u in champs league and batter u RS. long live moyesey!!

9. blueboy101

blueboy101 New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    u sad bastard, if u were so confident of being better than us, then why r u on an everton site, ill tell u why, cos u know u arent the best anymore, u had all season to catch us and u couldnt.

well done for the champs league, but im sure deep down u know, u will never get as lucky as that again, juve shud have beaten u, chelsea shud have, and milan shud have been out of site, but all that to one side, fair play, but it wont happen again.

best moments of the season is cars goal agaonst the red shite, and big duncs against manure. long live moyesey

10. Scouse

Scouse New Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Manchester
    I've got quite used to being the only one cheering for Everton.

I watched the 2nd RS game in a pub in Manchester. roared like a madman when Cahill got our goal.