YNT-eligible college players -- 2017 thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Aug 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Bajoro repped this.
  2. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Here by the way are what I believe are the remaining college players foom the last U20 pool -- I may have missed someone:

Bashti Amir
    Bell Jonathan
    Borges Marcello
    Burns David
    Elney Sebastian
    Gutjahr Jeremiah
    Herrera Aaron
    Hinds Nicholas "Nick"
    Jones Malcolm
    Kelly Jeremy
    Lindley Cameron
    Marcinkowski James "JT"
    Martin Henry
    Morris Jake
    Nelson John
    Onalfo Christian
    Pelaez Pablo
    Pineda Mauricio
    Poarch Chad
    Popovic Nebojsa "Nash"
    Salas Martin
    Silva Diego
    Terwege Brandon
    Toye Mason
    Waldrep Evan
    Williamson Eryk
    Wilson Sean
    Winter Abu​

Winoman repped this.
  3. Bajoro

Bajoro Member+

Sep 10, 2000
    The Inland Empire
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's an Irish guy playing for Notre Dame.

You don't find THAT in other sports.

Winoman repped this.
  4. irondeepbicycle

irondeepbicycle Member+

Real Salt Lake
    United States
    Jul 31, 2017
  5. ratmalph

ratmalph Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Ditto for Chad Poarch. I don't see him on High Point's roster.

6. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    That's a useful reminder that a number of high-profile YNT types didn't make it to campus last fall and it's worth watching the rosters.

I should probably also take another look at the last batch of U19s, as I'm sure there are several college-bound high profile 98s out there.

7. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    A guy I'm keeping an eye on is Luka Prpa of Marquette.....................he's a '98, right?
    I guess he didn't get any callups with the U20s last cycle, but maybe he should have.

8. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Here are the last round of U19 callups who aren't known pros or overseas. I may be wrong about a fwe:

Agu Colby
    Barraza Matias
    Barry Habib
    Barton Milo
    Bashti Amir
    Denis John
    Dieterich Tanner
    Dionisio Alexis
    Enriquez Christian
    Escudero Ronaldo
    Figueroa Edwin
    Freese Matthew
    Golan Sam
    Griffin Danny
    Haji Abdulkadir
    Hale Benjamin
    Hunsinger Nelson
    Ille Michael
    Iloski Milan
    Ingram Justin
    Kibunguchy Nabilai
    Lawrence Noah
    Lekressner Simon
    Loera David
    Longo David
    Montes Jacob
    Morris Jake
    Munjoma Edwin
    Nelson John
    O'Hearn Sean
    Panchot Logan
    Pines Donovan
    Pulisic Will
    Rice Elijah
    Robinson Grant
    Rose Alex
    Saramago Brian
    Shutler Colin
    Silva Kevin
    Terwege Brandon
    Toye Mason​

Winoman repped this.
  9. irondeepbicycle

irondeepbicycle Member+

Real Salt Lake
    United States
    Jul 31, 2017
    Evan Waldrep transferred to Grand Canyon University, where he'll be one of 4 (by my count) alumni of RSL-AZ.

That's a bit of an interesting program. It's a private, for-profit Christian school that doesn't have much athletic reputation, but their men's soccer coach is none other than Schellas Hyndman.

GCU and Utah Valley University could become top destinations for the RSL-AZ guys who don't go pro immediately. I could see both programs becoming pretty strong over the next few years.

Winoman and Dave Marino-Nachison repped this.
  10. ratmalph

ratmalph Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Poarch transferred to University of Delaware

Winoman repped this.
  11. Kombucha

Kombucha Member+

Jul 1, 2016
    Club:
    --other--
    Brandon Servania (FCD) had 2 goals and 2 assists in 52 minutes in Wake's 5-1 dismantling of Rutgers.

Justin McMaster (Union) had a goal and a assist in 16 minutes off the bench as well.

Mark McKenzie (Union) played 30 minutes off the bench.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  12. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    A team that I think has the chance to win it all got a big win last night. 4-2 for UNC over a tough Providence squad. Their lineup is a "who's who" of USYNTs and MLS prospects. Two of the goals were by Cam Lindley and John Nelson. Other USYNTers for them were Alex Rose, Mauricio Pineda, Jack Skahan, blah, blah, blah.

They're so stacked that they have former USYNTers Martin Salas and Lucas del Rosario coming off the bench. Also off the bench is former FCD goal machine Giovanni Montesdeoca, Galaxy academy product Drew Murphy, and Texan Andy Lopez. Andy is the younger brother of former USYNTer Mikey Lopez, and so I believe came thru Lonestar in Austin.

Former USYNTers like Alan Winn and Mark Salas (Martin's brother) didn't even get into the game............................

ussoccer97531 and ielag repped this.
  13. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Maryland also started strong last night with a 4-2 win against Santa Clara..............

All goals by USYNTers and former USYNTers: 2 (and 1 assist) by Jake Rozhansky, one (plus an assist) for Eryk Williamson, and the 4th by Eric Matzelevitch. Rozhansky's one I can't believe is still in the NCAAs. Actually both Williamson and Rozhansky.

Also starting for Maryland were Sebastien Elney, Chase Gaspar, Amar Sedjic, and Miles Stray. I didn't see former DCU academy star Jorge Calix or USYNTer Keegan Kelly in the squad. Egads....................................they're loaded as well.

Winoman repped this.
  14. irondeepbicycle

irondeepbicycle Member+

Real Salt Lake
    United States
    Jul 31, 2017
    Tanner Dieterich helped keep a clean sheet for Clemson in a 2-0 win.

Elijah Rice scored for Washington vs New Mexico. Aaron Herrera played all 90 for UNM. UW won 2-1.

15. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Trey Muse kept a shutout for Indiana. Freshman starting keeper, could play a role with the U-20's the upcoming cycle.

Does anyone know of any other freshman who started this week? I think this is something to keep track of because it usually shows someone is a very high level that they can come in and take a starting spot over players who are in some cases 3-4 years older than them.

soccersubjectively repped this.
  16. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two more assists for Servania against Providence:

If he continues at anything near this pace he'll have every opportunity to be one-and-done.

TxEx and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  17. Kombucha

Kombucha Member+

Jul 1, 2016
    Club:
    --other--
    2 assists for Lindley as UNC was the next team to feast on Rutgers in a 6-1 win.

Clemson won 2-1 against Radford. Dieterich has played DM the last 2 games versus CB with USYNT and last year at Clemson. Clemson is strong, but don't have a ton of Americans. Michael Ille (ATL) got 1 USYNT call-up last year, but he looks to be a reserve player this year.

Brandon Twerge did start for UCLA.

ACC has 7 teams in Top 12. Should be a bunch of good games. Wake and UNC look like they will be a handful. Hard to not see them up at the top.

18. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Former U17 M Thomas McCabe, a '98, is back at it for Notre Dame, where he's started both games so far as a sophomore.

19. irondeepbicycle

irondeepbicycle Member+

Real Salt Lake
    United States
    Jul 31, 2017
    Eric Iloski is a freshman who started for UCLA. His older brother Brian scored two goals, and his younger brother Milan came on as a sub.

Milan is probably the best prospect of the 3. He's a young 99 - just turned 18 about a month ago - and has played with the U19s. Eric is an older 98, which explains how his younger brother is in the same year.

All 3 were on the field together for about 30 minutes. I'm not sure if that's a first in NCAA history, but I wouldn't be surprised.

20. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    And then.... not play! :(

TCS35 and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  21. ratmalph

ratmalph Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    McMaster just had an assist and had another in their win over Providence.

22. Balerion

Balerion Member+

Aug 5, 2006
    Roslindale, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How is McMaster a citizen? From what I can find online, he moved to the US in 2014 to join Philly's academy.

Also, he played for Jamaica in CONCACAF U17 qualifiers, though he was not on their roster for the CONCACAF U17 Championship. I think that means he is at least provisionally cap tied to Jamaica.

23. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    T'markt lists his birthplace as King of Prussia, Pa., though I have no idea if that's accurate.

24. Kombucha

Kombucha Member+

Jul 1, 2016
    Club:
    --other--
    McMaster was born in King of Prussia, PA, but I believe grew up in Jamaica. He has represented the US before, but is obviously provisionally tied to Jamaica.

He has one of those US Soccer Profiles.

https://www.ussoccer.com/players/2015/06/04/15/51/justin-mcmaster#tab-1

Balerion repped this.
  25. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    George Gelnovatch's son Jake, a '97 GK, appears to have won the all-freshman (two, himself included, are redshirts) competition to start at Louisville. He's played all of their two games so far.

Winoman and soccersubjectively repped this.