"Yes, the Standard Buy-Back Clause is Included" - Real Madrid Loan Watch Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Estel

Estel Member+

May 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Don't know about that. Maybe with the right attitude from the players (to stick it out with the team) and the backing from the coaching and administrative staff of the club at the proper time, all of Mata, Granero, and Torres could have been successful squad players for us, if not starters, during that period. Basically, lack of talent from the youth teams was not so great an issue at that point, as the lack of a vision to transition it into the first team.

Also, what happened with De La Red was very unfortunate. He had started that 08-09 season so well for us and could have been a lynchpin in the CM position for quite a few years.

2. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Exactly. We have consistently given youth a chance. Always. The myth that Madrid is a bad place for young players is just ignorance.

Durin unsuccessful years, there is more pressure to play established players. It is the same with any club in the world, so to tarnish Madrid with a brush differently from anyone else is again, ignorant.

We have always had youth players in the squad, some stay, some go on to better things. Look at Callejon for example. He is doing great things with Napoli (although stupidly ignored for the national team). We could have quite easily have kept him, but on the other hand we have Lucas now, doing just as well. Even Denis was given a chance recently.

Torres was here before Arbeloa, before Carvajal. Portillo, Soldado. Jese and Mayoral before Morata and Mariano.

De la Red is another interesting case. With him, we never had needed Alonso. It will always be a shame that he never had the chance here, and I hope one day he makes it as coach.

3. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Vallejo started for Frankfurt.

4. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is an interesting thought, I'd like to hear why you think this, I haven't seen enough of the two players to make a comparison myself

5. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Borja Mayoral has 2 professional goals at the age of 20 . I don't think he'll be making it to our starting lineup. Ever. Some of you really do think that every prospect turns out to be a superstar..

Anon., madridista_hr, 9Qui and 4 others repped this.
  6. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oh shit, I thought he was still 18.

7. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Seriously.

8. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Mariano is going to be 24 this year, he isn't some hot youngster, he should be in his prime. He will never be more than a bench player here. Mayoral is already 20 and has played scrap minutes at Wolfsburg, a team that is playing relegation playoffs in the Bundesliga. Both of them are never going to make it here.

Deep Pal, Halycon and J-Mezzy repped this.
  9. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Mayoral has the quality to be a good player imo. At least Negredo level with better technique and dribbling. Wolfsburg was just a wrong move for him. He's a skillful forward and not just a poacher. As impressive as Morta was in Castilla. Morata wasn't scoring many when he got bit part minutes in his earlier spell here either. Mariano I don't think is RM quality.

10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Every player that comes out of our Castilla with any kind of name apparently is a probable world beater.... they just need the time/place/etc.

Make. It. Stop.

Hsain85 repped this.
  11. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I was watching some Ousmane Dembele highlights (cuz that's what you do on a Tuesday) when I came across his goal from the Cup final. Here is just the goal.

That's our very own Vellejo (no.5) acting a real fool. Facepalm.

12. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    To me it looks like Dembele tries to knock it past Vallejo or cross it behind him, Vallejo blocks it but it comes off of him making it look like Dembele just cut back while he went checking on the girl in the third row.

Deep Pal repped this.
  13. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Having seen it a few times I see Dembele definitely cutting it back purposely and Vallejo falling for it like a fat chick at cinnabon.

Deep Pal repped this.
  14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    869700555865821184 is not a valid tweet id

Deep Pal, Doni, ahnaf and 2 others repped this.
  15. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wow excellent defending, his passing is a little slow though but with training that will change, excited to see him back next year

ya gotta credit dembele on this one, but vallejo is still young and mistakes happen, better them happening in the bundesliga than with us, Ramos used to make a lot of these especially against barcelona and look how he turned out

16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    First couple of looks at it, I was with you. But watch Dembele's right, he puts it right under the ball to give it that little lift.

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Had a great season and was kind of rushed back from injury for the final. Frankfurt would love to keep him for another year, i think he's been great, really rare to see a central defender in the midtable teams with good ball control and competent access into the midfield area. Only worry are the injuries.

HZinho, Deep Pal, -Reivax- and 4 others repped this.
  18. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe we leave him there for one more season and bring back Diego Llorente to cover the 4th CB slot this coming season?

19. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Great to hear that. All his reviews from the entire season have been good to great. As you said the injuries are a major concern. Perhaps we can leave him there and sign a stop gap CB for a year.

Nate, how has Diego Llorente done this season?

20. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Managing Madrid's loanees review:

http://www.managingmadrid.com/2017/5/31/15711056/real-madrid-loanees-season-in-review

I think an additional season on loan would be good for Vallejo's development. If we do loan him out for another year, we should do everything in our power to keep Pepe.

Shay Z and natenate101 repped this.
  21. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The problem with Pepe is that he wants two years contract and not 1+1 option. Its clear that club's strategy was/is to keep Vallejo on loan for another season and keep Pepe for a season

22. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know he started off kinda poor with a sending off but it seems their backline got settled and better as the season wore on. He had a solid game vs Barca that I watched, gave me hope for him returning.

Shay Z repped this.
  23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Shay Z repped this.
  24. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm aware of that. If we don't manage to keep Pepe, I think I'd prefer keeping Vallejo at Madrid as our fourth CB (even though another year on loan would be ideal for him).

Signing another CB to replace Pepe would only hinder Vallejo's progression. I like Diego Llorente, but I don't think he's ready. He needs another season on loan. I wouldn't be too confident with Ramos, Varane, Nacho and Llorente as our four CB's for next season. Would be a step down from this season.

25. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Diego Llorente is 4 years older than Jesus Vallejo. If he isn't ready now, he never will be.