"Yes, the Standard Buy-Back Clause is Included" - Real Madrid Loan Watch Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Sep 4, 2016.

1. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So we can stunt his growth? That is the worst possible scenario. At some point people need to realize the whole "training with the best players in the world" isn't enough for development. These guys need GAME MINUTES to develop, not rondo practice.

MerlinRM and surgeon repped this.
  2. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Rondo practice did wonders for Nacho though..

Ahmadi8 and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Exactly.

It's so short-sighted to think the only way a player can develop is by playing 4000 minutes a season.

Ahmadi8 and Crimson repped this.
  4. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Just like it did for Jese, Cheryshev, Canales, Sahin, Lucas Silva, Mariano & every keeper who ever backed up Casillas?

The youngsters who succeed fit into 2 categories IMO:

1) Ones who go out on loan & return ready to compete for a starting position:
    Carvajal, Asensio, Casemiro, Llorente & Vallejo (hopefully).

2) Ones who are already ready to jump ahead of mediocre players ahead of them:
    Casillas, Ramos, Marcelo, Varane, Ozil, Higuain

But rarely do players come & understudy for a world class player and improve without significant game time. Carvajal is the best RB in the world and isn't going anywhere soon, meaning Achraf doesn't have an opportunity to jump into any position in our team. Nacho is the exception, not the rule.

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  5. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    You are not going back far enough and if you think Casillas had an easy ride into the first team you may need to go back and check the history lol

6. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not going back far enough? I used basically the past 7-10 years. Using data from the early 2000s isn't as relevant as the club and the sport as a whole have changed dramatically. So I should probably remove Casillas from that list or I'd be a hypocrite, he was just in my mind.

I also didn't say Casillas had it easy, but I said he was ready to compete with the other GK's at the time. Achraf isn't ready for CL football by a long shot.

7. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    Casillas got called up to the first team in 1997, didn't make his actual debut until 1999, then subsequently lost his spot to Sanchez (was dropped and basically looked like he was done at the time) and only won it back because Sanchez got injured in the final of the UCL in 2002.

That was a roller coaster of a ride for 5 years for Iker.

But I digress, if you want to keep it modern and keep it factual, then tbh early on after the Pavon disaster, we didn't really look to promote any youth, we sold them and sent them away. It has only been very recently we have looked to integrate them. That being said one player that stands out in my mind is De La Red, I think he would of been the exception had his body not failed him.

8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Horrible examples..

- Jese was on his way to stardom until he got injured. He began believing his own hype after a slow return from injury and hasn't been the same again?

- Cheryshev was never going to be a mega star or super player. His height was to be a squad player in Madrid and btw he was immediately promoted, he was brought back from Villarreal (like Carvajal example you used).

- Canales is injury prone. He still hasn't become a great player because of thise injuried, not because he came to Real Madrid.

- Sahin was not a youth player.

- Lucas Silva was a bust and not a youth player. He busted everywhere from France to Portugal.

- Mariano just came from Castilla and was 23! We wanted him to grow elsewhere but he demanded to stay. Another bad example.

9. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Ohh so let me get this straight..... are we talkin bout practice? Practice!!!!

RMSocrates repped this.
  10. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

He's only 18. Some premature in writing him off.

12. SoyDelMustang

SoyDelMustang Member+

Dec 24, 2007
    Flushing,Queens
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Should be loaned out to a La Liga squad next season

13. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We'll be bringing back Marcos Llorente from Alaves as well as signing Theo Hernandez. In exchange, Hakimi Achraf and Aleix Febas will go on loan with them for the following season.

Excellent news!

-Reivax- and natenate101 repped this.
  14. Crimson

Oct 11, 2009
    Oh that's brilliant news, two players that I love from Castilla getting excellent chances in la liga

15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Source??

16. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Man, i hope we can do some good for Malaga like giving them some players on loan. That's a club I like in Liga. Their manager. Their owner. Nice people in my book.

Anon., raven3k and osnap427 repped this.
  17. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Loan them Odegaard and Mayoral.

Serengeti_Boy and natenate101 repped this.
  18. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    Between Mayoral and Mariano, who is more likely to make it?

19. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mayoral has a higher ceiling, I don't think his stint at Wolfsburg justify people thinking he's a flop. He will make an EXCELLENT addition to our forward line in the future.

Mayoral - Mbappé

Scary.

20. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Pellegrino is leaving Alaves for Celta apparently. So not sure whether they will groom young players like they did this season.

21. RomanMadrid

RomanMadrid Member+

Jan 13, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They have to, they don't have the finances to have a competitive squad. Their entire squad is mostly comprised of loanees.

22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Anon., RMSocrates, -Reivax- and 5 others repped this.
  23. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Loving the trust in the youth prospects.

24. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    We can afford to... unlike the 2005-2010 era...

25. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Couldn't be ideal situation. young prospects, already stars like Carvajal,Pepe and older wordclass players like Ramos/Marcelo. what a group.