Yoo Byung-Soo @ Al-Hilal 2011-2012 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by ChaDuRi671, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    That's fine.

Some old women collect stray cats...
    Some guys are all about giving tender love to fat fuglies...

And I guess some love all the KNT rejects/periphery players...

I don't get it. But that's fine.

2. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yeah because every player has to be a star/superstar to be deemed useful, right?

3. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    No. Nor have I implied as such.

They have to bring needed value to the squad to be useful. You're just defending a collection that bring limited (and duplicitive/superfluous) value to be of any use. That's a clear distinction you're failing to grasp.

4. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Then tell that to all the KNT managers because even through all his injuries, KDH has a lot of international caps. Obviously they see something in him to give him chance after chance. He's hardly a KNT reject as you have stated if he has (i checked) 61 caps, and will probably get few more.

5. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    I can't believe we're still discussing a shitty midfielder like Kim DH. It's like my friend who won't fcking shut up about how hot Mischa Barton still is...

He is a KNT reject. He hasn't been used in any of the last handful of major tournaments. In WC06 in Germany, what impact did he have against Togo, France and Switzerland? Oh that's right, he was riding the bench.

Have we ever built a team around him following the U-20 tournament? No.
    Did Huh JM use him in the WC10 campaign? No.

He's been on the periphery for over 4 years now. Give it up. You're just digging a bigger hole w/ your love-in for a decent midfielder who's 30 now.

For the record, this is what Mischa Barton looks like now...
    [​IMG]

6. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Decent mid-fielder who brings something a lot of other KNT players cannot bring to the table. He's not suppose to be the main star or someone to build a team around.

And you're fcking talking about U-20 tournament? Are you for real? We're going to completely ignore injuries? And we always have had good depth in the mid-field.

He has 61 caps and like I said, will earn few more. Still hardly a KNT reject whether you want to face this fact or not.

7. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    All yours brah.

8. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    61 caps. So what? Name me 1 WC final match he played. Name me 1 AC final match he had an impact. He's been used in initial round qualifiers to tournaments and useless Asian mini-tournaments mostly. When has he been relied on outside of the WCQ06 campaign consistently? Certainly not in the past few years...

I view the squid as a more important midfielder than Kim DH. At least LYR is useful in some situations for the squad.

Explain to me what Kim DH brings to the table that the following members (his contemporaries) do not to the squad:
    1. Skeletor
    2. Squid
    3. Yeommy
    4. Kim JS

and what about LCY, KSY, KJC, KBK, YBGR, NTH not to mention the kids like Baek SD and Yoon IR?

I want to know what makes him better than the above mentioned options. B/c barring some special skill I don't know about, he's not going to make it to the 23 member squad for any major tournament. So why should he be used in an area of the pitch where we already have depth?

9. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Short passes. Something a lot of KNT players cannot execute with precision. You can name only about handful at most who can compete with KDH and that's being generous. But as you have stated, you think his passing skills are above average at best while I think he's among the top dogs in that department. Terrific long range passing as well. His passing skills are something that can't be ignored.

10. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    the problem with Kim Doo-Hyun is not that he is bad. the problem he has is that 1) hes on the police team currently and 2) the younger players are better. Koo, Yoon, and Ki are way better and more technically gifted. that being said i would like to see him play some in the friendly to see what he has left and see if he can last a decent portion of the match condition wise. he was one player i felt didnt deserve a call up though especially with no players from pohang, seongnam, jeju, and fc seoul called up who are in form.

i hope when Ki and Koo are 29 years old we have players who can replace them as well.

as far as Yoo BS goes he needs to play better competition. only then would i call him back up.

11. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I agree there are better talented and young mid-fielders. But the point is, when KDH is on form, he is not useless and much better than hodori gives him credit for. KDH is in my top 5 in terms of ability to dish the ball (PJS, Ki, YBGR, and probably 1 more). And he can bring pressure to the opposition's defense.

Yoo needs to come back to the K-league.

12. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Weren't you the one who scoffed at the fact that Kim BK was one of our best options in the midfield after our last WCQ? I'm pretty sure it was you.

Why do you even cite PJS? And who's your last player to fill in your top five?

KSY, KJC, LCY, KBK, YBGR are all better than him at passing the ball (let alone playmaking).

13. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No that wasn't me. I wasn't active in these forums during 2010-2011.

KJC and LCY are better in general than KDH but short passes and even long passes? Probably a notch below. KJC is still developing rapidly though.

14. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    It was a couple of months ago. FYI.

15. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Show me the thread because I don't remember saying such a thing.

And i'm pretty sure I never said it because I hardly watched the guy play to make any sort of opinion of him. Unless we're talking about a different guy here.

16. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    As much as I like KDH he was god awful in our last match missing a clear cut chance and putting the ball into the stands. His time is over, he's not getting any better.

17. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    I meant the WCQ was a few months ago. Thinking back on it, it wasn't you. We just argued over the role of Kim DH in the KNT probably.

18. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Couldn't have been me. I don't know enough about him to say anything at this point.

Yeah he was piss poor in that match and the previous one before that. There is a very good chance he'll never retain the form of his early-mid 20s because of the injuries he went through and the fact that he's about 30 now. But to say he was never good I'm just not going to agree with that.

Hodori repped this.
  19. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Al-Hilal played Manchester City in a friendly match and won 1-0. Yoo Byung-Soo started.