You have to be kidding me...

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by leoriver, May 3, 2006.

1. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    I'm usually not to blame refs for winning or losing but after seeing a couple of games this week its just incredible on how these refs can keep on holding on to their jobs.Then one figures why theres violence,sh-it I don't blame them for the riots at times.

Velez-Newells: Gimenez gives Velez a penalty that he only sees.

Sao Paulo vs Palmeiras- LoL dam that has to be the worst referring i've seen in a long time,those that saw the game know what i'm talking about.Also giving a pk that only he saw in the stadium.Wtf,these are crucial games they are refering.

The final of the Concacaf I believe between America and Toluca where Americas forward is like 2 meters offsides and scores the goal that sends the game to extra time in where they do win.

Villarreal vs Arsenal: We already talked about this one.

Sometimes I think how would it be with instant replay...

2. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    I know what you mean Leo ... I watched the games too. :mad:

But ... can you imagine being Tevez? ;)

3. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    the original play before the goal was offsides. but yeah if a team has got to win they have to win apparently.

4. soybostero

soybostero Member

Oct 3, 2005
    Miami
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That's hard to believe after the rage on this board after Boca tying versus River being down a man when Guille got the penal...

BUT aside from that, I completely agree with last nights games being decided by referees...This trend needs to stop, a Referee CANNOT decide a game and recently that seems to be the popular trend. Referees need to be accountable for their mistakes. These mistakes are costing these teams hundreds of thousands of dollars in winnings from Libertadores.

People shouldn't be shocked when riots ensue in the crowds after that crap.

5. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    The original play came from a corner.

But if you refer to the play that generated the corner ... Nilmar seemed to be on line with Ferrari. The snapshot is after the ball left the players boot and Ferrari gave a step forward by then.

[​IMG]

Unfortunately for River ... had Ferrari been red carded in the 1st half, he wouldn't had played Nilmar on side ... and no corner would had resulted ... and no lawful goal by Tevez would had been pick pocketed from Timao. There would had been NO EXCUSES!!!:rolleyes:

PS: Apparently, Nacional got a legit goal over ruled too last nite against Internacional. Didn't watch the game, as Closs ruined the game throwing the result during the SP v Pal game. :mad:

6. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i dont know you could be right, i just remember watching estudio futbol and them saying that the original play that led to the corner was offside. the point is that this referre shit has to stop, i wasnt in favor of how they have it in the nfl. but now i am man put two guys to watch the play again and tell the referre what to do.

7. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    Your pretty fast to catch whats been called or not vs River,while you are at it bring up the free kick that gave you guys the win against Velez.

I also agree that el paragua that reffed River-Corinthians did make a few mistakes that favored River,hey its not like we told him to.

The funny thing is that the ref association backs up the referrees performences instead of taking action,just like they punish players for red cards they should do the same thing with the refs.

8. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Did you read the refs report? There was nothing wrong with the free kick. :)

PS: Good luck tonite ... Carlinhos could be a nitemare. :D

9. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I see referees seriously messing up everywhere. It happens in Europe, South America, wherever football is played. It's happened in the time of my grandfather, and it continues to happen today. I'm sure it's going to happen again at the World Cup. Somebody is going to get screwed, and the fans will get pissed.

Maybe it's not always the ref's fault. Maybe it is just too difficult to get it always right, with so much going on during a match. It's easy for fans to whine about a miss after we watch a play on replay ten times, from different angles, but the ref is running around the field and doesn't have that luxury.

Maybe we should reconsider the refs responsibility. Maybe there should be more assistants helping the head ref, (as the two linemen now do), each covering a different area of the field. We could even have somebody watching the replays on TV and communicating right away with the head ref. There certainly is the technology available to do it. It's worth a try.

Just a thought.

10. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    i agree with you asf. look at the nfl, that's probably the best way to do it. without all the stopping, but mistakes are human and will always be there. its what made the sport what it is. but the level of refering has got to improve.

11. leoriver

leoriver New Member

Nov 29, 2003
    en el monu
    No sh-it refs have been screwing up since the begining of time.Just that as of late its been to much.If it was just normal fouls I wouldnt even have started this thread.Its "CRUCIAL" calls that they are making or not making that has gotten my attention.You say they need more assistances? The lines man are there but dont have the BALLS to make a call or go against what the ref called.They are useless.They see videos and go to school for this crap and make a living off this,they ref week after week and yet make mistakes they only see and yet Conmebol doesnt take action.But yet the do watch videos to see on how players get away with stuff the ref didnt see and later fine them.Same way it should be for the refs.

I know it will continue but they need to get their stuff together or fine other ways on how to make their calls better.

Tell me what did you feel,lets say, when the mexican that reffed Argentina vs Germany in the final of Italia 90 called that foul on Monzon? Or when Tulio brought down that ball in the box vs Argentina in the Copa America in 95 that tied the game in where we lost laster on in PKs? I know its way behind us but dam I wanted to kick some ass at that time.

12. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román
    Or ... the Hand of God. :D

13. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not to mention the expulsion of Rattin.

14. John L

John L Member+

Sep 20, 2003
    Alexandria, VA
    The most consistent mistake refs seem to make are on Off Sides - But often times the pass is not made right in front of the linesman making the call - Often it comes from diagonally opposite the linesman and he's screened and can't properly see when the pass was made - Think the interpretations of the rule need to be spelled out more clearly and then passed down to all the ref associations clearly -

btw - I always tell my kids teams that YES, the refs will make mistakes - But the players ALWAYS make more mistakes than the refs - Bad shots, unforced bad passes, stupid runs, laziness, etc - At EVERY LEVEL, players make more mistakes than the refs - Just watch a game really critically and see how your favorite player does - A lot of great plays? - YUP - But also a lot of really dumbs ones

AND NO - PLEASE DO NOT GO ALONG WITH THE NFL AND TV REPLAY OF CALLS !! - Maybe critically review games after the fact and grade and cautions refs, but thats just about it

15. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I'd be in favor of having two linemen on each half of the field, one on each side. (four total). Divide the field in four, and each lineman helps the ref within his sphere of influence.

I also would like to see one official with access to replays, but to be used only in extreme situations, like if a call was obviously blown and it resulted in a key outcome for the match, such as a penalty kick, a goal, or an unjust red card. Such a situation might happen once or twice in a match, if at all, and reviewing it could result in a more just outcome to the match as well as end speculation of favoritism. Replay would not be used on close calls that could go either way, or in the case of less important ref mistakes, to avoid stopping the flow of the match.

16. Ron Mexico

Ron Mexico Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Maybe do like the NFL does if a coach wants to challenge a play and if the play still stands the coach's team gets a timeout taken away. For futbol the team would be penalize one substitute.

17. mekkanika

mekkanika New Member

May 5, 2006
    that sucks

18. vipnerd

vipnerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2003
    La Mitad + Román