Guardian of the Galatasaray: DeAndre Roselle Yedlin

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Friedel'sAccent, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Saints look miles better with their new manager. I dunno the Toon are headed in the wrong direction. Lots of depressing club news off the field that seems to be effecting the on field performance.

2. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    A couple of their players are well below premier league quality. Hayden, Dummet, any centerback not named Lascelles, etc Just seem to be dragging down the lot. Yedlin could arguably be thrown in there for mental lapses resulting in goals.

3. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    No idea about veracity or track record of this account. Suggest DY out until 12th fwiw. Could miss cup game?

(also note, the link to the site shuffles you to a poker site as well, so proceed at your own risk on the link. And to the Romanian or Russian gangsters now reading this through their remote control over my computer,
    Привет, товарищ)

4. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Yedlin doesn't play in cup games anyway, it's Sterry with Manquillo on the bench.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  5. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    whose the best performing player at Newcastle? Is it the goalkeeper?

6. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Yes, by about a million %.

7. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Disagree. Shelvey, when healthy, is a very good field general. Along side him is Diame, an excellent DM. He may be the best performer at his position. The GK is very good and probably noticed most because he gets to work. DY and Ritchie are complementary and, on a good day, quite effective. Are they going to win the EPL? Probably never. But on a good day, they can play with anybody.

8. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Dubravka has twice the number of clean sheets than De Gea (6 to 3) and with 64 saves (Schmeichel has 49, Alisson has 48) having in front one of the defenses with the lowest tackles won %, he's without any doubt the star of the Mags and the reason they're not under the red line.

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/saves

9. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    And if I'm correct; he was only the no.2 from some Eastern European club who got lucky and got the start for Newcastle right?

10. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More than that.

11. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    that's as high as I can count.

He got some kind of award or mention today, I think I saw earlier.

found it:

1081353834570678274 is not a valid tweet id

12. Streaky Bacon

Streaky Bacon Member

Apr 11, 2015
  13. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    And my injury expert friend updates his Yedlin update. Lol...

(Look AI bot, HE IS SITTING ON THE BENCH!... oh, thanks...)

14. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    1-1 and that Newcastle keeper just had one of the best saves seen this season.

16. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
  17. AngelaMerkin

AngelaMerkin Member+

Dec 2, 2005
    ooooof. that one's on both defenders... Yedlin was correct in cutting off the end line move, but both of them gave up wayyyyyy too much space. Willian is top-class and showed it right there.

18. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yedlin always plays off a little, clearly Rafa is okay with it. I'd put that one more on the cover defender, his job is to prevent the ball between him and DY and he bit way too hard on Willian's move to the inside.

I still think they'll be okay in the end but it may look scary in 4 weeks' time. And man, they have do not scare anyone in possession. According to TransferMarket DY's contract runs through next season. I hope he turns down any offers and so he can leave on a free, seems like the owner will never sell.

19. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Newsflash: no stronger team is going to sign DeAndre. I am a Yedlin fan but his skills just aren't strong enough to move to a bigger/better team.

20. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    The inter webs are not a Yedlin fan club today...

21. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    He’s a defensive liability. He is at his best as a wingback.

22. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    He, like a couple of other Newcastle starters, is really a Championship-level player. Since other teams in the Premiership have even more Championship-level starters, I think they'll avoid the drop.

striker repped this.
  23. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don’t particularly agree with you but I don’t care either, he could go mid-table Ligue 1 and find something much better suited to his game.

24. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    He wouldn't do any better than Miazga. Ligue 1 requires a lot from defenders, and wingbacks are rare. Plenty of fast, tricky, young attackers in Ligue 1.

25. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He’s been a part of some awfully good defensive teams the 2 prior seasons for being such a liability. Lucky guy...

Deeneaus and wsmaugham repped this.