Kik Pierie at Excelsior (olf Ajax)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Feb 20, 2014.

1. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    edcrocker and BostonRed repped this.
  2. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Well, the ambulance drivers, they don't give a shit,
    They just want to get off work, and
    The short stop and the victim are already gone berserk
    And the shroud-tailor measures him for a deep-six holiday,
    The stiff is froze, the case is closed on the one that got away

3. The defenders situation in the Orange team gets crowdier with each week. ManCity signed talent CD Sandler (21) and according to his coach john van 't Schip he will join City after this season as Pep specifically wants him under his wings.
    Sandler has been absent with an injury the last few matches and was replaced by 16 year old van den Berg! I've watched him these last few matches and you can't believe your eyes when you see him play and thrust forwards with a confidence as if he's a years older experienced player and also sweeps passes as effortless as Kik can. It's as if defenders now drop of a riding van by the dozen.
    upload_2018-4-2_22-4-53.jpeg

Can we swap a few for a top striker? We have no room for all of them.
    Probably not related, but since the emerging of all those defenders the top scorers never scored so few goals.

ChuckMe92 repped this.
  4. Heerenveen faces Feyenoord tomorrow.

[​IMG] sc Heerenveen - Feyenoord [​IMG]
    14:30 CEST.

Kik will face Robin van Persie.
    Heerenveen needs to win to get into the play off for the EL ticket!
    Otherwise the season is felt to be a failure.
    Heerenveen moet Feyenoord verslaan: 'Anders is het seizoen mislukt'
    VoetbalPrimeur.nl-17 uur geleden
    In de afsluitende speelronde ontvangt Heerenveen nummer vier Feyenoord. Bij een zege mag de ploeg van Jurgen Streppel zich mengen in de strijd om een Europees ticket. "Als ze dit nog weggeven, dan is het seizoen zonder enige twijfel volledig mislukt. De doelstelling is het hele jaar het halen van ..

5. Strange, some sources say he's suspended for this match.

6. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Yes, 5th yellow. Feyenoord now have a small chance...

7. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Feynie taking advatage of no Kik - 2-0 at HT. If Zwolle can somehow come back (down 1-0 to AZ) they could knock 'veen out of playoffs. But as it stands now (just after HT for most games)
    Vitesse is down 1-0 but safe for playoff.
    'veen down 2-0 - dependent on ADO and Zwolle games if they don't win.
    ADO up 3-0. Should make playoff unless something crazy happens.

As things stand all 3 in playoffs.

8. From another thread:
    The problem for Kik is that he's not alone. In his age group there are group of high potential CD's, but he's the only one with an escape.
    He'll be dealing with the current Orange CD crew 26 years old Stefan de Vrij and Virgil van Dijk and 18 years "old" M de Ligt. All in the 50-100 €€ million slot.
    The successors are coming from:
    18 years old Per Schuurs (captain at 17) and playing for Ajax nxt season.
    18 years old Armando Obispo at PSV.
    21 years old philip Sandler next season ManCity
    16 years old Sepp van den Berg PEC Zwolle

So alot of competition, and those are just the now known and given the age of the current Orange crew still 6 years at least in the wait and for 1 spot, given that de Ligt is his age.
    If I was the US manager I would know how to play my cards..

9. ChuckMe92

ChuckMe92 Member+

Jun 23, 2016
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you fill us in on what young left backs the Oranje have? I see that Kik has played a fair amount of LB with Dutch youth national teams, and it's plausible that could be his future with the Oranje in case he's not one of the top CDs. You're right that Kik has an escape with the US but he also may have an escape to another position within the Oranje.

10. VBCity72

VBCity72 Member+

Aug 17, 2014
    Sunny San Diego
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you're telling me there's a chance.

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  11. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I have no inside insight into whatever discussions might have taken place, but I do know that in my experience very few young footballers underrate their own abilities or lack in competitive spirit and belief in their ability to perservere... fwiw...

12. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    In fact, he is telling you that... But my guess is it is very slim. Much as I appreciate F'noordfan's desire to have Kik jump the Orange ship, Kik is a 17 year old with 30-some ered starts this season and rave reviews for the most part from all quarters. While I love to believe he's souring on the Dutch national team, his 90 mins v. Scotland as an Orange U19 in March (and last fall's U19 start) don't give me a lot of hope. He is for sure not any kind of "lock" for N'lands even in the U19, and I hope I'm wrong; I just haven't seen any indication he's likely to switch.

13. Well, summer is coming and Clockwork Oranje is missing in action, so I can spend some time looking into it.:(

freisland repped this.
  14. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Do your thing! We'll give him all the apple pie can eat.

15. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    'veen win the first leg, barely, scoring at the 86 off this nice cross by... you guess it Kik. #5 for those playing along at home. There was a 'veen OG to tie it. Did not see who they gave it to.

994328777105829889 is not a valid tweet id

edcrocker repped this.
  16. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    17 year old Kik on the 2nd leg tomorrow. Usual stuff: can't let being away be an excuse, etc. etc.

Utrecht will have to attack, obviously, as they are down a goal 4-3.

995002932872396800 is not a valid tweet id

edcrocker repped this.
  17. The chance became slimmer as the whole epl top are after 15 year old Feyenoord's top defending talent.

Manchester City, Manchester United and Arsenal make offers to ...
    https://www.theguardian.com/.../manchester-city-united-arsenal-co...
    Vertaal deze pagina
    8 uur geleden - Melayro Bogarde tackles Germany's David Hummel while playing for ... The Manchester City manager has invited Bogarde to visit the club's ...

.Defending talents that left for epl clubs never came to fruitition, so this kid is going to waste. One competitor less for Kik for the Orange shirt.:mad:

18. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Kik goes from playoffs to exams... the life of a 17 year old soccer star.

(for those non Dutch speakers "play-offs" is playoffs and "examens" is exams. You're welcome.)

TheFalseNine repped this.
  19. Are there (m)any kids in the USA that are in high school doing very well, play full pro in a good team, play for the youth national team and are being eyed by super clubs? Not necesarily soccer.
    If he was in the USA he would have alot of cheer leaders swarming all over him I guess. Or is my picture of American high school life warped by some movies/tv series.

20. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Most American athletes don't go pro until after high school, or even after a few years of college. And those that go pro usually leave high school, for the most part. While the "academy/school" model exists (US soccer set up a high school/soccer residency around the time Landon Donavan was coming up), usually it's more like kids go a high school known for good sports - often private, often a parochial (nominally catholic) school, then graduate to a "good sports" college then go pro after a year or three of college. But yeah, good athletes who will go pro/to top sports colleges are often/usually "big man on campus" types.

21. Gacm32

Gacm32 Member+

Chelsea
    Switzerland
    Nov 28, 2010
    Geneva
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Erik Palmer-Brown had a similar experience to Kik.

22. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    This post isn't true for soccer. US soccer athletes, even most soccer players Internationally pursue their HS education in conjunction with their soccer careers. There are numerous ways to do this. Soccer has a lot of down time, and is mostly during the summer. Tyler Adams got a HS degree from his hometown HS despite barely attending class face to face. Bradenton residency no longer exists. Most players pursue their studies locally or virtually via the Internet. Most top soccer athletes who do go pro aren't really on any campus in the traditional sense.

Gacm32 repped this.
  23. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In most sports you can't go straight from high school to the pro level, so there isn't really a comparison outside of soccer, and the ones where you can are sports where it isn't really possible to compete at that age (baseball).

Gacm32 repped this.