Your 5 preferred and your 5 most disliked 2018 WC national teams

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by maxsanta, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Christina99

Christina99 Member+

Argentina
    Sep 22, 2013
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Oh, i actually forgot Portugal was playing. I really dislike that smug Ronaldo:sick:, so I guess Portugal is my only dislike

2. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    South Korea
    Iceland
    Mexico
    Croatia
    France

Dislikes :

Iran (because of their coach's behaviour)
    Morocco (they have some violent and mad fans)
    Belgium (too conceited and pretentious imo)
    Saudi Arabia (because they fired Bert van Marwijk like shit and I do not like them overall)
    Brazil (who loves Brazil apart Brazilian ?)

Nico777 repped this.
  3. dbianchin

dbianchin New Member

Corinthians
    Brazil
    Oct 26, 2017
    Top Preferred:
    1. Brazil
    2. Peru
    3. Iceland
    4. Egypt
    5. Uruguay

Top disliked:
    1. Germany
    2. Argentina
    3. Spain
    4. Belgium
    5. Switzerland

4. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #29 +PL+, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    Top Liked:
    1. Iran (Obvious)
    2. Argentina/Brazil (I like them both Argentine because of Messi and Brazil for the whole football culture, I loved Ronaldinho and now follow Neymar and Marcelo) In my book art of football will bloom in Brazilgentina. Football paradise.
    3. France (The only decent European side I love to see hold the cup)
    4. Japan (They are our friendly rival from far east and I wish them all the best)
    5. Australia (for sake of AFC and less boring grass rolling representative from AFC. They are a decent side)

Top Disliked:
    1. Spain: Barely scraping their credits from 7 years ago (for how they treated Catalans and my second favorite club Barcelona)
    2. Germans (I respect their football strength but absolutely dislike their soulless machine-like football style and arrogance)
    3. Mexico: They won a match in 2006 when our good team had infighting which ruined our chances. Some of their fans are the most obsessed delusional individuals I have ever talked to. Few others were OK. I need them to have a reality check next summer. The day Iran wins Mexico I will laugh good.
    4. Uruguay: Arrogance, thuggish players and delusional fans
    5. Portugal: Although our great coach CQ is from that country but they won Euro 2016 on a flop day. They absolutely didn't deserved it. I hope they end up eliminated by Argentina or France.:D

Since it was for fun I tried to heat it up a little. No hard feeling toward anyone.;)

Christina99 repped this.
  5. Sandinista

Sandinista Member+

Apr 11, 2010
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    Racing Club de Avellaneda
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Will generally root for the underdog, and want southamerican teams to do well (even Brazil, but definitely without them winning the cup :D).

I don't dislike anyone in particular but I do want to beat Brazil and England. Specially on the elimination rounds. To send them home, that would be great...

I don't even have a grudge with Germany taking us out so many times... perhaps its sth about them being not so passionate (for lack of a better word, maybe i should say demonstrative) about it. The poster above just said they're like a soulless machine :ROFLMAO:, and they kinda are, i don't know...

I mean, it would be great if we could face them and beat them, to even the score a little bit and because they're an all time football giant and probably the best team right now and for the past years... but i'd still prefer to beat the other two, if only because i'd enjoy the bragging rights with them better.

Nico777 repped this.
  6. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    All people have different reasons to like or dislike teams :))

I have teams that i want Croatia to beat cause we have revenges to take on them and now we might have the right group of players to take these revenges:

France Brazil Portugal Mexico

But i don't hate them... :))
    I live in France and kick french team ass in a knock out stage would be delight!

I have affection for the teams from countries from where i like the girls :D

Colombia ^^
    Iran
    Japan
    Peru as my girlfriend is peruvian.
    Morocco
    Russia Poland

are definitely at the top of my list even though i have never seen a country with as many beautiful women in a m2 as in ex yugoslavia ;)

Croatia and Serbia are my teams! Idemo dalje ;)

I will miss Italia though.

Kamtedrejt, themanlarry and Zandi360 repped this.
  7. LiftYourGame

LiftYourGame New Member

Manchester United
    Nov 17, 2017
    Got to like teams that try to play attacking football, so Australia and Brazil are my favourites.

Only team I dislike would be Peru due to what they did to the New Zealanders in Lima. Organising to have the country's air force fly over your opposition's hotel at 3am? Not cool.

8. themanlarry

themanlarry Member+

Nov 14, 2005
    They did way worse.
    - Not letting the plane from Buenos Aires land circling for hours and sending them to refuel in Chile before coming back to Lima to try to land again. Landed at 1am instead of 9pm.
    - The team bus driver 'forgetting' where the hotel was once they finally got on.
    - The next day the bus driver takes the long route to the training ground, then the wrong entrance and actually gets the bus physically stuck in a tunnel making them nearly miss their allotted training time (and a warning from FIFA match official).
    - Industrial grade fireworks outside the hotel at 2.25am the morning of the match (the optimal time your body switches into a different sleep mode supposedly).
    - Three air force planes to swoop manoeuvre around the hotel (with vamos Peru on wings).
    - Shining green lasers in the player's eyes during the match.

Well played though! It was a combined effort from the whole country like something out of a movie. NZ should have attacked more (on the pitch) in the first leg. I'd love to have a laugh over it over some beers with Peruvians in Russia though.

9. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Chances are Ghana would have qualified instead of Tunisia, Egypt would have obviously qualified from Tunisia's group.

10. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Morocco is nothing like Tunisia or Saudi Arabia. They actually play pretty offensive football. Plus they do have some recognizable players like Benatia or Ziyech.

Mani repped this.
  11. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    They should have haka'd the hell out of the Peruvians!

Hope they get three losses.

Most disliked teams:
    1. Tunisia
    2. Peru
    3. Spain
    4. Russia
    5. Tie between Uruguay and France

Most liked:
    1. Nigeria
    2. Serbia
    3. Senegal
    4. Iceland (albeit I think they will struggle)
    5. Iran (despite some of there very irritating fans)

Mani, Zandi360 and themanlarry repped this.
  12. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Are you seriously going to tell me you don't see the great irony in those two comments?

13. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    Mexicans

14. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Add Iranians to the list.

15. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yep, sorry, It was unfriendly from me to say that. French people do like Brazilian too. What I mean is as a National team, Brazil might be hated by some nations because they're strong but arrogant as well sometimes, so they have some enemy in world football. But I guess, Brazil, as a people, is really good.

16. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Which one of the usual suspect are you?
    1. Spanish fan
    2. Portuguese fan
    3. Mexican fan

I can see Real fan which gives the background (Spanish vs Catalan, CR7 vs Messi) elements. Any how this is a fun thread and no hard feeling should come out of the comments. I stand by what I said before about delusional fans of Uruguay and Mexico. They are over hyped. The only player I respect in Mexican team is that young lad Lozano. He seems like a beast specially vs Belgium.

17. Nani_17

Nani_17 Member+

Nov 3, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If I have to tell you what country I support it speaks volumes to your knowledge. My post was not geared towards starting anything or being a di*k. I truly was curious how you could not see the irony.

18. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #43 +PL+, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    I don't see any irony. All teams have regular and delusional fans but those I have mentioned by far outnumbered the rest of supporters which I came across. Your experience might be different. For more info, the obsession of Mexican fans toward American fans is on another scale among the most rival fans I have ever seen. It was not directed at anything else. Being delusional is also very real. They over hype their NT very high. I don't even have a beef with Uruguay but from what I have watched I don't like the way they play, and behave inside and outside of the pitch. I am a Barca fan which means naturally I have to support Saurez but the case is different. I also like Portuguese team but I don't think they deserved Euro title. They are among top 10 but not top 5 in my book. Losing at hands of France will be a poetic justice for them. :D

19. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    There's not too many teams I dislike in this tournament.
    Even Mexico is difficult for me to dislike since I respect their manager and have been following his career a long time.

I am just going to sit back with a bunch of snacks and watch every game on my television set with the mentality of I just want to see Colombia do well and if other teams rise up to the top then good for them.

themanlarry repped this.
  20. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever happened to Marouane Chamakh?

21. samatwing

samatwing Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like how you put this. I got tickets to one match in St Pete, so its more about who I want drawn:

Hoping to see:
    Brazil, Denmark, Sweden, Argentina, Germany
    Iceland honorable mention, cause I saw them Euro 16

Prefer not to see:
    Small nations with no big players (sorry)... Tunisia, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Panama, Serbia, maybe Japan
    Of top seeds... France, maybe Portugal

22. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    not going to include my own team as that is obvious.

like:

1. brazil. who doesnt like neymar and attacking football.

2. spain. i like their style.

3. croatia. i like their style, some good attacking players and football. but i am pissed at them for strangely playing defensive against portugal in euro, had they played their own game they would have beaten portugal.

4. uruguay. suarez and cavani.

5. iceland.

dislike:

1. saudi arabia. obvious reasons.

2. portugal: they are a top team but resort to small team tactics (defending) which is how they won euro. they are like italy without the impressive pedigree to make up for it.

3. switerzland. you go here to hide your cash or ski, not form a mercenary football team.

4. france: antoine greizman celebration needs to go. also, they sucked during the euro finals by choking and letting portugal get an undeserved trophy.

5. morocco. im surprised that so few put morocco in their dislike list. this is a team who had all 11 starters born in europe. they are like french/belgium/netherlands combined B team. they were all brought up under european footballing systems. lets see a native moroccan team and how well they do.

zahzah and Nico777 repped this.
  23. Nico777

Nico777 Member+

Olympique de marseille
    Croatia
    Oct 19, 2017
    Serbia got some big players. And some upcoming world class youngsters.

Matic at Man U is one of the best midfielders in premier league.

Milinkovic Savic 22 y o lazio u19 euro champion 2013 u20 world champion 2015 might be one of the best midfielders in the world in the next decade. Some people think he is already there. One of the best in italian league right now at least.

Andrija Zivkovic benfica that few big clubs are targetting.

Then you got Ivanovic and Kolarov too.

24. Gibraldo

Gibraldo Member+

radnicki nis
    Serbia
    Nov 17, 2005
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Like:
    Serbia
    Uruguay
    Panama
    Peru
    Iceland

Dislike:
    Germany
    Saudi-Arabia
    Tunisia
    Sweden
    Croatia

DaniChandler repped this.
  25. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You never know - Tunisia-Saudi Arabia in '06 was electric.