Yoo Byung-Soo @ Al-Hilal 2011-2012 Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by ChaDuRi671, Aug 8, 2011.

1. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    my hope is this will revive his form and he may in the future get a shot at a mid level euro side.

2. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    How? When's the last time you've seen a player move out of the KSA league for a good/decent European league/side? The money is just too good and the players are just too complacent.

He's going to regress playing against that opposition. And in no time, he'll be an irrelevant afterthought.

3. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    thats why i said i hope. its unlikely but he did need a change. and since no euro sides came knocking he got the next best ticket out the k-league. for someone so young its too early to declare his career over.

im not holding my breath but just wish him the best.

4. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    ^ I agree that he needed a change. But I was hoping (if he had to move and couldn't go to Europe) that he do so to the J-League. I know there's a difference in wages between Japan and the middle east, but I'm very disappointed in him tbh.

5. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    He cashed in his pot with this move. Eh... he got no love in Korea anyways. Wasn't he passed over for player of the year or mvp or something despite being top scorer or something? Who knows what the backstory is.

6. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  7. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  8. Alhilali_AUS

Alhilali_AUS New Member

Aug 14, 2011
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Friendly match:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNSDReQ0N2g"]‫????? ??????? ?????? ??????? ??? ????? ??? ?? ?????? ?????? ???????? Hilal3 0Taawon YooByung‬‎ - YouTube[/ame]

First match for Alhilal in the SPL will be in 10th of Sep. 2011

Good luck for him

9. Alhilali_AUS

Alhilali_AUS New Member

Aug 14, 2011
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
  10. al ittihady

al ittihady Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Guys for you clarification the goals scored by Yoo-Byung Sooin the last two matches against Ittifaq[2] and Tawoon[2] are part of a friendly tournament which is being played in Riyadh.The league has not yet started.

11. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]

Al Hilal's 2011-2012 uniform.

12. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ga1JO-1NxQ&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ga1JO-1NxQ&feature=related[/ame]

13. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
  14. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    atmosphere looks real nice. The fans and his teammates seems to love him. He's really enjoying his time their. I want to see a picture of him in a white thobe.

Lee young pyo looked badass in one of them.
    [​IMG]

15. amazing_9

amazing_9 New Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh

[​IMG]

:D

16. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    hahahahahahaha

17. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Damn Yoo has a big head. LYP on the other hand looking pimp as hell.

18. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    While I can't speak for other Gulf Leagues, Saudi Arabia has a better reputation than that. Here are some players I remember just off the top of my head:

Prince Tagoe went from Ittifaq to Hoffenheim in Germany
    Thiago Neves of Hilal went back to Brazil with Flamingo and doing very well. A European contract isn't far off.
    Moussa Saïb went from Nasr to the French League
    Kandia Traore went from Nasr to the French League as well.
    Hasan Keita went from Ittihad to Mallorca
    Ohene Kennedy went from AL Nasr to the Turkish League
    Razak Omotoyossi went from Al Nasr to the French League with Metz
    Amine Chermiti went to Ittihad and then signed to Zurich

There are also plenty of footballers who come to Saudi Arabia ad stagnate. In the end, it's up to that player's mentality whether he makes it to Europe or not.

19. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    ^^

In the last 10 years, the following former Ittihad players later played in Europe:

Wagner
    Mario Carevic
    Milenko Acimovic

Phoenix has already mentioned Keita, Charmiti and Tagoe

You also have older players who went back to Europe:

Joseph Desire Job
    Titi Camara
    Nuno Assis

---

Playing in Saudi doesn't kill your career (doesn't add to it either).

20. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    Regarding the Hilal v Ahli match,

Yoo BS could've had a hatrick. He missed some sitters. But he has good pace and movement even if his finishing isn't that great.

21. gambeta

gambeta Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Yoo Byung-soo's problem is not that he went to Saudi Arabia. As proven throughout the years in the ACL, top teams in Saudi Arabia play competitive football and they were at one point better than our own clubs. Yoo Byung-soo's real problem lies in the fact that he's a limited player. I see that he scored a cracking goal, but we've all seen him do that in Korea. What we see in that goal is nothing new.

22. HilalCA

HilalCA New Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    For those who were talking about the gulf area as a bad area of football I would like to ask something who knows Mauro Zárate ? I think all of us who him very well, where were he before Lazio and Inter ? He was playing for Al-Sadd club which is a Qatari football club ! and now he is in Inter Milan doing very good job ! before judging anything search and plz try to have an information about what is going on in that part of problem. In my perspective, our only problem is our media ! we don't have a strong media to show the world exactly who we are, Korean and Japanese league are know everywhere in the world because of there media and now here in Canada TSN channel shows a summary of the K-League and J-League every week, what if that is the Saudi League, will the people still say the same ?
    :rolleyes:

23. HilalCA

HilalCA New Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    - For your Info guys Yoo singned a three years contract for 1,900,00 .
    and that's not a big deal ! I think he could have more than that if he chose to stay in Korea and sign a contact with one of the biggest teams there. I think he came to play football not earn jewelries as one of the guys said

24. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    WTF are you talking about? You make it sound like Qatar was responsible for his success.

His move from Velez Saarsfeld to Al-Saad was laughed at by everyone. And did he even spend an entire season there!??

Didn't he go on loan to the fcking Brummies and then off to Lazio? He took the retarded and circuitous route to Lazio. I don't even think Inter owns him outright. It's either a loan or a joint ownership.

Anyway, with his talents, he could have ended up at a good Serie A club when he left Argentina. But he went for money and suffered as a result. He's been nowhere near the Argentina set up when he arguably brings more to the table than Lavezzi.

Stop trying to make the middle eastern leagues (esp Qatar) anything more than what it is - a sh!te mickey mouse league that overpays its players making them complacent and useless.

Here's a recent ESPN column recounting his stupid decision to go to the middle east. Looks like he only made it to six matches... :rolleyes: