Your favorite Toffee moment of the season?

Discussion in 'Everton' started by Treetaliano, May 17, 2005.

1. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    Mine - The final whistle of the last day. No, not cause we had officially finished fourth and all that jazz...

No, mine was the fact that at that moment, the table was final and we finished the year with a NEGATIVE goal difference and only 3 points ahead of the RS.

Meaning, had they not lost to Crystal Freaking Palace or Birmingham City TWICE they'd be sitting in the CL and we'd be out looking in.

After being their stepchild for so long, that was awesome to know how close they came to doing it again, yet coming up Soup Nazi style.

-----------------

My favorite actual Everton moment was back in August, 4th game of the year. I was in Spain on vacation, miserable since it was raining for the whole damn week, bravely sitting in some pub full of Mancs wearing their Vodafone crap. We held them 0-0 at old trafford after having just held on for dear life.

The reason for that's my "real" moment of the year is cuz we had opened the season with the beatdown from the Arse, then followed that up with wins against Palace and West Brom. So I went into the game thinking, "yeah well..they just came up and we aren't THAT bad to lose to them, but now - we're fooked"

However the hell we did it, we got the draw, and afterwards seeing how pumped the boys were and the faces of all the damn Manc fans in the pub all pissed, I'm thinking to myself "Well, ********. We just may be on to something here."

And alas, we sure the ******** were.

-----------------

Other great moments.

Getting punked 7-0. I saw that as a joke, as is the guys were saying "This is what you were expecting right? ******** you then. We can lose 1000000-1 we're still going to the CL next year. Here, Dennis, score a few."

Taking four points from Man Yoo and the win against Pool, obviously were great but my favorite win was Pompey with Osman in the last second in Gravs last game when we all knew he was going away.

As if it was to say "you can bail, Gravs, but we aint going anywhere"

********ing great year. Honestly, I dont care if we crash out of the CL next year embarrassingly. We're not a great team, hell we aren't even a very good team. But this is why you love the game..

As long as the ball is round, right? This year defied odds, and deep down, I bet you the fans of every team in the league felt a little good for us.

Even the RS ;)

COYB

2. chifirefan

chifirefan Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Chicago
    Excellent post, Tree.

I'd say my favorite moment was Carsley's free kick into Liverpool's net!

It so reminded me of my least favorite moment when Gary McAllistar scored from a free kick against us at Goodison in the '00-'01 season.

It just felt like payback. :) A well deserved payback at that!!

Di

3. toffeman

toffeman New Member

Jul 6, 2000
    brooklyn,ny usa
    Nothing more sweet then Carsley's goal in THAT Derby win. Was it a free kick? !

Also the win against Manure, I think that was our most important result of the season, maybe only eclipsed mathematically by the Nwcastle win.

4. sarabella

sarabella BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    It was a free kick, and that is my favorite moment of the year too. Nothing like a good ol' ******** you to our neighbors across the park.

To be honest, I really loved the feeling of thinking we were going to crash and burn week after week and then having our boys come up big and grind out results. As Tree said, we're not a great team but we sure did some great things this year.

It's a good year to be an Evertonian.

5. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Finishing above the Shíte.

6. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    from a non-toffee standpoint, i'd say the win over manU - you guys thoroughly outworked, outhustled and out played the other RS to place a virtual stamp on your CL qualification... a true money win that was

7. kerpow

kerpow New Member

Jun 11, 2002
    Carsley scoring against RS.

However, best game for me was against Villa. So good to see everton totally out class, out think and out play a reputable team like them.

8. Chris M

Chris M New Member

May 7, 2004
    Liverpool/Sheffield
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Another vote for Carsley's goal against the RS.

9. floydyboy

floydyboy New Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Taking four points from manure,as i live in stockport near manchester.
    They are everywhere.

Oh yeah and even better the faces when Glazer took control :D

10. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    That Mikel Arteta freekick was insane...loved that.

11. Chackett

Chackett New Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    My favorite moment was Tim Cahills first goal of the season against Man City.
    It was made all the better when he got booked for the celebration afterward.

Second would be Artetas free kick vs. Palace, and third would be Drunken Duncans match winner against Manchester Divided.

A close 4th has to be Vaughns debut as well.

12. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    I liked that one too.

13. 5_EUROPEAN_CUPS

Mar 19, 2005
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Mine would be when Gollum a.k.a Moyes said Everton were the best team in Liverpool.

Laugh ? I nearly shat meself!

14. toffeman

toffeman New Member

Jul 6, 2000
    brooklyn,ny usa
    Firstly, I like the Gollum one, I see it it's a little cute!

But answer me how a team finishes UNDER ( as in Rafael BENEATH US!) another team after not one or two not three not even four, BUT THIRTY EIGHT games against the same pple in the same grounds, and u think they are better than the team ABOVE them, well PULEASE!
    I rest my case MR BIAS TAKE UR BLINKERS OFF AND SEE THE LIGHT.
    LIVERPOOL WERE THE SECOND BEST TEAM IN MERSEYSIDE THIS YEAR AND HOPEFULLY FOR MANY MORE!!!

AHHHH!!!!! WHAT A GREAT YEAR IT WAS!!!!
    EVERTON EVERTON EVERTON!!!!

15. 5_EUROPEAN_CUPS

Mar 19, 2005
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah were the second best team in Liverpool and yet the European Champions... love the logic there fella.

Did you enjoy celebreating 4th ? Nil Satis Nisi Optimum ? Only 4th will do does that mean ?

No bus ride with that magical piece of paper ? :D

Do me a favour lad. ;)

16. floydyboy

floydyboy New Member

Dec 8, 2004

But are you in the champions league next season? you will always be second to the original team from liverpool,your lot only exist because of everton remember that.

17. 5_EUROPEAN_CUPS

Mar 19, 2005
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We only exist cos of chimps.

Isn't evolution great :D

18. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Do you really have to come in here and annoy the locals?

19. floydyboy

floydyboy New Member

Dec 8, 2004

He is a liverpool fan therefore he is only jealous of every other decent team.And just like the football team run from the truth,hiding behind past glory's,he needs something to do his team are not doing much.

20. toffeman

toffeman New Member

Jul 6, 2000
    brooklyn,ny usa
    How many teams did u have to play to win the cup? 19 each twice, nah and u were lucky that Barca were knocked out! But u won it and that's kool 4 u, but i remains that if u were better than us u would have finished above us after 38 games.

And yes 4th is not enough 4 us. Give us a couple more seasons to regain that what u took from us ( one of the big 5, chance to compete yearly in Europe, and the finances that come with) in 1985 with the actions of a bunch of hooligans and killers, and then maybe a parade will happen with silver not paper!
    Lastly, good luck, here's to next season which will give us another chance to see who will get 3rd place (lol) or should we shoot for "optimum"?? ( Nah I am realistic and would hope for a repeat of this year) 4th again and of course U BENEATH US again!
    PS cant get the smiley's up, if I could I would put one up coz i like the banter.

21. 5_EUROPEAN_CUPS

Mar 19, 2005
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It doesnt matter where your from does it the biterness just carrys across...

Don't blame it on a ******** team

Don't blame it on ******** fans

Don't blame it on a ******** Ground

BLAME IT ON HEYSEL!

22. Chackett

Chackett New Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    A congratulations to Liverpool is well deserved for their acheivements this year. I hope that you would agree that Everon also deserves a congratulations for their achevements. Now, please go back to your own forums.

23. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    I agree. Stop trolling, Mr. 5 Cups.

24. 5_EUROPEAN_CUPS

Mar 19, 2005
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Im like a super hero anti bitter blue man. :D

As for going threough the front door.... 4th and you can thank US and Manchester United that 4th is good enough for you to go through your "front door".

Of course to a bitter blue 4th would be more respectable than defending champions. :rolleyes:

25. sarabella

Jun 22, 2004
    UK
    This is your last warning, 5 Cups.