Yes, it's a quagmire...time to pull out and head to Okinawa

Discussion in 'Bill Archer's Guestbook' started by Karl K, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Karl K

Karl K Member

Oct 25, 1999
    Suburban Chicago
    Yep, it's true.

It's a quagmire. It's a losing enterprise. The people hate it, they think it's terrible, they expected results and, so far, haven't gotten what they expected.

Yes, sirrree, it's time to abandon the whole effort. It's hopeless. Time to just throw up our hands, surrender, declare defeat, give it up, and head somehwere...ANYWHERE...than where we are right now.

But you think it's going to happen? Heck NO!!! Why? Because the whole enterprise is corrupt..and based on LIES LIES LIES!! We're going to continue with this failed strategy, this failed approach.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, you guessed it...it's the Ir....wait....sorry....I was a bit too premature...it is...

THE DEMOCRATIC CONTROLLED CONGRESS OF the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

Run by that poor excuse for a Stepford wife, Nancy Pelosi (yes, you can just FEEL the botox pop when she grins) and, of course, the esteemed assistant vice principal of the Democratic party, Senator Harry "I bring new meaning to the word 'milquetoast'" Reid.

[​IMG]

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1640263,00.html

2. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Karl--

Remember those polls are looking at two different things -- approval of Bush and confidence in Congress. But funny none the less.

And from Andrew Sullivan:

[youtube]d177APFtngI[/youtube]

3. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Anthony

Anthony Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    Aug 20, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So basically, everyone in the country is pissed off at everyone else, and no one approves of the government, the candidates and what anyone is doing.

I for one really hate all Red Bull Metro NY Star fans.

In my estimation, that is what a democracy should be.

5. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    Those people disapprove of the way Bush is handling the economy? Why? Unemployment is low, inflation is low, the PCI has risen since Bush took office, the tax misery index is lower, the gdp is high, there has has been strong economic growth the last 3 years and consumer spending is healthy.

So is this because of gas prices and the housing market? :confused:

6. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    There are lots of parallels to 1967-68. Incumbent party tearing itself apart, unpopular war, and a candidate (Hillary) devoid of charisma and likeability moving inexorably to the presidency.

7. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Both parties attempt to prove that the other is unfit to govern and both generally succeed.
    Mencken was a very wise man.

8. Microwave

Microwave New Member

Sep 22, 1999
    I hate to defend the democrats but Bush vetos or threatens to veto everything they want to do. If we pulled out of Iraq right now the Democratic congress would be hailed as heros and they would do it if they could.