Yet Another New League

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by kenntomasch, May 30, 2017.

1. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Something called the American Indoor Soccer League (not the same as the AISL of the early part of the 21st century, from whence the Rockford Rampage and Mass Twisters came) claims on Facebook it hopes to launch in 2018 with 16 league-owned teams.

I would put this ahead of Graham Tutt's batshit crazy idea to have a co-ed league where all the teams were named "Action," but behind the chance that Elvis will go on a concert tour next year.

2. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    Give me $10 on Elvis.

SteveCo repped this.
  3. dallasindoorsoccer

Jan 2, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    This League it's not going to happen I think it's just somebody trying to get attention why would they this a Facebook page and not a actual website !!!

SteveCo repped this.
  4. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.facebook.com/AISL2018/

Two of the three photos they use are the same and they are from the old NPSL. That appears to be the Baltimore Spirit against the Wichita Wings.

They claim a 30-game season in the spring and summer. No league has played 30+ games in over a decade and no spring/summer league has ever played more than 28 to my knowledge.

SteveCo repped this.
  5. dallasindoorsoccer

Jan 2, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Any one remember Regional indoor soccer league back in 2010 which also was going had league a owned teams !!!

6. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    I remember that. My theory on that is someone mocked up a business plan as a school project.

7. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the record, 2007-2008 was the last year of a schedule of at least 30 games.

8. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that what happened with Pro Futsal? :)

9. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Haha. The PFL still dutifully sends out holiday greetings. Their latest timeline calls for a happy Independence Day in July so keep an eye out for that.

10. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember a few years ago some group called the Arena Soccer League announced that it was forming and their logo was the old NPSL logo with ASL written on it.

dallasindoorsoccer repped this.
  11. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://www.arenasoccer.net/index.cfm

I found it. The ASA/ASL was Steve Paxos trying to start a new league in 2010. That's why they modified the NPSL logo. Here is their website if you want to check it out:

12. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    As the IPL and PFL (and NSL) found out, starting a new league from scratch is extremely difficult/practically impossible.

13. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shush! Ed Hale saved the MASL! He TOTALLY could have started the IPL if he had wanted to. But he's too savvy for that.

Kit repped this.