Yi to MLS

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by BWogs, Jul 28, 2004.

1. harttbeat

harttbeat Member

Dec 29, 1998
    New York
    but he did played left back in antwerp.

2. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    In a 3 back alignment or 4?

3. coingoal

coingoal New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    I remember reading an article from Antwerp just a week or two ago that Yi is in their plans for the upcoming season. He has a contract and is at training every day, collecting pay checks. If he is in the plans for Antwerp, on the roster for Antwerp, and playing for Antrwep, then how can he be in the plans for MLS? Most oddly of all is the history of the managment at Antwerp, supposedly they are a bunch of pricks... meaning they will never let Yi go unless there is a whole bunch of money invlolved. I think this whole allocation, discovery chit-chat is a bit ahead of schedule.

By the way, his best position is clearly in the central defense!

4. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But he did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.
    __

I, too, do not have a clue how the allocation, discovery and lottery rules work. I do know they are written in pencil so they can change whenever needed.

5. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    So they have bothered to write them down now?

6. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    did you even read the article? it says...

Both Yi and Royal Antwerp have agreed to an early release from his contract allowing MLS to sign the US youth international on a free transfer. With only a few details left to work out between the two sides, Yi expects to be with a new club within the next couple of weeks.

7. lurking

lurking Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DC makes logical sense, as they need more defenders/bodies, and with Convey going have cap room.

8. flanoverseas

flanoverseas New Member

Mar 2, 2002
    Xandria
    dude, why would he need to read something to make an opinion? Don't you think you're asking a bit much of him?