Guardian of the Galatasaray: DeAndre Roselle Yedlin

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Friedel'sAccent, Aug 13, 2014.

1. KALM

KALM Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Boston/Providence
    Newcastle have somehow moved into the top half of the table.

2. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    I dont want to get too excited but there were shades of Benitez Liverpool side in this victory. That thorough, almost ethical dismantling of the match through purposeful, patient passing and total team defensive structure and pressure. Only missing the Torres, Jayrard, Kuynt, attacking aggression.

3. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In other words, the system is there just not the talent.

4. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    He's doing nicely enough for this summer to be his chance to jump to a better club, if he ever does. Personally, I'd be ok if he stays with the Mags, so far they don't get relegated (they won't).

5. Jazzy Altidore

Jazzy Altidore Member+

Sep 2, 2009
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well they are a newly promoted team so you would never expect them to have the talent of a perennial champions league contending squad as Benitez's Liverpool.

6. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Benitez needs creative help on the wing and striker. RB is low on the priority list. They played a very composed match today. THey made it look easy.

7. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Rafa was just an extraordinary bit of luck for Yedlin. He's not a miracle worker, but compared to some of the coaches - or line of coaches - you could have to endure at yo-yoing club like NUFC, having the consistency and experince of Benitez is a real bit of good fortune.

8. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Yeah, I think for consistency sake it's best for him to stay. Though, I'd love to see him in Serie A someday.

9. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    They will. have another year of prem money to spend. If they shore up the front and keep the form they have now, there is no reason to leave a successful team. As it is, he is a starter in a team coming together and prospects of getting better, with a proven coach. btw, great football town that loves their team. Gotta b fun goin out over there.

10. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    Yedlin has done well but I’ve seen nothing to indicate he should play at a higher level. If he goes to a higher team I think he would ride pine. I’m a DY fan but mid-level Prem is perfect. Newcastle IS a big team that fell on hard times.

HartwickFan, striker, TarHeels17 and 6 others repped this.
  11. largegarlic

largegarlic Member+

Jul 2, 2007
    Agreed. It's hard to imagine that he'd get serious minutes with any of the top 6, and after that, who's really a bigger/better club historically than Newcastle? Maybe you could have said Stoke or Southampton last year, but it looks like they're both going down. Maybe Everton? That's about it.

12. Sam Hamwich

Sam Hamwich Member+

Jul 11, 2006
    Higher level? NUFC is fighting for a Euro spot at the end. In the prems. Name the number of US players who have been lock starters on Champions league caliber Prem teams?

I'm beyond happy he's managed to hit his stride at such a high level all ready.

13. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    They're 16 points from a Europa spot with six games left.

Not happening.

HartwickFan and KicksNgiggles repped this.
  14. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Big club" has varying definitions.

I could definitely see Yedlin being a future starter for a club like BVB in UCL.

15. largegarlic

largegarlic Member+

Jul 2, 2007
    Yeah, I should have specified in the EPL. I could definitely see him being good enough to start for one of those clubs in the Bundesliga 2nd-6th pack. I'd suspect he'd probably have to take a pay cut in that sort of move, though.

16. Noriega7

Noriega7 Member

Newcastle United
    Dec 27, 2017
    Yedlin is fine in the EPL and even if teams like BVB were to come calling, he shouldn't move. Firstly, he's now an established player at Newcastle getting consistent time there and the last thing he should consider is moving club. I don't even think BVB would want to match his EPL salary he's getting with newcastle. giving the fact that the EPL is the richest league in the World.

17. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Probably right. I'm sure he's making at least 1.5 million if not more

HartwickFan repped this.
  18. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Or, as I like to view it, Watford have somehow moved into the bottom half of the table.

KicksNgiggles repped this.
  19. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    while Burnley remains shockingly 7th :eek:

20. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, after the top 6 or 7 the prem is trash.

21. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What league has a better 7 and down? Or a better top 6? EPL has struggled the last few years but their clearly on the up tick at the moment.

Midas Mulligan repped this.
  22. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
  23. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    Newcastle was a big club before right. Was it a title challenger "Big" or simply a big club in the sense that AV/Everton were sorta big clubs back at their peak?

I recall the last time it had CL or even UEFA was early 2000's right? But I bet the players get some sweet wages there.

24. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trash football to watch. The more British the team the more likely you'll see shit football. Bundesliga and La Liga are more entertaining from top to bottom. MLS is more entertaining with the parity. It's just an opinion from a 20 year Newcastle supporter.

25. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    hey, don't talk down to Welsh football

HartwickFan and Dirt McGirt repped this.