Youngsters in MLS (1997 or later)

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Mario Balotelli, Mar 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brotheryoungbuck

Jan 24, 2015
    parts unknown
    Do these theoretical UCL teams play him with a sprained ankle or is that not the point?

2. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Not to overstate the obvious but what incredible exposure for Pomykal. He must, like Pulisic have other-wordly maturity. God knows at his age I never could have handled this. Even if I was good enough to try.

3. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    My apologies. I mis-remembered researching his injury and finding none. It was actually Lennon that did not have the injury. It happens at my age, alas.

Brotheryoungbuck repped this.
  4. Anderson11

Anderson11 Member

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No Farfan this week.

Overachiever and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  5. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Much better performance for Saucedo compared to WCQ

6. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Got on in 89'

7. Brotheryoungbuck

Jan 24, 2015
    parts unknown
    According to Twitter Farfan was in the start lineup but got the flu. Caleb Porter should know better than to scratch a dude out of a lineup because he has the flu, that's how you birth legends...

Anderson11 repped this.
  8. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, Pareja knows what he's doing. The USSF however does not, run by an econ professor who picks social justice as a priority over the actual game.

It's not surprising an outsider like Pareja from a legit footballing country sees Pomykal's quality/potential whereas the good ol' boys network of retreads does not.

Eighteen Alpha repped this.
  9. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    butters59 repped this.
  10. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Anderson11 repped this.
  11. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Lennon put in some good service, when down a man put a ball on Chad Barrett's foot at the 6 for what should have been RSL's second goal. He had a good chance on cross early he put over.

RSL used Lennon and Saucedo to stretch the field as wingers in a front 3, played a lot of long diagonals to them. They also tried to give it to Lennon early in behind. This was a smart gameplan and if they get Rusnak and the weakside WF crashing they should create.

12. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Various FCD youngsters may have gotten a run out in a friendly against San Antonio FC yesterday. Craft, Ferreira, Cannon, and various FCD academy players.

I haven't seen an actual lineup, though.

13. Tactical Hipster

Dec 23, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man if Glad wasn't hurt, they could have three U-20s starting for them...They definitely needed him with Schmidt and Schuler there, but Beckerman's red card really changed the game.

I think they both definitely did good enough to get more chances in the future.

14. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Craft and Cannon started.

[​IMG]

FCD won 2-1. Goals by Akindele and Barrios. Ferreira came on in the second half. Not much online about the game. It should be noted that Devin Vega played for San Antonio (came on after about 60 minutes).

They made a whole day of it as the San Antonio youth academies also came up for some games against FCD youth.

15. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    That's what she said.

brjohnson and Winoman repped this.
  16. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After three weeks...

257 - Derrick Jones
    140 - Paxton Pomykal
    90 - Marco Farfan
    90 - Brooks Lennon
    80 - Sebastian Saucedo
    11 - Jonathan Lewis
    1 - Pierre da Silva
    garbage time - Djordje Mihailovic

Miles Robinson, Coy Craft, Hugo Arellano, Tyler Adams, Tommy Redding, and Danny Acosta have graced their teams' benches with their presence, but have not stepped onto the field as of yet.

Justen Glad is injured. Erik Palmer-Brown has been listed as questionable with an ankle injury.

Ben Swanson (Pittsburgh), Chris Durkin (Richmond), and Victor Mansaray (Cincinnati) have been shipped out on loan already. Others will undoubtedly take the field for affiliates of various stripes when USL play begins this weekend.

17. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Is this the proper place to ask what happened to 97531?

18. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    #1893 ussoccer97531, Mar 20, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    I go for one week, and you gotta ask where I went? lol

I'm all good, took a vacation.

The Justen Glad injury seems kind of worrying. Does anyone know how long-term it is?

19. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    Good. I thought you got banned for whatever reason.:)

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  20. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Long enough that @bshredder doesn't think he'll make the U20 roster.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  21. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tyler Adams starts with Felipe in a 2-man midfield for RBNY. (Also Connor Lade and Alex Muyl join him as homegrowns in the starting lineup, but they are old.)

bballshawn repped this.
  22. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Bofo and Lennon starts again too.

Pl@ymaker and Gorky repped this.
  23. Brotheryoungbuck

Jan 24, 2015
    parts unknown
    Acosta on the bench, this crop of U20s is getting a significant playing time this season given arguably their best two players (EPB and Glad) are hurt. I feel like this is all that needs to be seen to know that the players/system in general is getting more legit. Memory is tricky but I'm pretty sure that only Miazga started the season of the U20 WC, while players like Acosta and Allen were getting frequent minutes while not being starters. Seems like this U20 cycle has quite a few MLS starters.

bballshawn repped this.
  24. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    And 3 more (overage) academy products on the bench for NYRB with Davis, Brandon Allen, and Dan Metzger.

25. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Saucedo off the post, but had the chance to play Lennon in early for a very likely goal.

Pl@ymaker repped this.