"Yes, the Standard Buy-Back Clause is Included" - Real Madrid Loan Watch Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Sep 4, 2016.

1. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    This guy is so better in terms of attacking than Casemiro, that its not even funny.

2. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't watched Bundesliga enough to know, but I hope Vallejo lives up to the hype. If Pepe leaves, Vallejo is going to have to be ready to start when one of Ramos or Varane inevitably get injured.

3. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Exactly, This is what I am referring to when I read all those posts about our midfielders having poor games because our front three didn't get any service, if they don't move intelligently, or stand around marking defenders, or are slow and laborious and refuse to even remotely challenge for any ball that comes their way then it's their fault that they are starved of service, no one can tell me Luka or Toni don't know how to find forwards with vertical passes I've seen it too often from them in other settings, but they do need intelligent movement in front of them to make it work, can't do it on their own, 2 or so years ago Ronaldo used to be quick enough and good at this.

zeemov and janos audron repped this.
  4. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well we play with 2 wingers and an average midfeilder upfront... Noone with a true strikers mentality, ronaldo knows how to escape defenders when its a cross and mostly because he can outjump most of them, bale has found a few break away due to his speed

But rarely do u see us score where a player breaks away from the defense and gets time infront of the keeper, usually its a cross and a tap-in or a header or a counter-attack because this needs either a good movement off the ball and not just in terms of speed (something BBC lack and suarez excells at) also needs good ball control (BBC dont usually do well in tight spaces)

Digital repped this.
  5. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have to agree with you here, Something else I have been saying for ages, as a trio they are not great in this area, on another note Benz has the worse timing ever, he is the offside king, spectacular in that aspect

zeemov repped this.
  6. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes that too but thats our identity and it is an advantage in big games where the opposition are attacking leaving space for our counter attacks and crossing

But in the week after week games and against smaller opponents that pack their box with defenders its more difficult for us than Barcelona to deal with that that have players able to work im between defenders which would explain their success innthe league

Bayern are a team i admire coz they combine both styles... But bayern and barca have strikers that alome are a threat to defenders... Benz used to be just good enough to play upfront and nothing more but now hes really aweful and a waste of a position

Digital repped this.
  7. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Both Jose Rodriguez and Llorente having massive games for their teams. The midfield battle has been intense. Totally forgot how promising J Rod was before he left, he's been the best player so far, the dribbles, the through balls, the defending has been excellent and he's playing the furthest down too. On the other side Llorente has kept things ticking, after a dominating first half performance Alaves are mostly sitting back now but Llorente is still balling. Pachecho is keeping them in the game right now. They need to push up their defensive line it's too deep

Hope J Rod can get his career up and running. He is extremely talented

Zidane05 and natenate101 repped this.
  8. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hasn't watched Llorente lately. for real his attacking skills way better than Casemiro's?

Crimson repped this.
  9. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
  10. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Yes and his numbers for an inferior side reflect this

11. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think Llorente attacks enough for me to confidently say he is a better attacker. He very rarely ventures over the half way line. I've seen Casemiro attack more than I've seen Llorente but Llorente used to be a CM so I am pretty sure it's a tactical decision for him to be so far back

12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    He doesn't need to attack. He just needs to move the ball better, and react better to pressure. Just more competent on the ball overall, and from the limited minutes I've seen him from, he does look quite better in that aspect.

13. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Much better passer, that's plain as day.

janos audron repped this.
  14. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I kind of hope his history with Zidane managing him at Castilla helps him get minutes. I don't want him to be another Mariano( minutes wise).

From what I've seen he is defintely a much better passer than Casemiro. Unless he blows everyone away, I think splitting time with Casemiro, as his understudy, will probably be what happens next season.

15. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was watching de la red videos the other day and its a real shame for us and him to miss such a promising career and i really hope llorente can take up that position in the future as he seems to have the qualities to be the complete CDM weve been missing for years

MerlinRM, Shay Z, sleepyvato50 and 3 others repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Definitely. Certainly had his place in a very unbalanced midfield.

zeemov and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  17. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Under such reasoning the only ones who attack are attackers.

Attack as in phase of the game in which your team has the ball. You are attacking per se. Him playing deeper does not prevent him of attacking, just his role is different and ironically the most crucial one as in case of any other midfielder. He has better Football IQ / tactical ability, ball mastery / technique and also he seems faster and more agile than Casemiro.

For me no brainer who should be first option next season.

18. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think like mentioned above he comes in behind Casemiro and works his way in as the season progresses. Will be nice to have 2 capable DMs to rotate.

temesgen, Ahmadi8 and MerlinRM repped this.
  19. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

MerlinRM, temesgen, RomanMadrid and 4 others repped this.
  20. dolohovs

dolohovs Member

May 16, 2016
    Sorry I haven't been as active the past couple of weeks! I've been very busy with uni, and I haven't been watching football as much since I'm being drowned in work :( . I finally got the time to watch Marcos Llorente today and wow! Great match from him he made 20 ball recoveries and 9 great tackles! Amazing, huh? He was chosen as the MOTM for Alaves against La Real today too.

CR7PT, Crimson, natenate101 and 6 others repped this.
  21. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How in the world are we going to do with both Casemiro and this man next year? Its crazy the year Marcos is having.

dolohovs repped this.
  22. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I don't want to hype him too much but God damn this kid is phenomenal.. He could have a special career.

temesgen and dolohovs repped this.
  23. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I also don't recall any DM (especially a young one/playing for a small team) being chosen MoTM that many times. It's not an easy position to stand out in, most players who are playing their role pretty well don't get noticed because they are making their team "play" and running smoothly but don't necessarily get the highest ratings themselves so I'm pleasantly surprised to see the recognition he is getting so far.

I hope he will be lucky enough to not get injured between now and the next season, it'll be great to have him & Casemiro battling it out for a starting spot.

temesgen and dolohovs repped this.
  24. dolohovs

dolohovs Member

May 16, 2016
    He is also very well liked within the Alaves fanbase. I occasionally stalk their forum (alaves.org i think?) and some say he's the best player they've seen in the modern age of their club - and most add him to the clubs best 11!

Aimar 21 repped this.
  25. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Play them both and never concede the midfield ever again

djak_24 and dolohovs repped this.