Yes we can!

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by jd6885, Aug 9, 2008.

1. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys, I thought it'd be nice if we could give the team a pep talk before the big game today. Please post your encouragements to the team on the official blog here: http://ynt-ussoccer.blogspot.com You'll need a google account to post, I believe. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes to register if you haven't already gotten a google account. I'd like to think that we can contribute in some way to the effort tomorrow. Whatdaya say?

Here's mine:
    -----------------------------
    I might have been very critical of this team the past few weeks on certain prominent message boards, but believe me, it's only because of my desire to see you all excel. I...we-the die-hard supporters-know what is possible with this team. But lately, the chemistry just hasn't worked out to potential. It may be because of scheduling difficulties, the shortsightedness of the Fed or the coaches, whatever--IT DOESN'T MATTER!

We know--and you know--what this team is capable of: this is a team that backs down to NO ONE. This is a team that plays with its heart on its sleeve. This team knows it has a lot to learn; but, now is not the time for second guessing. Now is the time to give it your all. To hell with 'what ifs' and 'what was...' Today is a new day. Today is THE day. Today, we will learn what this team is made of.

This is the Olympics. Games here are not won by skill alone, but by heart and determination. It doesn't matter what the score is at the end of the day, but as long as you all play with the tenacity you know you can play with, there will be no regrets in the end.

2. zhosereh

zhosereh New Member

Jul 28, 2007
    anyone ever see the SNL news skit "Seriously"?

Dude, Seriously?

3. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no ?

SNL blows.... How old are you anyways, 50? No one watches SNL anymore...

4. I<3jorgecampos

I<3jorgecampos New Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Medellin
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    [​IMG]

6. TimB4Last

TimB4Last Member+

May 5, 2006
    Dystopia
    Very close to striking the perfect tone ... but it needs a little more cowbell.

7. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    on the run from the covid
    Club:
    Seattle
    I know dude. It's almost like Bigsoccer is letting old people post now.

8. trip76

trip76 Member

Jul 17, 2007
    North East USA
    we'll, they need to nip that in the bud. NIP IT!

9. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    [​IMG]

Consider that bud nipped.