Yes, Another tread on the mods closing threads; i.e., Stop closing the damn threads!!!

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Revolt, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Revolt

Revolt Member+

Jun 16, 1999
    Davis, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1 Revolt, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
    The ever-wise ever-knowing Mod God has again binned another thread unworthy of BS bandwidth. Oh joy Mod God, we must keep order in the message board. Thank you for removing the clutter of someone creating a fifth new thread today in the holiest of holies - The MLS N&A thread {trumpets}.

But not so fast. I am again posting this irritating little thread because this discussion deserves an airing - not just PMs with Herr Mod God or Customer Service. Let everyone read this. I know I am not the only one who feel this way. Hell, I am now sufficiently pissed off on this topic that I will not shut up and go the PM route. So the Mods can do one of two things:

1. Herr Mod Gods back the fvck off and leave any remotely sensible thread alone; or
    2. Ban me.

To be clear, the small number of threads allowed in the N&A forum have so many posts, I can't even begin to make sense of them. The weekly MLS matches thread has over 1,000 posts; the weekly attendance thread, a couple hundred. At least. Who follows 1,000+ posts created in a week's time? I sure don't, and I doubt many others do, either. For the life of me, who the hell cares if four (gasp!) threads get started on schedule changes? You fvcking thread Nazis are surely a bunch of outrageous well dressed metrosexuals all working at The Container Store.

Herr Mod God's decree from prior thread:

Oh my god.
    The reason I closed the thread was because four separate posters reported the thread as being redundant, and because it was unlikely to be useful when the OP's immediate response was to call one of the others a whiner.

The reason I closed the thread with a joke instead of a speech is because the others in the thread pretty much spelled it out already, so I took a shot at levity.

But in the future, don't start complaint threads in the N&A forum to complain about a topic that was already deemed closeable once. If the topic wasn't relevant, a thread complaining about the topic is even less relevant. Take it to customer service, or, if you think I'm out of line, send me a PM and we'll go from there.

This thread is closed. Give me a few minutes and I'll figure out a solution for the other thread(s).

Fiosfan repped this.
  2. PhillyMLS

PhillyMLS Member+

Oct 24, 2000
    SE PA
    KCbus and harrylee773 repped this.
  3. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    I think this is a thread about threads, not the schedule. . . I think.

4. Statman

Statman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    FYP

This seems like a thread @Mr. Warmth would enjoy.

Also, OP really living up to his username.

Statman, pichichi2010 and jayd8888 repped this.
  6. pichichi2010

pichichi2010 Member+

Oct 24, 2010
    In your nets
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like where this shit is going...I approve this message :thumbsup:

7. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I just came to post in here on the off chance that I'll get repped, so that when the thread is inevitably binned, I'll lose that rep, and then I can create a thread to complain about it.

song219, Lancaster FC, sitruc and 6 others repped this.
  8. Ganapper

Ganapper Member

Apr 5, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I like this option, where do we sign the petition?

9. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    :eek: In before the banhammer!

10. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As the one who moved this one, here's why: it's a Customer Service topic for one, and the thread you wanted re-opened was re-opened before this thread was made.

Are you going to agree with every decision about a thread being opened or closed or whatever? No. Could you message me or the other mods if you disagree? Absolutely.

Ganapper repped this.
  11. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also Revolt, as you'll see from the other discussion thread about this (I actually quite liked that one - some very good ideas exchanged), there's a wide disparity in how folks view redundant topics and mega threads. Personally I like to contain schedule-related discussion in the You Be The Don subforum, but I recognize that there are moments where news or events about the schedule shift over to N&A topicality. And folks want to discuss it, so we do.

12. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also: I agree with @Knave that we should have renamed that Soccer United Poll thread long prior to today. It would have provided a handy spot to add the latest story, but of course that would not have addressed @Revolt 's concern about concentrating threads.

13. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well dressed? Hardly. If I walked past you in my normal clothes with a Tim Horton's cup, you'd have to fight the temptation to put money in it for a new wardrobe.

14. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I'm here to help. Or make trouble. Probably both. Mostly the latter!
    I don't bother with the attendance thread. But I thank Gerbil all that discussion is confined to a single thread instead of cluttering up the entire board every time Chivas USA or Dallas or New York has a crappy day at the gate. As for the weekly, running thread ... well, that's an institution at this point, both for posters and for readers. And those threads are great. You should read them. No, it's not the most learned discussion on the board, but it's got its charms. Particularly when I refrain from posting. (Oh, Chivas ...)
    I do. And I can rant and rave with the best of them. Shall we have it out! :D
    I happen to know there isn't a Container Store within 70 miles of you. So I'm not sure what sort of authority you really are on who works there, or how they maintain their appearance. Of course, there isn't a Container Store within 180 miles of me, so I'm not really one to argue the point. That said, the Container Store is awesome. And that's the most important thing.

What are we talking about?

ImaPuppy repped this.
  15. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread should be in the Mexico Nats forums. Weaklings suck!

16. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I do. Of course it's more fun when it's 1,000+ posts in a day.

17. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I've really enjoyed that board tonight.