YNT-eligible MLS players: 2019 In-season Thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Balerion, Mar 2, 2019.

1. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Carleton gets the starts at the 10 spot. He needs a top notch game to start being considered as a strong attacking option off the bench going forward.

2. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    The game was canceled.

3. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Was it cancelled or postponed? I’m wondering if it’s weather or something else

4. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--

Winoman and WheezingUSASupport repped this.
  5. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    The Atlanta game will take place tomorrow at 7PM. They are allowed to change the lineup because the game didn't start, so it is possible that Carleton may not start.

6. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010

TarHeels17 repped this.
  7. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good for Haak, but can a loaning team loan out a player?

8. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    If Parks is to be loaned, he should be loaned to an MLS team.

9. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    Every time I’ve watched Haak, the kid just has a relentless motor

1138966234131832834 is not a valid tweet id

10. thedukeofsoccer

thedukeofsoccer Member+

Jul 11, 2004
    Wussconsin
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even if they could, it's kind of silly to propose when he already excelled in a better 2nd division in Portugal, they're entertaining loaning out Haak in cm too, and just lost Sands.

Just put him in 18's, play him regular minutes off the bench, and sometimes as a starter, at least. Situationally he can give you more offensive punch from your 8 or shape and a little defensive mettle for your 10. No shortage of situations where that would be useful.

The first instinct of these Frenchies NYCFC keep hiring to manage is if an American player shows ability then maybe that means they'll have use for another lower level team, or one that's definitely not theirs.

Flush that franchise and their ballpark into Hudson Bay. Learn to swim. Viva La Red Bulls.

TarHeels17 and kba4life1 repped this.
  11. Thundering165

Thundering165 Member+

North Carolina FC
    United States
    May 1, 2017
    Raleigh
    If Torrent can't find him minutes just send him back. He's way above the USLC level and quite frankly the problem seems to be Torrent's lack of imagination/huevos rather than Parks' quality.

TxEx and kba4life1 repped this.
  12. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Yup. Parks can and should get a much better loan if Torrent can't be bothered to make room for him. He'd have the summer to find a better deal with both his agent and Benfica searching for a place for him.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  13. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Carleton still starts. Looks like nearly the exact same lineup from two days ago.

14. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    An interesting column regarding the state of contracts with regards to four FCD homegrowns in particular (Pax, Cannon, Ferreira, and Reynolds). If FCD wants to retain the first three, they probably need to start talks on contract extensions with big salary increases NOW. The other problem, of course, is if they're extended.................they take up senior roster slots.

WheezingUSASupport and TheFalseNine repped this.
  15. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    It would surprise nobody if FCD was attempting to "promote" Pepi to an MLS contract. Apparently both FCD and Pepi's agent had "no comment" on the matter......................

WheezingUSASupport and TheFalseNine repped this.
  16. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This sounds like a “yes”:

onefineesq repped this.
  17. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    THis is what we should want. He's gotten a chance at the USL, and proven himself at that level. So he deserves advancement to the first team. Its really important that the other kids in the academy see this pathway too. That if you prove yourself, advancement can be quick. To show that the USL contract can just be a quick stepping stone.

First team playing time will probably be sporadic for the rest of this season, and then we'll see how FCD reconfigures in the off-season. [They have Ferreira, Badji, Cobra, and Colman right now at forward. Colman is being paid by far the most. I personally would get rid of all but Ferreira, and start over.]

18. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I think the line of thinking is all off. Pepi has earned a first team contract. I think everyone knows that.

From what I heard, he doesn't want one, and will be signing in Europe once his two year USL contract is up. That could change, and maybe thats what the meeting with the owner is about. Another recent client of Pepi's agent who was supposedly bound for Europe ended up signing in MLS.

STANDFAST repped this.
  19. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who? Sealy?

20. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Slonina.

TarHeels17 repped this.
  21. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Rumors are rumors. We'll see.

I mean, he's already under contract. A contract of a higher salary with a release clause doesn't really harm anybody. Maybe the idea is to send him to Bayern Munich once he reaches his 18th birthday (a la Chris Richards). Some arrangement can probably be reached that benefits FCD but also allows Ricardo to move to Europe should the opportunity present itself.

There's going to be a lot of movement soon in FCD-land. Speculation abounds that one of the players leaving will be Carlos Gruezo, whose contract is expiring. Player to Europe? Pax? Then we'll just have to see how the players that are brought in effect playing time for youngsters.

ussoccer97531 and TheFalseNine repped this.
  22. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    This is great if true. That means we get to see more Thomas Roberts, and possibly Cerillo and Servania together.

Although it’s hard to imagine it pans out this way because who do they rely on if 2-3 of these guys get hurt?

I see 1-2 of the guys they bring in being central midfield players, but hopefully they aren’t spending a lot of $ on some high quality that would limit the playing time of those 3 players.

23. Runhard

Runhard Member+

Barcelona
    United States
    Jul 5, 2018
    I was told by someone who knows these guys that Thomas Roberts was going to on his way overseas soon. Will see how it plays out. Also heard Pepi had no desire to sign a first team contract with FCD but maybe that changed.

24. WheezingUSASupport

Dortmund
    United States
    Aug 28, 2017
    Yea it could easily be Pepi. I doubt it’s Roberts considering he’s been getting playing time lately.

I actually think Pepi is more likely than Pomykal to be the player leaving considering Pomykal hasn’t had that many professional games due to injury and U20 WC. In the U20 WC he was good but not amazing.

Regardless, how often do we see a player whose on the rise leave half a season into the first season he starts getting playing time?

25. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Pepi is only 17, so he can't move to Europe for another year. (Unless he has a Euro passport we don't know about).

Roberts could easily be going overseas. I thought he was perfect for the Bayern Munich loan partnership to begin with. You're correct that he's actually been needed with the first team of late, though.

don Lamb repped this.