Yoo Byung-Soo @ Al-Hilal 2011-2012 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by ChaDuRi671, Aug 8, 2011.

1. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    i think of the players in the 20-21 age bracket you could say hes the best. a little older or younger and hes definitely not imo.

2. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Thats a pretty narrow window... I liked him at Valenciennes alot unlike some people but who knows what half a season out there in the desert has done.

3. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Nam will be fine. He just needs to get out by next summer. One year in Europe to get him prepared for the World Cup.

4. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Its not if he will be fine... as off topic as we are... but whether he can get anyone in Europe to notice. I guess we'll find out soon if half a season was enough film.

5. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Even if gets back he's going to improve on 10+ min/match to warrant Brazil.

6. kman1456

kman1456 Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He dropped four more on Baniyas this evening, although I didn't get to see how he played apart from those.

7. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You, Byung Soo?

Chingoo repped this.
  8. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    he looks like a beast in that vid.

9. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Im one of the very few who still believes YBS can be a very useful striker on the NT. So what if he's not a Total Footballesque player? He has by far the best natural instinct out of all the Korean strikers.

10. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    He did the same thing in the K-League.

11. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    It's not the football we play and we aren't about to switch onto another football for a scrub. We are a talented side; we need our centre forwards to be someone who gets everyone involved and someone who can be helpful to players surrounding him. And between Park Chuyoung and Lee Donggook we can score more than enough goals within Asia just fine.

12. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If we need a goal late in the match though...YBS could be serviceable imo.

13. koreansock

koreansock Red Card

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Yes because we don't already have a K-League and AFC Champions League goal scoring title holder, a former captain who has been scoring majority of the goals during one of Korea's highest scoring campaign in recent years, a prospect who has been lightning up the Bundesliga strictly with his nose for goals, and a 2 metre giant who has already collected several assists during key moments with his abilities to win aerial battles. Did I mention the two midfielders who are leading goal scorers at their respective clubs in Augsburg and Cerezo Osaka? What about our two central defenders who are deadly in set pieces and during clutch moments? We got more than enough goals and last minute aerial options as is.

Yoo Byungsoo is a scrub and he will forever remain one until he widens his game. All strikers in the national team is expected to have some ability to score goals--one wouldn't be selected if he didn't have the touch; just because Yoo is marginally better in something that already requires a shit ton amount of luck, it doesn't make him a special player. And special you need to be very in order to be a regular national team member.

14. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    he needs to get outta the desert

15. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well I agree with you that there are better prospects and we got LDG/PJY but Yoo has good natural instincts that majority of Korean strikers lack - whether you want to call that luck so be it. He positions himself immensely well and he's a good finisher. Other than LDG, we don't really have strikers who excel at finishing (no not even Park Ju Young). But I agree, he's not fast, he's not a 6'5 target striker, he's not much of a dribbler or passer. He isn't the most talented striker but he has two things that he can bring to the table that most K-strikers don't have. If we're trailing by 1 goal in the 80th minute or so and bringing him to try to get that 1 goal is something worthwhile to at least experiment.

Plus he can free kick but i still rather have someone like Park Ju-Young doing that. And we're giving friggin Lee Keun Ho chance after chance. If someone as overrated as LKH gets that many chances, Yoo deserves the same.

16. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    :rolleyes:

Absolutely not.

Exactly for the reason you state earlier in your post (quoted below).

Btw, this is slightly less silly than your insistence that Kim DH should be used for the KNT. But it's still annoying as hell.

17. Corporation X

Corporation X Member+

Sep 9, 2009
    Suckmydickastan
    Wookie is a better late sub X factor.

18. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Other strikers like SHM, Wookie, and KJC are much better prospects; you're not hearing a disagreement from me there. But can they finish as well as YBS? doubtful. We have talented enough players around him to keep pressing on offense and someone like YBS has the ability to be in the right place at the right time to score the late equalizer. This cannot necessarily be said of the other top prospects.

it wouldn't kill me if i never saw YBS on the KNT again. But I still think he can be serviceable as a late sub instead of disregarding him like most people are.

19. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well he's out of form now but when he's on form, he's one of the best if not the best passer. He's technically gifted, whether you acknowledge this or not. You're basing your opinion on his failure at England and current form.

20. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Face it. YBS is just not good enough at the WC level. Perhaps if we're in the third round and we're playing a shit ASEAN nation who allow our strikers to sit on-sides the entire match in front of goal and have our midfielders walk up and deliver the perfect throughball that can be slotted in from less than 10m.

But at a respectable international level, his shortcomings renders him impotent in front of goal either as a starter or joker. We currently have plenty of forwards and midfielders who can score under pressure - and Lee Dong Gook.

21. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think YBS would be very serviceable in the qualifiers. World Cup? I would agree that he could be completely useless on that level.

Sometimes, even the best players don't show up. Always need back-up plans.

22. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    FOR THE LAST TIME, I AM NOT BASING THIS ON HIS STUPID FCKING FAILURE AT WBA.

Since his U-20 days, I've never seen him as more than an above average passer with an occasional shot from medium range distance. But nothing more than that.

And clearly every KNT manager has seen him to be nothing more than a filler.

23. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    So why would you use him in the WCQ? And in the 4th round WCQ at that if you don't think he's good enough for the WC finals?

Do you think a WC ready squad magically appears suddenly when the calendar changes to the summer of 2014?

You're making very little sense.

24. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We beat this topic to death. You never liked him and I always thought he could have been a useful player if he didn't get injured.

25. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Roster changes happen all the time between final round of WCQ and WC. Was Jung our starting GK during the WCQ for 2010 WC? No it was LWJ. Starting eleven always changes. But we're not even talking about the starters here. We're talking about experimenting YBS as a late sub.

4th round of WCQ is still not on the same level as the group stages of the WC (unless it's an incredibly weak group).