YNT-eligible MLS players: 2019 In-season Thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Balerion, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I think its the latter, but you never know.

Eric Alexander was available for FCD as he was just outright waived by the worst team in the league..........................

There was this comment about the move that lead us to run wild with speculation :)
    https://www.bigdsoccer.com/2019/8/9/20798861/fc-dallas-signs-eric-alexander

This is an interesting move by Dallas as midfield isn’t a weakness on this current roster at the moment. There is speculation now whether Dallas is about to lose a midfielder, or there’s a deficit somewhere and Dallas thinks adding Alexander to the squad will help anchor the team as they finish off the 2019 campaign.

Runhard repped this.
  2. bballshawn

bballshawn Member+

Feb 5, 2014
    Delaware
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Dotson, Cannon all with one goal. Servania with the brace and one pomykal assist.

3. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
  4. kba4life1

kba4life1 Member+

Jul 14, 2010
    Irvine, CA
    Pomykal with 1 primary and 2 secondary assists tonight. Could’ve had another second assist as well if not for slight contact with the ball from a Minny defender. Not too shabby

5. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    And Servania becomes Dallas principal goalscorer. The kid makes very dangerous runs from a deep midfield. He scored a similar goal against Ukraine, and before that in quals as well. Besides he might have the best long distance shot amongst all our midfielders.

6. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    This goal was also a result of Pomykal aggressively driving into the box and then dishing. Secondary assist here...………….....

Cannon's goal really should have had no business going in. A goal's a goal, though. Dotson's goal was the best of the bunch...………...

7. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Come on youth yanks...…………..can't we all be friends?!

By the way, Ferreira did well in the game also. Didn't light up the scoresheet, but made some crucial plays. This tackle was almost gave-saving as the loons were on the doorstep.
    1160368902339289088 is not a valid tweet id

8. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    That FCD-Minnesota game was a top 3 game for me this season.

Top 3 considering the # of US youth players and how they performed, # of goals, # of chances, drama

Dirt McGirt repped this.
  9. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even if it would be a purely domestic side in qualifying, Toye would be up against stiff competition for a cf spot. Ebobisse, Ferreira, and Vasquez are also competitors for it. If everyone is available, Toye is going to have to be that much better than the alternatives to ignore such an incident and potentially damage chemistry. I more or less trust Cannon's account. Everybody exaggerates a story just a little bit, but he's a very trustworthy guy so I presume that's close to how it went down.

WheezingUSASupport repped this.
  10. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    If the Olympic qualifiers started today I'd have to take all of the above (assuming no Euros).

With the lack of domestic wingers, we'd find room for all of them. Ferreira, in particular is really versatile. He played as an attacking midfielder last night for FCD.

11. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Here's that lovely goal by Dotson last night for the Loons...………..!!
    1160368202704150529 is not a valid tweet id

12. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Hoping Aaronson can light it up to make up from let downs by Weah and Pulisic today.

13. bshredder

bshredder BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 23, 1999
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was the best game I’ve seen this season - for all the reasons you listed

14. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Also I don’t think anyone mentioned Benji Michel’s goal for Orlando yesterday.

Nothing spectacular but definitely utilized his speed.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  15. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Sands playing in the middle with Ofori? No Parks since he played a few days ago.

16. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    For what it's worth, the NYC-Houston highlight video left out a nice little drag-back/through ball to an overlapping player by Parks. I was encouraged to see him getting through himself and getting to the cross that Deric made a good play on.

autobus39 repped this.
  17. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MIles Robinson get the start for Atlanta. They are hosting NYCFC which in a game just underway on ESPN. Martinez got behind Sands for an early chance.

18. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    Robinson just absolutely shutdown castellanos 1v1

autobus39 repped this.
  19. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Ebobisse scored again yesterday. He's up to 8 goals in the league. He could definitely hit 10 this season.

Mihailovic was a second half sub and had an assist to Schweinsteiger on a corner kick.

Pl@ymaker, ielag and autobus39 repped this.
  20. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some miscellaneous videos from last night that I did not see posted.

Ebobisse goal from last night:

Mihalovic assist from a corner:

21. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    Robinson header!

22. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    Var gonna take this one back from our boy

23. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    pretty clear that the only answer for nycfc is to sub in Keaton

24. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Kind of a cryptic message from Reggie Cannon. Not sure what change he's talking about....................

WheezingUSASupport repped this.
  25. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My interpretation is he's referring to going from being cost-effective competitive club to academy giant to finally parlaying that into real contention in MLS. It was prompted by the big win while going through adversity Saturday night.

As far as Reggie is concerned, the part he'll play is consistent impact player, in his mind at least. And that goes for Servania, Pomykal, Ferreira and the rest of the kids who came up through the system and now starting to bear fruit for the club.