Young Brazilian Talent At Home

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by MadridForLife, Oct 5, 2003.

1. MadridForLife

MadridForLife New Member

Oct 13, 2002
    Worcester, MA
    I was just wondering what the top talent is that is still playing in Brazil. I can only think of Diego and Robinho, but after that I couldn't think of anyone. Maybe some of the young guys playing at Internacional? Thanks

2. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    MFLife there is soooo much more. Since you didn't mention Alex (probably MVP for this season) or Luis Fabiano, I'm assuming you mean young talent with potential of world wide notoriety. I'll offer two I enjoy watching:

Carlos Alberto - Fluminense (still under 20 I believe)
    Gil - Corinthians (under 23)

3. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Carlos Alberto, of Fluminense (midfield).

He is an island of talent in the sea of mediocrity that is Fluminense today. He was with the U-23 team in the last Gold Cup. Maybe he could produce more if he was in a better team. But he's not that suited for the physical game.

4. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Santos isn't just Diego and Robinho, they have a huge crop of young talent that you could see on the national team together one day.

Alex - Central defender - best in Brazil today, probably better than Lúcio and a starter in central defense by some time in qualifying next year.

Renato - midfielder - Capped by Parreira during the first week of qualifying, could be fighting for a starting spot on the right and may overtake Emerson shortly.

Elano - offensive-midfielder - called up but not capped during the qualifiers, he is part of the reason why Diego and Robinho had such an outstanding season last year as defenses looked to shut him down.

Leo (lb), Paulo Almeida (dm), Fábio Costa (gk) are all excellent players and a huge part of why Santos are so strong today and, if they do not get sold for another year, will win Libertadores 04 IMHO.

5. rednaxel

rednaxel New Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Porto Alegre, RS
    Internacional

Internacional is getting now (and in the next years, too) the results of former years' success in U-15, U-17, U-18 and U-20 level. As an example, in 2000 the U-15 team where national, latin american and world champions at club level.

The U-20 in the main team are:
    - Diego (18 yo), attacker;
    - Nilmar (19 yo), attacker;
    - Daniel Carvalho (20 yo), attacker/midfield;
    - Cleiton Xavier (20 yo), midfield;

Also in the main group, as substitutes by now:
    - Diogo (Diego's twin brother), midfield;
    - Chiquinho (20 yo), left wing (back from injury);
    - Cidimar (19 yo), attacker;
    - Thiago Mattos (20 yo), right wing;
    - Ismael (20 yo), left wing;

In younger teams, there's many more. In the current U-18 national team there are 4 more. By the way, last month they were Sendai Cup champions. They are (ages unknown to me):
    - Diogo (Diego's twin brother), midfield;
    - Renan Brito, goalkeeper;
    - Filipe Soares, left wing;
    - Rodrigo Paixão, attacker.

Diogo was chosen MVP in the final game against Italy. There were 3 matches:
    - Sep, 25: Brazil x Tohoku, 5 - 0 (Diego Tardelli, Levi, Diogo, Luizinho and Léo);
    - Sep, 27: Brazil x Japan, 4 - 0 (Diego Tardelli, Wilson, Diogo and Wilson again);
    - Sep, 28: Brazil x Italy, 2 - 2 (Diego Tardelli and Gerson).

Alexsander.