Your Countries Top Five Rising Talent?

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by Aguilas Del America, May 17, 2003.

1. Germanshepherd

Germanshepherd New Member

May 19, 2003
    Rostock, Deutschland
    He had an impressive season, thats for sure.
    But during the last weeks he couldn`t hold his shape on top.

The other 5 were the whole season on top. So I named them.

Lauth is a great talent, some say like Voeller in his early days, but he didn`t convinced me yet.

The others are even ready for the "Nationalmannschaft". But Lauth had a really bad game last weekend against Canada.

2. Frieslander

Frieslander Member
    Staff Member

Feb 14, 2000
    North Jersey
    you're overstating the "campaign." People are just sick of Americans who ignore American soccer and only pay attention to European soccer because it's currently better. They fail to realize (and you may be guilty of this yourself) if you don't support what we have in the USA it will never get better. But if you do support US soccer it will definately get better (and we've already made huge strides). I'm not asking you to stop watching Serie A, I'm asking you to give MLS a chance too. The difference between the league in '96 and today is impressive.

3. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    to me, some campaigns really have more of a 'we should get about joining the worldwide club' - for instance, the soccer nation spots - i don't think that spot has any of the aforementioned undertones

4. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Well, I don't watch nearly as many MLS games as in the inaugural season but I pay attention. I know that if people like myself don't support MLS and the nat's it will be much harder to grow, but my problem with US soccer stems from my personal experience with it. My own bitter travel, ODP, college socer experience. I don't think the US soccer system is fair, and thats an entirely different thread.

5. punk_in_drublic

punk_in_drublic New Member

Dec 19, 2002
    satiago fernandez and alberto medina over luis perez??!!