YNT-Eligible Players: 2019 US Open Cup

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Luksarus, May 8, 2019.

1. frankburgers

frankburgers Member+

May 31, 2016
    Griffin Yow. Kid has something.

Dirt McGirt, UnitedBorn and Winoman repped this.
  2. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Leyva is starting. Atencio, Vargas and Diaz are all on the bench. AOC is at the US U-23 camp. It would've made more sense to have that camp next week.

McKenzie started for Philadelphia in a loss. Fontana scored and Real was a late sub.

3. Dough Boy

Dough Boy Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Pl@ymaker and xbhaskarx repped this.
  4. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I dont know why espn doesnt have replays for half of the matches

5. Luksarus

Luksarus Member

United States
    Jul 27, 2018
    Emil Cuello scored for LA Galaxy. I do not know if he is a citizen yet, since he was born in Argentina.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  6. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is a U.S. citizen. Is listed as such by Transfermarkt and he's been here since he was 5. Came over legally.

Don't think it will matter in the end. Seems like just a guy. But it's an f.y.i.

7. kingshark

kingshark Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Carleton get the start for Atlanta United vs Charleston Battery as #10 and I've just watched 1st half. he did not involved too much before 20', and after that he involved more and did some dangerous moves. There were two moves that can be collected into his individual highlights:

- a nice move to drop defender and fire a long shot that saved by keeper.

- a nice through ball to split defense on the right wing, which eventually lead to a dangerous cross.

Pl@ymaker and TheFalseNine repped this.
  8. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also when he brought down the chipped ball from Shea and beat his defender to the endline and sent a ball across goal but no one was there for the tap-in.

9. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Subbed in the 74’.

Overall I thought he did well.

10. don Lamb

don Lamb Member+

mine
    United States
    Aug 31, 2017
    Decent game from Carleton, but he's clearly not sharp. That is probably due his lack of minutes, but I would be lying if I said that I'm not a little worried about his career trajectory right now.

11. kingshark

kingshark Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    I didn't watch second half but I saw this:

Carleton seems played ok but not special. If we use microscope, we can still find some bright moments, but professional coaches and scouts will consider a player's all around ability.

As Atlanta United won and moved into the next round, it's a good news for Calderon while I think he should shine in this type of games first.

12. ShaftBrewer

ShaftBrewer Member+

Jul 18, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That repetitive possession comment wasn't meant as a slight to him, just the nature of the game forcing him to play so many back and side passes. Thought Carleton was the best attacker in the first half and in the second half he had really good chances to create things but was just a hair off. I think after this performance, De Boer should give his 18-year-old Homegrown so more playing time.

Dr.Phil repped this.
  13. kingshark

kingshark Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    best attacker? Don't think so. For example, there was obvious gap between him and Pity Martinez. Yes, Pity played bad compared to his market value, but the quality is still far ahead of Carleton.

I know that comment is a neutral description, but can you imagine an attacking midfielder only made repetitive simple touches and passes, no end products, then just 3 moves that create some threatens can be reward as the best?

So I think he was decent, but not special. It's just about first half though.

14. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    ???? Only watch up until Andrew was subbed, but pity was horrid and you can tell his confidence is low. There was no obvious gap. Now if wanna compare what they have done in their professional careers than you get an obvious gap.

don Lamb repped this.
  15. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    He didn’t play well enough.

Was he better than most on the field? He was, but we know he’s good and has not been given the playing time his ability and performances dictate he should be getting. If you are coming into these games wondering if Carleton is going to belong on the field with the players who are playing regularly each week, you aren’t well informed about Carleton’s career so far. That was figured out two years ago.

He needed to dominate to make a statement to the manager. He’s been too passive in his decision making this season, IMO. He needs to make lower-percentage decisions. If he tries enough per game, he’ll hit on one or two of them. Most players aren’t good enough to do that. If he tries to make too many high percentage plays, he’ll blend into the game.

WheezingUSASupport repped this.
  16. Sup Bro

Sup Bro Member+

Oct 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was fine...a few loose touches and turnovers, but also created chances. Still, it’s hard to imagine that performance vaulting him into being a first team regular.

Fair or not, he’s been unable to capture his moment in Atlanta. I’d really like to see him with a fresh start.

ChuckMe92 and bballshawn repped this.
  17. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    FCD with 4 games in the next 12 days. Much speculation that the youngsters will again get a runout in the game tomorrow night against New Mexico United. [5 games in 12 days if you consider the NTSC game. And we have to because there are no academy players available for NTSC. They're all at the DA playoffs.] Grueso is gone at the Copa America. Cannon and Acosta gone at the Gold Cup. Mosquera still out injured.

18. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Vazquez starts for Atlanta with Carleton on the bench.

Kieta on the bench with hardly any chance of coming off the bench. Maybe if Columbus have the lead and bunker

Dotson starts for Minnesota on the wing.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  19. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Vazquez scores off of a poor touch by the Columbus CB.

Goalie could have came out a bit faster but still a good goal for Vazquez towards being considered as the backup forward.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  20. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Carleton played about 15 minutes. He barely touched the ball. Atlanta put all their players behind the ball defending a one goal lead late on, so it wasn't a situation where an attacker was going to have much of an offensive impact.

He had a few inconsequential touches, as well as a created turnover, and then 30 yard run, and drawn foul to burn some time off the clock. That was the only thing he did of any consequence.

21. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas

22. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Tactical Hipster and Peretz48 repped this.
  23. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beautiful all-around performance by Parks, to help his team advance, against one of the better MLS teams, on the road. Gotta think he's gaining confidence to play a significant role going fw in league. Such a heady player. Anticipates where the loose ball is going to carom, picks out his pass ahead of time but can adjust reflexively if need be, can gallop some distances on the ball and burst in spite of not being particularly fleet of foot, and is playing the killer ball. Involved in both goals, checking back for the steal to start the break, and on the other driving at the defense before the chip assist.

On the other side, Durkin led his team to getting over-run in cm again. A step or two slow defensively, typical fouling to compensate, and his passing hasn't been quick nor overly inventive. Sadly not progressing, and I don't think it has anything to do with MLS, rather his limitations that have always been there.

24. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Luksarus and don Lamb repped this.
  25. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    1141512990329585664 is not a valid tweet id