Youngsters in MLS (1997 or later)

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Mario Balotelli, Mar 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tactical Hipster

Dec 23, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe I saw it was a tactical change rather than a injury

2. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I looked. Found nothing saying either injured or tactical, so I have no clue.

3. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Carleton has made the trip with Atlanta to Seattle for Friday's game. He didn't make the trip for their previous away game, so this could mean he has some shot to be in the 18.

bballshawn, Anderson11 and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  4. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    GoingGoaling and butters59 repped this.
  5. Sup Bro

Sup Bro Member+

Oct 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    EPB starting for Swope Park Rangers tonight, meaning a start for SKC on Friday is probably out of the question.

First game back, so for now I'll look at it like Jeter playing AA in a rehab start. But if it keeps up then:thumbsdown:

6. Anderson11

Anderson11 Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Subbed at half, I'm not sure why.

Overachiever repped this.
  7. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Probably makes the bench thats why.

8. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I think folks are in severe over-reaction mode to this loan of EPB to the USL. [Its not a season long loan by all accounts.] He missed the entire pre-season with the club and returned from the WC injured.

I'm with everybody that Vermes hasn't necessarily earned our trust on this one, but I do think we should give it a few more weeks before we go into BigSoccer "freak out" mode.

Brotheryoungbuck and ShadowMoses2 repped this.
  9. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    This has been a "thing" at least since the Juventus reports, which were like three years ago now. (Wow, time flies.) It's hard not to think that with so much money and so many people, personalities and other moving parts at play here, there isn't a fairly complex backstory that may never come out completely.)

Brotheryoungbuck repped this.
  10. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    One thing about EPB is his agent is known for over-talking European interest in his clients. That doesn't mean there isn't interest, and hyping his clients is part of his job to help create leverage so I don't suggest he's wrong for doing so.

But AJ Soares never played in Serie A, Jack McInerney never parlayed his goal-scoring into a Euro deal, the market dried up for Luis Gil and Robby Kristo was never heard from again after leaving college. Now, much of this is due to the actual talent and performance of the players and an agent can only do so much with the talent at hand.

All from the same rep as EPB. So just keep that in mind.

11. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't Juve bid 1M+ for EPB multiple times? Then Porto also bid for him but I don't think the amount came out publicly.

KC is trending towards not getting a dime for him. That's simple poor business and mismanagement.

Winoman repped this.
  12. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    The Juve 'journalist' who kept on reporting it never had sources or quotes from anyone. SKC denied an actual offer.
    Instead of teams, SKC, and EPB just waiting until Jan, teams may fear losing out on him and have to compete with bids during the summer. So all is not lost.

13. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I think there were quotes from a team reporter that an offer was made, although he didn't back up everything the Juventus guy said.

14. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Would SKC get some compensation for another team signing EPB who is under 24 who moves to a new team, as long as they offered him a new contract? I know there's a rule in England, but I have no idea if it applies throughout FIFA or not.

15. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually Robbie Kristo did get a sweet European deal.

At Osnabrueck in the 3rd Liga.

16. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only after signing for Spezia and going on loan to Fidelis Andria and Tuttocuoio!

17. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He can choose who he wants to sign for and sign a pre-contract with them this summer. He has the power now. EPB and his reps will now decide what his best opportunity is. Highest bidder no longer plays a part. Juve and Porto could both come in with competing bids and EPB could say, hmmm, Schalke seems committed to young Americans, I'll just sign with them for free(as a theoretical example). Then KC gets squat.

It's not about bids anymore. It's about clubs competing to convince EPB they are the best place for him.

Winoman and Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  18. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    What is the timeframe before the end of the contract where a player can unilaterally sign a pre-contract to eliminate the team's leverage and 'they get nothing'!.

19. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    6 months

Winoman repped this.
  20. Anderson11

Anderson11 Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe @ussoccer97531 said Carleton made the trip to Seattle tonight. I didn't fact check, but I'll be eagerly awaiting that lineup tonight.

21. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    So in theory the club could still have leverage to sell in a bidding war after the U20 YWC after June 11th and before end of June after EPB kicks butt and teams line up to bid for his services.

22. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Transfers to Europe can't be finalized until July 1st.

23. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could they sell him without his consent? If they can't, I don't believe they (SKC) have any leverage at all.

24. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    I don't know the specific answer to that but Whether they could or not I don't think morally SKC or any MLS team wants the reputation of transferring players to a bidding team the player doesn't want to go to. 'Hey Eric we just got a great bid from Siberia United. Good Luck'.
    So right now they have no leverage but if EPB doesn't sign a pre-contract in July they eventually have until the end of Dec to work with teams and Eric for the right fit at the best price.

25. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No because they can't force EPB to sign a contract with a new/buying club. Essentially, EPB has full choice on who he signs his next contract with.

KC, and MLS btw since they're the 3rd party here, would likely accept the highest bid. EPB however has full control over that going thru as if he doesn't want to sign, the transfer/bid won't happen. Plus future salary is agreed on before any bid is accepted. So not only would EPB have to accept playing at the bidding club over all others but he'd work out his salary beforehand too.

Sandon Mibut, Winoman and SUDano repped this.