YNT-eligible lower-division pro players: 2018 In-season thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Mar 13, 2018.

1. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I think they lead MLS in young players having "good weeks of training" and "narrowly missing making the 18."

KUSA77, ielag, USSoccerNova and 3 others repped this.
  2. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    #577 Clint Eastwood, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    Both Servania and Ferreira started for Tulsa last night in their 2-1 win over the Switchbacks. Servania played the entire match and Ferreira was subbed out in extra time. That might be the longest Ferreira has played in a pro game.

Mason Toye in the XI for the switchbacks, and he was subbed out in the 72nd minute.

3. USSoccerNova

USSoccerNova Member+

Sep 28, 2005
    I watched the first 10 minutes or so. Ferreira looked great, and had a goal called back (for a teammate being offside, which was close) and what should have been a nice assist when he put a teammate in alone on the goalkeeper. By far the most impactful I've seen him with Tulsa.

4. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Inbox:

TAMPA, Fla. – USL Division III officially provided sanctioning paperwork to the U.S. Soccer Federation on Tuesday, with at least 10 founding members set to compete in the inaugural 2019 season.

South Georgia Tormenta FC, FC Tucson, Greenville Triumph SC, Madison Pro Soccer, Toronto FC II and Chattanooga Pro Soccer have already been revealed as founding members of the new professional league, and official announcements of the remaining teams will be made in the weeks ahead.​

5. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sands on loan to Louisville City. Of course, their manager is now John Hackworth who knows Sands very well. The only tricky thing is that Louisville is quite good at the USL level. I don't know their squad, so I can't ascertain how easy it will be for him to win minutes.

6. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably won't be too easy when he's only there for two weeks. I highly doubt they plan on playing him when he comes back, so why don't they just leave him with Louisville for the rest of the year?

7. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    NYCFC has the same problem that Atlanta and Dallas have. Its just not considered as big of a problem because their players aren't as highly rated. Lewis has been treated terribly all season, and they've forgot about Sands development (until 5+ months into the season). Scally also made a bad decision to sign with NYCFC. Scally is the caliber of player who should start getting MLS minutes next season. What are the chances that happens? Very unlikely.

8. Peter Bonetti

Peter Bonetti Member+

Jan 1, 2005
    1970 WC Quarterfinal
    Several, if not most, of the MLS reserve teams should eventually join the DIII league - they just don’t know it yet. At some point, when the DIII league has many more clubs and is much cheaper to play in, it will be more obvious.

9. UnitedBorn

UnitedBorn Member+

Dec 7, 2015
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
    Ocampo-Chavez and Gonzales start, Atencio, Fowler, and Rogers on the bench -

11. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SPR started the triple-YNT-eligible midfield of Kuzain, Busio, and Hernandez. Lindsey started at RB as well.

12. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's only the half of it! Castro, Hinds, Brisco, Kingston, and Hopeau are also YNT-eligible starters.

So that's 7 YNT-eligible starters with 3/5 bench players YNT-eligible as well.

Sandon Mibut repped this.
  13. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Is Fowler not going to show up at Washington? If so, I assume he'd be signing a pro contract soon.

14. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Peter Kingston is an '01 who has been with Seattle's U17 team. Is he someone we should be looking out for?

S2 gave a decent number of minutes to Teves and Martin, but they are off to the NCAA now I think.

15. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Just my opinion, but no.

16. ckajMonet

ckajMonet Member

Spurs
    United States
    Jun 8, 2017
  17. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    US Soccer presumably watched him play at the academy playoffs, and didn't think he was worth getting called into the recent U-17 call up in Costa Rica. Huge omission from that team. He's a starter for the U-17's on merit, IMO.

18. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    That's a good catch.

He's not listed on Washington's roster.

(Neither is former YNT player Elijah Rice, a 98 who should be a Jr. this fall.)

Maybe Fowler is gonna take a gap year with the academy and matriculate next year. Wouldn't be the first time that happened with the Huskies. I believe Blake Bodily (also a 98 who got some YNT looks) did that two years ago and spent an extra season with the Timbers academy.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  19. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
  20. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  21. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Hopefully not too bad.

Tom Collingsworth and Sombrerito repped this.
  22. butters59

butters59 Member+

Feb 22, 2013
    And Gonzales and Malone were not there either. I'd really like to see Seattle U-17 playing NT.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  23. alslammerz

alslammerz Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Staten Island, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Peter Bonetti and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  24. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    You -- yes, YOU! -- can help name the new USL team in Chattanooga.

However, this is unnecessary, because I have already given them the correct answer, which is "Yankees."

Winoman repped this.
  25. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Inbox:

TAMPA, Fla. – Rochester Stadium Operations, LLC, the operating company for Marina Auto Stadium and the Rochester Rhinos, today announced it has received approval from the United Soccer League (USL) to join USL Division III by the 2020 season and has begun to pursue a potential new stadium development in the region. In addition, the company announced it will vacate its current facility by year’s end.

"After careful consideration and discussions with a number of our stadium partners and the United Soccer League, and after assessing the totality of our last three years as a tenant of the City of Rochester, we have determined that it is time for the Rochester Rhinos to move on from this venue," said Rochester Rhinos Co-Owners David and Wendy Dworkin.

In November 2017, the Rhinos announced they would take a hiatus for the 2018 USL season after a campaign to rally local support failed to meet required objectives.​

UxSxAxfooty repped this.