Youngsters in MLS (1993 or later)

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Real Corona, Aug 12, 2012.

1. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    90 minutes in Metro NY is probably 20 miles away....;)

2. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Eh, you know what? Maybe so, I didn't realize how far north west in NJ the NYRB training facility is.

If NYCFC came along a few years earlier, I think Adams would be playing for them. It just shows that NYCFC has lost basically the whole NY Metro area base of players to NYRB, and they realize it by not having a USSDA academy team for their first few years, knowing that there is no way they could compete with such a diluted pool of talent.

3. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beat me to it.

4. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    It should be noted that the best team in the U18 DA this season on a points per game basis is an NYCFC affiliate.........................

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  5. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  6. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Worra starting for DC United, Horton is on the bench. Craft and Bonner are both on the bench for FC Dallas.

USAMEX10 repped this.
  7. Brotheryoungbuck

Jan 24, 2015
    parts unknown
    Guillen who has dual Mexican and American citizenship is starting for FC Dallas at LB.

8. scoachd1

scoachd1 Member+

Jun 2, 2004
    Southern California
    Odd - I always thought his strength in college was the he was pretty quick/fast rather than exceptional technical ability. Sure you not think of Casiple?

9. scoachd1

scoachd1 Member+

Jun 2, 2004
    Southern California
    In his senior year, I thought he was the best attacking player I'd seen in college that year. Health has been an issue throughout his career and at the professional level, his decision making seems to be lacking at times when I've seen him. Still very athletic and pretty technical so I have hopes for him.

10. scoachd1

scoachd1 Member+

Jun 2, 2004
    Southern California
    Much more technical than Cruz, but not as strong and possibly not as fast. Cruz was an outstanding athlete that learned to play soccer at a later age and was always handicapped by that.

11. scoachd1

scoachd1 Member+

Jun 2, 2004
    Southern California
    Not that surprised. If I recall correctly, Vanney was the guy who brought him from RSL to Chivas USA.

12. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    I actually went back around the time I wrote that and found one or two reports saying it. Can't find them quickly now. In any case, I'd never seen him play in college, so I didn't have an opinion going into the draft.

13. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RIP, thread.

It's been a good run. Sad to say, I've read all 398 pages over the course of the last four years.

14. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Let's start a new one and let this one live through the MLS season.

So hard to say goodbye.

15. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Guess I'm restarting this.

Agudelo led NCAA D2 in goals this season as a junior transfer to Ft. Hays State (Kansas).

https://fhsuathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4100

16. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Wow, that was a call back from two years ago :)
    Thanks for that update. Agudelo was too good with the FCD academy to completely fall off the face of the earth. Glad to hear it.