"Yes, the Standard Buy-Back Clause is Included" - Real Madrid Loan Watch Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Sep 4, 2016.

1. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You're being unfair to Canales, a huge prospect whose career got ravaged by injuries (THREE ACL tears in four years). We'll never know what he would have achieved without those injuries. It's a damn shame.

Eddie, 4x4s, RoadMan and 6 others repped this.
  2. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Deep Pal, Ahmadi8, S1na and 4 others repped this.
  3. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's touted as part of the top four talents in Guti's side I think, hopefully we'll be seeing a few gems come through from that team.

4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So glad. He's a terrific FK taker.

Castilla allows you to grow properly competing against professional teams week in week out and most talented players have a first division career at least if not for RM. Just saw Pozo who was a highly touted youngster who left for City so early is a straggler at Almeria now. Liverpool also signed "next Messi" from our youth system under Benitez. No idea where he is now. I think players realize it to large extent and we haven't have many exodus to England unlike Barca.

Heard City are buying Girona btw. Probably will try to stack Spanish youngsters there before exporting them to England when they turn 18.

5. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That photo looks like it's from a videogame.

Aimar 21, Deep Pal and 4x4s repped this.
  6. dolohovs

dolohovs Member

May 16, 2016
    Febas is going to Zaragoza according to Marca. I would've preferred he went to a club in the first division... but not looking likely atm. I think he'll do great for them.

temesgen, Deep Pal, S1na and 1 other person repped this.
  7. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm surprised he's not going to a first division team. Surely there must've been interest, considering he was Castilla's best player last season.

dolohovs repped this.
  8. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    does anyone recall what started the whole real madrid youth era that we're in now? was varane the first of the bunch?

i remember a time in 2009 when our best young talent was granero and then canales both of which amounted to pretty much nothing... today asensio has already surpassed both of them and we have maybe more youth talent than we can ask for and looking for more and not just those in the first team, there are many in castilla that look more promising than ever

what drove this system and why is it working now? regardless its a joy to watch possibly one of the best eras in this clubs history

Deep Pal repped this.
  9. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Someone is doing a better job at scouting, I guess.

Also sometimes things just click and you hit a purple patch - we are fortunate enough to go through it and should make the most of it.

temesgen repped this.
  10. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    When you win things, it takes the pressure off a bit. We can afford to bleed young players through more now, but during our mid 2000 dark days, we had to win, almost at any cost. At that point we couldn't really take a chance on young players.

Doni, Shay Z, 9Qui and 1 other person repped this.
  11. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I should just add to that. Even at the time were weren't focusing on young players, we brought through Marcelo, Higuain and Ramos, unquestionably three of the best on the world in their positions. We also brought through De La Red, and it's a shame what happened with him.

It is a myth that Madrid don't develop players and it always has been. The opposite is true, we develop the best on the world.

Shay Z and 9Qui repped this.
  12. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Canales was a baller and could have been a special player if not for his injuries

Club has definitely done a better job scouting as of late

Shay Z and 9Qui repped this.
  13. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    exactly that was calderon and that was his strategy, perez never used to do that but now he is after seeing that it worked with some players

14. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Perez brought in Ramos.

15. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahmadi8 repped this.
  16. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    any updates on jese and where hes going to be next year?

17. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Back to PSG, Las Palmas didn't exercise option to buy.

18. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He didn't exactly set La Liga alight with his performances last season.

19. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    A football career is a set of forks in the road, you make a wrong choice once, and you might never end up on the right path again. The move to PSG was a colossal disaster.

20. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Considering we offered him a new contract and offer to loan and he went nope I want first team football and left to PSG only to get loaned out lol

Zidane05 repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    To be fair, Emery asked for him specifically, and then was quickly disappointed with his character, i mean, how about asking around about a player before you sign him?

22. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Not forwards though. Higuain played for River before he came here. They usually end up leaving because they want more playing time. Raul and Butragueno are the only exceptions to that.

23. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well that's my point, there is more pressure to win, so we bought proven forwards. Didn't always work out but makes sense.

Not sure your point on Higuain, and what playing for River has to do with anything. No we didn't bring him through the academy but just look at the the development of Higuain from when he came compared to when he left.

Man United fans like to boast how Ronaldo was 'made' in Manchester. We equally made Higuain what he is today. Raul and Butragueno are fine examples of us bringing through quality young talent, but add Higuain to your list.

9Qui repped this.
  24. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    My bet would be it's Perez. I remember reading an interview where he said that in order to compete with all the new owners pouring in money into newly bought football clubs, we have to buy players when they are young so that we don't have to pay extraordinary fees in the future. He will of course have to sign an expensive player now and then, even when we don't he makes sure our name is mentioned in every article about the player, Pogba last summer would be a perfect example of that. It's pretty clear to me we were never after him (after we realized the asking price) but every article about him mentioned our club too, free marketing basically.

I don't think it's a coincidence we have all this talent in all of our squads. There's a lot of good work being done behind the scenes.

25. Marksman

Marksman Member

Dec 21, 2006
    I would disagree with that. Yes we didn't have strikers Real Madrid material coming out of the academy but still we developed strikers that played key roles in other top clubs. Players like Soldado, Negredo, were both players that were playing in the NT or were on the verge of playing in it. More recent we have Rodrigo and now Mariano and Morata. I might have missed someone but the fact is there are youth strikers who are playing in good clubs coming out of the academy.

But to be Real Madrid quality striker is something you can only develop once in 20 years since usually you have 1 striker who will be in the first eleven consistently for 5-8 years.