Yet another Yank has Danish option.

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    From a story in yesterday's Hampton Roads (Va.) Daily Press:

That's how client Tim O'Neill found Dominion. He played last summer for the Syracuse Salty Dogs, a minor league team, and a teammate recommended Olansen, O'Neill said.

"This kid spoke highly of him," said O'Neill, who lives in Philadelphia. "He just said if you need someone to represent you and you're looking to do some things with your career, this guy might help."

O'Neill, 23, said he has gotten offers from the Virginia Beach Mariners and a team in Denmark. He will have to choose soon.​

Here's the link:
    http://www.dailypress.com/business/...4,0,5703803.story?coll=dp-business-localheads

He played at St. John's and in the PDL with South Jersey. Last year he was with the Syracuse Salty Dogs, the name of which reminds me of a good line from the Larry Sanders Show.

Something of an American invasion of Denmark going on, it seems. I'm thinking lower-division Danish ball pays similarly to an MLS developmental spot, so why not? Worse places to spent the spring than Copenhagen.

2. hootie

hootie New Member

Feb 18, 2005
    What is it about Denmark?????

Dave, do you know if Deren was signed?

Here's a link to a picture of Jeff Deren and Yuri Morales

http://www.b1913.dk/forside/nyhed.asp?ID=650

If you look at the score line for this match, it appears that Jeff and Yuri scored the first two goals! :)

3. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Fairly low entry level requirements and easier to advance to the top league if one performs well on the lower level without having to jump through several conferences.

And the blondes.

4. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Syracuse Salty Dogs

Tim O'Neill
    Midfield
    Height 5'7"
    Weight 155 lbs
    Born 2/17/82
    College: St. Johns

I got to see him play several times for Syracuse, and thought he was a good A-League player. It's interesting how the Salty Dogs are scattering around the world. I had seen forward Kupano Low trying to get a gig in Ireland.