You make me sick!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Khansingh, Oct 22, 2002.

1. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    As you may have discovered from reading the on-going debates between the two rival camps, there is among American soccer fans a person known as a Eurosnob. Someone who either thinks that MLS is sub-par compared to the Euro leagues and isn't worth watching or thinks that everything, from the nicknames to the kits without sponsors, this league does is wrong. Sometimes both. But you Canadians have something not unlike the Eurosnob. Something, usually within Metropolitan Toronto, that wants the NFL and won't settle for anything "less." My question is: who is more annoying? Eurosnobs or American Wannabes?

2. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    However, the majority of Canada are not 'American wannabes.'

3. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Neither, unconstructive threads - like this one. :)

4. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

Canada has Eurosnobs as well.

5. Daniel from Montréal

Aug 4, 2000
    Montréal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Where can I vote for DoyleG?

6. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

I cant believe that 2 c*nts voted for "they're both right."

7. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    Well I could have asked in the Other Sports forum, but what are the odds that I'll get Canadians to respond?

That's what I thought.

8. CalgaryMJ

CalgaryMJ New Member

Apr 7, 2002
    Calgary
    Close but...

no cigar. Voted for both, but wanted it to end, they're both wrong. Both groups have some points in their favour, but they generally miss the whole point of the argument - now if they'd just missed the boat over here.

9. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

Re: Close but...

Huh???

You couldn't have voted for both, I did, and there is only one vote tallied for f -em both.

Or did you accidently vote for they're both right?

10. CalgaryMJ

CalgaryMJ New Member

Apr 7, 2002
    Calgary
    Re: Re: Close but...

Don't want to f-em. They're misguided fans of a sport and would prefer to have them give some acknowledgement if not grudging support of the leagues/teams they put down. They have some valid criticisms of the MLS/CFL and would prefer to see work done to win' em over rather then send them on a long walk off a short pier. My biggest problem with them is they don't seem to realise that the sport/team they're putting down is the only game in town and when it goes, so does the game. They an always watch on the tube, but that's a poor substitute to attending events live in my book.

11. Krammerhead

Krammerhead Guest

Both groups are scum.