Your favorite "Davey and Goliath" episode

Discussion in 'Books' started by NEKSoccer, Aug 19, 2003.

1. NEKSoccer

NEKSoccer Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Long Island, NY
    "I don't know, Davey!"

Do any of you remember the stop-motion animation religious series "Davey and Goliath"? This is possibly one of the most wholesome TV shows ever to appear on the small screen. And the good news is that there is a brand new Christmas edition of the show that was being produced (I don't know if they are done with it yet). But the original series was lots of fun.

If I had to pick a favorite episode, it would have to be "The Wild Goat" - the one where Davey finds an injured goat and nurses it back to health only to find he couldn't keep it as a pet. I also liked "The Time Machine" where Davey and Sally get locked into an old man's laboratory and pretend they're in a time machine with one of the machines in the old man's lab. I also liked "The New Skates" where Davey disobeys his mother and goes ice skating on a pond and ends up falling in and having to be rescued by his friend Jimmy and also by Goliath. In the process, he loses one of the skates. Of course, the Easter episode when Davey's grandmother dies (albeit off camera) is a classic. You didn't see such things on kids' shows back then (this was made circa 1967 by which time Norma MacMillan had succeeded Richard Beals as the voice of Davey).

You might remember MacMillan as the voice of Sweet Polly Purebred from the "Underdog" cartoons. She was also the real life mother of Allison Arngrim who played Nellie Oleson on "Little House On The Prairie". Beals, on the other hand, was the voice of Buzz Conroy in Hanna-Barbera's "Frankenstein Jr.". He also did some cartoons for Warner Brothers as the voice of a little boy named Ralph who had daydreams and acted them out.

"Davey And Goliath" was a classic show as well as being one of my all time favorites. What was YOUR favorite episode? Feel free to share your memories of the show right here. Let me hear from ya! Write away!

P.S. Check out www.daveyandgoliath.org for updates on the new show and other fun stuff related to "D&G".