YNT Summit Camp, U-16s through U-20s, Lakewood Ranch, Fla., Jan. 2-11, 2018

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by TheFalseNine, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    The US has had a history of players at Karlsruher, though. Conor Casey, for instance, had a really good spell there if my memory serves me correctly. Luis Robles and others.

2. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
  3. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His parents are both American. He has two German grandparents. His dad went to the greatest university in world (Georgetown) and is in the University's athletic hall of fame.

Let me just put it this way... I'd be stunned if he played for German youth NTs in any sort of official competition

4. Patrick167

Patrick167 Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    May 4, 2017
    Thanks for the info. Can you get a German passport through your grandparent? Now it sounds like if we lost him to Germany it would be a loss as significant as Gonzales (in the sense he should be a USMNT fan). Also more impressive Germany would bother with him (unless I'm missing some great early connection).

5. BraveUpNorth

BraveUpNorth Member

Jan 21, 2016
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    They played three 35 minute sessions. The U17s had a different line up in each.
    Goals from Alfonso Chavez (2), Gilbert Fuentes, and Gianluca Busio in the first session, Benjamin Redzic, and Andres Jasson in the second. Thrird was scoreless.

Gorky, ckajMonet, TxEx and 5 others repped this.
  6. CreightonMCFCjoey

Jan 30, 2007
    Omaha, NE
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. We won't lose him to Germany

2. He might have just supplanted Xuxuh as starting RB for the '01s after his camp

C. Creighton is the greatest university in the world

CaptainD and Patrick167 repped this.
  7. Starman*

Starman* Member

United States
    Mar 28, 2017

Namdynamo, USAMEX10, TxEx and 6 others repped this.
  8. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
    Here's a write up on some of the stand outs - http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/reyn...-at-us-youth-summit/r6jxtg66hgwg1tsr6hf3azfb8

Hoping there's more coverage in the pipeline

Peretz48 and TheFalseNine repped this.
  9. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Here's the info in the article, the rest reads to me as fluff.

"He’s really been great, and has surpassed my expectations," Ramos said of Perez. "He’s got an ability to cover ground and get up and down the line. He has endless energy. He’s constantly trying to get better every day. He’s got all the ingredients to become a good pro."

""He’s very strong. When you bring the younger kids you want to bring them along slowly but he’s come right in and proven himself in that center midfield position," Ramos said of Durkin. "We have good competition there, but I think he’s doing great."

It would've been nice to include some info on what happened in the games, and some more quotes, although there are a few, to be fair, better a few quotes than none. We already know who Ives is a fan of and not a fan of, I wanted some info on what happened at the camp.

Pl@ymaker and TheFalseNine repped this.
  10. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
    I know we're talking about youth prospects where development can happen very fast but I thought Ives saying Booth showed considerable progress since the U-17 WC was odd. Besides the fact that Booth has been an elite prospect for awhile now, the U-17 WC was only a couple months ago

11. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Namdynamo and USSoccerNova repped this.
  12. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Lets hope not.

13. bigt8917

bigt8917 Member+

May 10, 2015
    Winning a battle for a player Germany actually wants would be pretty cool. (Not counting Tillman as it seemed like most fans saw his prospects stalling a bit)

14. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
    Namdynamo, Winoman and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  15. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Is DC still the only MLS academy that isn’t free?

16. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently, Juan Pablo Torres wasn't released by his club for this summit.

TheFalseNine repped this.
  17. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
    Earthquakes did a match report - https://www.sjearthquakes.com/post/...t-fuentes-diego-luna-shine-us-u-17s-top-u-16s

"On Monday, Jan. 8, the U16 and U17 teams faced off in game that featured three 35-minute sessions, with the U16 team changing personnel in each of the three halves. The end result through 105 minutes of play saw the U17 team dominate the younger age group 6-0."

The U17s notched four goals in the first half, getting two goals from striker Alfonso Chavez to go with goals from Gilbert Fuentes and Gianluca Busio as they dominated in possession. Fuentes scored the highlight goal of the afternoon, ripping a shot from 25-yards out off the inside post and in to the net in the 21st minute of the game.

Most of the U17s stronger attacks came from the right side of the pitch as right back Joseph Scally remained active and aggressive making runs down the sideline, getting in deep on several occasions, overlapping with midfielder Giovanni Reyna. That relentless work led to the fourth goal as Scally worked toward the outside of the box to deliver a perfect feed through the penalty area to Busio for an easily converted one-timer.

In the second half of action, the U17s scored twice while controlling the game through the midfield with Peter Stroud playing underneath Benjamin Redzic, who continuously worked the ball from side to side, switching the attack and working the flanks. Josh Pynadath displayed the most flair working the right sideline with step-overs and speed dribbles to create opportunities. Andres Jasson figured in both of the goals, setting up Redzic with a cross in the sixth minute and finding a loose ball in the penalty area, finishing things off with a blast from his left foot. Defender Kobe Hernandez showed poise as a central defender, working with Owen Guske to stifle anything the U16s tried to mount, continually winning balls and distributing the ball out of the back.

The third half took on more of an even feel from both sides with scoring chances scares from either team. Diego Luna was active in the midfield for the U16s, showing an ability to slip around defenders to mount an attack. Forwards Dante Sealy and Dantouma Toure were able to use their speed to penetrate the defensive third, but showed some inexperience with heavy touches once inside the box."

U17 MNT lineups:

First Period

Damian Las; George Bello, Axel Alejandre, Mason Judge, Joseph Scally; Luis Flores, Adam Saldana, Gilbert Fuentes; Gianluca Busio, Alfonso Campo Chavez; Giovanni Reyna

Second Period

Marzuq Puckerin; John Tolkin, Kobe Hernandez, Owen Guske, Michael Barragan; Peter Stroud, Benjamin Redzic, Louis Rogers; Andres Jasson, Diego Lopez, Joshua Pynadath

Third Period

John Harms; Zach Farnsworth, Kenny Nielsen, Tayvon Gray, Amir Daley; Anthony Rouse, Emmanuel Ameres, Bryang Kayo; Cade Hagan, Aboubacar Camara, Wasswa Robbins

Gorky, Namdynamo, ielag and 2 others repped this.
  18. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's because Ives is very far from being a soccer analyst.

19. Danny Woodhead

Jul 12, 2015
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Cape Cod Crusaders
    I would recommend those following Ian Hoffmann on Instagram to watch the video he posted in his story today. A ridiculous assist that's presumably from one of the games in the summit.

If I weren't watching the women u-20's squeak by mighty Nicaragua, I'd definitely research how to save and post the video myself. Totally would.

20. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    I don’t understand Instagram or what a story is. His Instagram (first link) only has 15 posts, which includes 1 video (YouTube link). Anyone want help us out?

https://www.instagram.com/ianhoffmann10/

21. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
    You have to be following someone on instagram to watch their stories. Anyways it's a pretty impressive assist. It's a well weighted thru ball that threads past multiple defensive lines and puts the striker 1v1 against the keeper.

TheFalseNine, bsky22 and Patrick167 repped this.
  22. bsky22

bsky22 Member+

Dec 8, 2003
    Thanks! I’m too old for this. Sounds like a nice play. Maybe it will show up on YouTube someday and i’ll Get to see it.