Young K-league talents

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by Jitevra, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Its about time this thread is made.

Yoon Il Rok (19, MF, Gyeongnam FC) -
    Pretty much the next Yoon Bitgaram but I feel that in a few years time he could develop into more of a monster than Bitgaram. Whenever Bitgaram has gone missing due to national team priorities or injuries/suspensions he has stepped up to help the team, despite its recent off-form slump. Interesting thing is that, Gyeongnam FC has better record when Bitgaram does not play.
    Cho Kwang Rae has said that he has been watching this 19 year old sensation. Most people outside of Korea will get to know him more as time passes I assure you.
    This is his first year in K-league and has 1 goal 4 assists so far.

Lee Jong Ho (19, FW, Chunnam Dragons) -
    Gwangyang's Rooney. Strong and powerful but still very much raw compared to the K-league stars. He made his name in the K-league (though, many would know him well from the 2009 U-17 WC who played alongside Son Heung Min, Yoon Il Rok and reach Quarter-Finals) when he came off the bench vs FC Seoul and scored & assisted to make it 3-0.
    He is also very good friends with Ji Dong Won.

Cho Ji Hoon (21, MF, Suwon Samsung Bluewings) -
    He is probably more famous for being handsome at the moment but he also has the skills to become a star. He was drafted from his university side as one of the top rank. He started getting more playing time as Suwon's midfield (an expensive one that consists of Lee Yong Rae and Oh Jang Eun) were not really setting the pace so Cho came on more often and impressed the manager. He is quite tall for a MF as well - 188cm. He is used more in ACL and cup matches.

Yoo Jun Su (23, FW, Incheon United) -
    He got good spotlight at the start of the season, as many hoped he would form an exciting partnership with the other Yoo (Byung-Soo).
    So far, Yoo Jun Su has 9 starts to his first ever K-league season with 0 goals and 1 assist.

Lee Seung Ki (23, MF, Gwangju FC) -
    People are probably more familiar with the celebrity Lee Seung Ki. Its his first season in K-league but the no.7 has been the star of the midfield for K-league's new side Gwangju FC. So far, he has appeared 10 times with 2 goals and one assist.

Ko Mu Yeol (21, FW, Pohang Steelers) -
    He was drafted from his university side at the start of the year, and has been used mostly as a sub this year but one that has impact. Pohang Steelers are second in the ladder at the moment with a new manager in charge, Hwang Sun Hong. Ko Mu Yeol, who is tall and strong, has been valued by Hwang and is not incidentally that Ko Mu Yeol wears no.18 jersey for the club; the number Hwang Sun Hong wore during his Pohang days. He has appeared 8 times in K-league with 1 goal and 0 assists.

Yoo Jong-Hyun (23, FW/CB, Gwangju FC) -
    He was drafted from his uni side at the start of this season. But he is an interesting one. He is actually a forward but has been playing regularly as a defender because of defence troubles in Gwangju FC. I guess his tall height (195cm) helped. He can be considered the next Kim Shin Wook, only that he went from forward to defence and not defence to forward.

Kim Ji Woong (22, MF, Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors) -
    His second K-league season has been a hit so far. He was and still is criticized for being a bad tackler. The match where they lost 3-0 at Sangam is an example of a match where Kim Ji Woong made nasty challenges non-stop.
    Overall, he has appeared 7 times in the league with 3 goals and 0 assists.

Hwang Do Yeon (20, CB, Chunnam Dragons)-
    This is his second K-league season despite his very young age. He has been playing regularly for the U-20 KNT side and was used while Hong Jeong Ho & Kim Young Kwon were unable to feature for the Olympic KNT side for a while. He hasnt been getting much playing time in the league so far but is still young and has alot to develop. He is another youth product of Gwangyang, famous for bringing up players like Ji Dong Won, Yoon Suk Young, Lee Jong Ho and others.

Park Jun Hyuk (24, GK, Daegu FC) -
    He made a bad headlines last week for getting sent off for lashing out on the opposition player because of a scuffle.
    He is considered as one of the more smaller GK's in the league - 185cm but he has good reflexes and determination to do well.
    He was not considered for the starting no.1 spot but recently got more playing time as Daegu's no.1 was injured. He played for Gyeongnam FC last season but did appear once.
    He has appeared 4 times so far with 3 goals conceeded *note* Daegu is not a big club.

Please add more people!

2. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    powerful thread

thanks for the info

3. kevinkim26

kevinkim26 Member

May 14, 2011
    New Yorker in Jeju, South Korea
    Club:
    Jeju United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Great thread, you should also do an analysis on the 선배 players in the league who can help take us to the K-League promise land before they retire. ;)

May I add someone that's not on the list yet? It'd be a great shame to forget about him:

Kang Su-Il (24, FW, Jeju United)-
    Played five seasons in Incheon United before transferring to Jeju United as the number 9. Considered as the "Gabriel Obertan of Jeju", and is the super-sub striker that can back up senior players like Santos and Kim Eun-Jung during pressure plays. Won the MVP title in 2008 while playing in Reserve League.

4. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lee Seung-Ryul.

Hope he flies again. The Olympic team seems to need it.

5. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Hong Chul please! I don't have the time to write up a mini bio. Jitevra, please help! :D

6. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I was actually aiming more of the "less-famous" stars so to say.
    But yes, Chul, very good player. In fact he is the most valuable player in Seongnam, now that Sasa Ognenovski is all but leaving (and its Chul's second K-league season only! Cho Dong Gun is starting to raise his values as well)
    But its difficult to determine which position he plays the best (Left back or Left midfield)...but just know that this speedster is very good.

This is the Lee Jong Ho I am liking [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8kBXN9O-gw&feature=channel_video_title"]YouTube - ‪Lee Jong Ho (???) Debut K-league Goal‬‏[/ame]

7. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    it's kinda sad there's only 1 defender with potential

8. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Theres more...just I didnt put it in.

Kim Dong Woo (23, CB, FC Seoul)

9. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lee Sang Duk (25, CB, FC Daegu)

The new Lee Jung Soo. Could be a bad and a good thing. Even Cho Kwang Rae said the same.

10. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Guess which boy scored his second goal of the season? Yoon Il Rok!!! (although his team lost 3-2 to Pohang).

11. kevinkim26

kevinkim26 Member

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    Jeju United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I love Jeju's 박경훈 감독님 and I don't usually question his infinite wisdom, but he should really put in Kang Su-Il much earlier than his usual stoppage-time rotation. I see a lot of potential from this guy, and I'd hate to see our super-sub not get noticed from the fans or the KNT when he could be scoring monstrous goals left and right if he were to be put in several minutes earlier. =/

Oh, and about Sasa leaving Seongnam for Bundesliga, has it been officially confirmed?

12. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    cool thread definitely. Ill subscribe. Biostats woulda been nice tho.

13. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Just remembered when I saw the U-20 Preliminary list...

Lim Chang Woo (19, CB, Ulsan Hyundai Motors)
    He has yet to make his debut appearance for Ulsan but he is considered a bright young prospect. He is a key member for the current U-20 side. I think long time ago, Manchester United scouts said he is a good prospect or something.

14. kevinkim26

kevinkim26 Member

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    Jeju United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm pretty sure the "Motors" name belongs to Jeonbuk. ;)

15. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    [​IMG]

the next PCY

*check out his fingers*

[​IMG]

16. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lol, he is even wearing the same elbow support like PCY, but he needs to grow his hair way longer. Back to topic, is he a freekick taker?

17. LDG20

LDG20 Member

Chelsea
    South Korea
    Jul 2, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Owned by Hyundai Heavy Industries division.
    Ulsan is boring except some nice landmarks.

18. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    who is this? looks like wookie

19. kevinkim26

kevinkim26 Member

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    Jeju United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Looks like you missed the K-League Cup match with Ulsan recently. ;)

Either that, or you haven't been reading the comments above!

Kim Shin-Wook, striker for Ulsan Hyundai FC.

20. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    What was the point of mentioning him in this thread when he was actually involved with match-fixing ㅠ.ㅠ 에휴~

21. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    As this is a K-league young talent thread, I like to introduce someone different.

Weslley (19, FW, Chunnam Dragons)
    He is a year younger than Ji Dong Won and is on loan from Corinthians. There was this one spectacular goal he scored, where Ji Dong Won gave him a through ball and Weslley scored from a really tight angle. I thought it was amazing but I cant be bothered to find that. Apparently, there was a time when Ronaldo (THE Ronaldo) said good things about this young Brazilian striker.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WvBrhYK1-k"]YouTube - ‪CN GOALS.wmv‬‏[/ame]

[​IMG]

22. kevinkim26

kevinkim26 Member

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    Jeju United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Best celebration ever. :D

But Jeju's Santos and Jair are better, puhahaha. But Santos is getting older, and not getting any taller... :(

23. NigelQuashie

NigelQuashie New Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Moscow, Russia
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Hi all,

As the transfer window in the Russian Premier league is about to open soon, Eurosport Russia are going to write a set of stories about the hottest prospects from all over the world. We believe it could be interesting to take a look at players that could attract Russian clubs' attention at some point.

You've mentioned lots of players in this thread, but they are not rated at all. Are there any players that really stand out?

Thanks a lot in advance,
    Igor.

24. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Not rated at all by whom? :confused:

And no offence but why would we want our hottest prospects to go to Russia instead of England, Germany and France? :confused: