Your Country needs you

Discussion in 'England' started by Andyobri, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Andyobri

Andyobri New Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Haslingden. Rossenda
    Mr. Capello has some interesting choices to make, but will he ever go for a player like Almunia to play for England, a good keeper but will us English ever allow such a thing.
    There is plenty of young talent in the Premierleague but its the foreign boys that get the nod. We could recruite some of Arsenals youngsters, Denilson, Randall and others, there are many national teams that recruit from abroad, Tont Castoridoooidio being the best example. this would not please the fans but it would the fa as it would instantly increase the amount of English players in the premier league and it is a method of gaining thier services with minimal effort. the players may not play but called up, like Almunia.
    However i think youth is the best policy as we have no imnportant fixture any time soon we can build a real squad that play together, players like Foster, Richards, Lescott, Baines, Bentley, Jenas, Lennon, Reo Coker, Ashton, Bent, Derbyshire. They may not be world class now but blend them in a team of Beckham, Gerrard, Hargreaves, Neville (Either) and Owen a real force could be made with technique and ability.

2. Rig1964

Rig1964 Member

Apr 11, 2006
    Nottingham
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This is just my opinion, but as far as I'm concerned the reason I support England is because I'm English and they are my fellow countrymen, that's the whole point of international sport.

If a team full of foriegn players in England shirts won the world cup I wouldn't see that as England winning it so for me it would defeat the object.

Like I say, just my opinion.