Guardian of the Galatasaray: DeAndre Roselle Yedlin

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Friedel'sAccent, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I wonder if his first touch is poor on occasion due to his speed. When you're moving that fast, the inertia increases, and keeping control of how you trap a ball must get harder.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  2. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huge game in the championship today. 1 v 2. Loser will be pulled closer to the playoff teams. Ol' Wagner and Huddersfield are keeping those two front runners on their toes.

3. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. justinpaul10

justinpaul10 Member+

Sep 2, 2013
    So goufran scores a poacher goal and is now an out and out striker?

5. DeAndresHaircut

DeAndresHaircut Member+

Jul 24, 2015
    Pennsylvania
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't call it a comeback! Back to the top of the table!

They were losing 1-0 with 10 minutes left and end up winning 2-1

6. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Excellent result for the 'Toon in a crucial week: 1st vs. 2nd tonight, 3rd (Huddersfield) and 5th (Reading) are next up. Four points or better from those two games and promotion will be - almost - assured.

Yedlin went 90' and picked up a yellow card.

7. deuteronomy

deuteronomy Member+

Angkor Siem Reap FC
    United States
    Aug 12, 2008
    at the pitch
    Club:
    Siem Reap Angkor FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Newcastle go top of the table with a win and Toon fans love their Yedlin . .

http://www.starsandstripesfc.com/20...e-united-brighton-championship-deandre-yedlin

In the 89th minute, Ayoze Perez gave Newcastle the lead and the valuable three points to leapfrog Brighton and take the lead atop the table. They now have a two-point cushion over the former leaders and an eight-point lead over the third-place team.

Yedlin has been in great form this season and their fans are smitten with him:

After seeing several American players go to England over the last few years and get harassed by fans for their failures, it’s refreshing to see Yedlin win over a fan base as they appear destined for a great ending to the season.

8. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Playing in a pro/rel environment with immense pressure every single match is going to help Dre in the long run.

9. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Beautiful outside of the boot chip with loft and spin. The disguised pass that was the assist was equally brilliant. The keeper could only watch.

uniteo and Monarch Bay Beachbum repped this.
  11. wrench

wrench Member+

May 12, 2007
    NYC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He excelled in a pro/rel battle last year w Sunderland and, IMHO, was instrumental in their staying up. I am glad he is in the situation he is, but worry they will b back down after next year. Sry, but I watched a couple of matches. BTW, what has become of Perez. He was decent in the Prem.

12. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From a physics perspective, once he's in a good first division squadwith other fast players, it should result in a vortex effect whereby the ball is drawn to to his person in a sort of singularity. Basically, getting the ball off of him will he like trying to retrieve it from a black hole.

My calculations could be wrong. But I wouldn't bank on it. Back when I worked at the super-collider, i did experiments similar to this, but at an atomic level. So while it's not a direct comparison, I'm confident it's analogous.

Speaking of, when it comes to people who can't take a joke, particle physicists are the worst man. It's like a family member in YA academy or something.

(Btw: if one finds himself asking if this post is parodying one of his own tales of esoterica, then do you really need an answer?)

felloveranddidanadu, lmorin and Suyuntuy repped this.
  13. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    I hope you find your Jari.

14. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    You worked on the Haldron Super-Collider? As a physicist?

15. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Atomic janitor.

And no, Not really. I blame the sangria. I love it.

16. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I have no doubts Newcastle will be in the Premiership next season.

The interesting part is whom they buy in the summer window.

17. lmorin

lmorin Member+

Mar 29, 2000
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has found his Jari and it/he is it/he.

18. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    that's what I'm afraid of

19. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Repped for JJW!

20. Midas Mulligan

Midas Mulligan Member+

Jul 24, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't it make you wanna dance?

21. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Makes me wanna go home with the armadillo.

aveslacker repped this.
  22. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ashley ain't what I'd call a big spender. Other than the coach, which was probably one of the most shrewd investments in recent history, they don't have a ton of high priced talent. The only one they had, was only high priced because he played well for a few games last summer and the sold on him when the price was at its zenith, so fair play to Ashley on that one.

I'd bet they go after some scoring talent and a good central defender or two. Maybe they bring in an attack minded midfielder.

23. AngelaMerkin

AngelaMerkin Member+

Dec 2, 2005
    They have a good core (of the 3 matches I've seen) but need to bring in at least 2 difference makers. The allure of playing for a big club and playing for Rafa will have to be their selling point. It will be a difficult sell, but with how bad the bottom three have been for the past 5 years or so in the Prem they should splash every ounce of available funds to help themselves stay up next year while trying to build for the next five. There's no reason a club as large as Newcastle can't sell some younger players on the prospect of playing in Europa competition in a few years. That would be Newcastle's best case scenario. On the positive, they've already made massive mistakes and look to have learned their lessons unlike, for example, Leeds did. Many good things in Newcastle for some younger talent or some established players on the backside of their prime years to come in and help the squad compete week in and week out.

24. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States