Guardian of the Galatasaray: DeAndre Roselle Yedlin

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Friedel'sAccent, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    apparently he's a horrible player whose shortcomings are obvious to lay fans but he has an incredible knack for fooling naive managers like Big Sam and Rafa.....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LouisianaViking07/09 and Winoman repped this.
  3. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    Man. If only Rafa would come to get schooled here at BS he would have dominated the EPL last season... what a moron

4. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    More likely people on this thread fooled by suyuntuy cherry picking some Newcastle forum posts to suggest everyone hates him, like he does in many YA threads.

superdave repped this.
  5. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Word is Yedlis is possible for Cardiff?! (one wag suggesting Rafa laid on hands and all is good! The blasphemy - I thought only the Special One could do that...)

Meanwhile, a suggestion that DY has been playing the FabioJo role ?!

6. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I posted the links. You can go there and just search his name. It's 90% negative stuff.

And I disagree with those people. I honestly thought he was considered average, I know he's not a top notch defender but he does enough IMO.

7. SlyEli

SlyEli Member

United States
    Jun 25, 2017
    Footsatt and jjmack repped this.
  8. aveslacker

aveslacker Member+

Ajax
    United States
    Apr 2, 2006
    Old Madras
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had the cadaver ACL put in me and it took me about five months to get back to full activity. My surgeon said that using the patellar tendon may make the ACL stronger, but healing two parts of the body at once was harder, so he recommended the cadaver ACL. I also had a small meniscus tear from a lacrosse injury about a decade earlier that he cleaned up.

That was over a decade ago and I have had no problems since playing soccer, squash, softball or any other sport. The only thing I can't really do is a sumo-style deadlift at heavy weight, but I never do those anyway. I'm strictly a mediocre athlete though, so if I lost one percent off my peak, I would never notice. It's entirely possible that if I were a top-level athlete, I wouldn't be able to get back to where I was. I'm just glad I can be active and run around after my kids.

KenC, Winoman and chad repped this.
  9. ebbro

ebbro Member+

Jun 10, 2005
    My experience with English football team forums is they're crap - everyone just slags off anyone and everyone (other posters, players, coaches, everyone).

FWIW a Newcastle pundit on The Football Show said he was loved in Newcastle both on and off the field.

10. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    And Big Sam would be coaching Barcelona :p

Edit:
    Or maybe that's :eek:

Winoman repped this.
  11. adi21

adi21 Member

The ones that have Americans starting
    United States
    Mar 17, 2001
    Maryland
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't make the 18 today:(

12. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    Probably best honestly. Those kind of knee injuries always make me nervous that they missed something anyway.

uniteo repped this.
  13. USA-Zebuel

USA-Zebuel Member+

Mar 26, 2013
    Club:
    Colón de Santa Fe
    After a half of Manquillo it is pretty safe to say that Yedlin’s spot is safe

freisland repped this.
  14. dougtee

dougtee Member+

Feb 7, 2007
    manquillo is getting abused by murphy lol

15. dannd23

dannd23 Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Lmao Yedlin has nothing to worry about. Manquillo subbed off for Hayden who picks up a red card within 20’minutes and looked bad overall.

largegarlic repped this.
  16. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well, those two guys make DY look. pretty good about now. Like him or not, he has no. competition at RB at NUFC.

Dirt McGirt repped this.
  17. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Any hint that fans preferred manquillo (Narrator voice: There wasn't anyway) is completely gone after three quarters of an hour today...

18. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Absolutely. The wife is a doctor and according to her it's better that he's training (stops stiffness setting, apparently) but actually playing this weekend would have been a step or two - or twenty - too far.

This wasn't the last game of the season with relegation on the line; give him a few days of light training before stepping things up for next weekend's game.

Winoman and justinpaul10 repped this.
  19. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    It is fair to say he does a poor job of stopping crosses and gets abused often on headers. However the even if the toon fans like their FBs to stop crosses all of Engerland loves speed.

20. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    From the Guardian match report
    Warnock made four changes to the team who lost on the opening day at Bournemouth, with Kenneth Zohore returning from injury to lead the line. The wily striker proved a real handful, using his frame to bully the Newcastle defence . . .
    Cardiff found joy down the Newcastle right, where Javier Manquillo struggled to get to grips with Murphy, who had his marker backpedalling time and again. Murphy created a series of half-chances, most notably when he slipped in Zohore who tried and failed to tee up Junior Hoilett.

21. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    manquillo did something to his ankle, apparently.

22. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Junior Hoillett! There’s a name I haven’t seen for a while. One of the great Yank-not Yanks of all time.

Gorky and Real Corona repped this.
  23. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

I think that was his best option. Either that or getting abused all afternoon. I may be biased, but I think I've seen that from him before. Not up to the task and boom, out of the game injured. Was he at Sunderland before NUFC?

24. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Perhaps it should have read "Murphy did something to Manquillo's ankle - break it repeatedly..."

The ankle thing was from a Rafa quote, fwiw.

Winoman repped this.
  25. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States