Rumor: Yea or Ney-mar - The 2019-20 Transfer thread

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Viscaelbarca, Jul 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Firmino ...,

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Suarez >>> Firmino
    (This season)

3. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Na

Suarez ain’t in the top 30 nominated for Balon Dor ... Firmino is ..

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    And probably rightly so since that award is entirely based on CL in non WC years. But this season, Suarez has been better. Did you see Firmino against lowly ManUtd? Did nothing.

5. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Liverpool had an off day - it happens .

Suarez has been piz poor for ages but occasionally scores amazing goals

6. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Ballon is for the calendar year (2019). Supposedly, anyway. Everything after the summer break often seems to be ignored unless it's Cristiano scoring a hat-trick in a World Cup playoff tie in late November.

Boca specifically stated "this season" (Aug 2019-present).

7. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Well Firmino has been on fire this season ... can’t judge him on the one day Liverpool didn’t turn up whilst Suarez whilst scoring a few fabulous goals has been disappointing his season with many fans slagging him off

8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Firmino looking good riding the Salah train. When the Salah train is out-of-service, like last Sunday, Firmino is meh. Too bad there is no such train in South America. Its still pre-2017 over there.

9. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    It’s Firmino who makes Salah and even Liverpool play better and look good . He does need the options provided by Salah and Mane of course

10. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014

11. afar

afar Member+

Apr 26, 2007
    Piqué: "We told Bartomeu that if we had to defer payments in our contracts to adjust to rules of the financial fair play for Neymar we would do it."

Apparently, that’s how much the players wanted Neymar.

12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I just read the same thing . I suggested something similar at the time in terms of Messi taking a pay cut if he wanted Neymar so badly .

13. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was talk in August that the players were willing to take pay cuts, as was Neymar willing to reduce his PSG salary, but what Pique said made clear that the players were only willing to defer their salary (roll it over to a year, or two, or three in the future). So they were not actually cutting their salaries, just deferring them a bit, which just kicks the can down the road in terms of mortgaging Barca's future ability to sign and pay players in those future years when the deferred salary is due on top of all the regular salary.

So I think Pique and Messi may want more credit than they really deserve, as only a salary cut helps us afford another high cost and high salary superstar. Willingness to defer salary to the back end of their contracts just makes money tighter in the future, and nearly impossible to achieve FFP in the future.

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I read that. Kicking the can down the road would only work if the club goes a few seasons without spending much. Messi specifically should have taken a pay cut if he wanted it badly. His wages are huge and he has made a lot in renewal bonuses. If Neymar had a 25m renewal bonus imagine what Messi gets. It's as if the club has paid transfer fee for a player that came up through the system. Agents know that when negotiation times come around.

15. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    That actually makes Messi, Pique, and maybe others assholes. Just want to increase their chance for personal glory, while not sacrificing anything in the long run.

16. Sarcasm Bot

Sarcasm Bot Member+

Nov 4, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    There seemed to have been a question of deferred payment to PSG for part of the fee. Deferring salaries would allow Barca to pay some more upfront within the same financial parameters.

In the end, the deal was not possible so it didn't matter.

17. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Apparently, Koeman would leave Dutch NT if Barca wants him. I don’t know wtf to say?

18. unclesox

unclesox BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 8, 2003
    209, California
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Love Koeman for that Wembley free kick that brought the club's first European Cup but I'm not sure he's the answer.
    I know he's quite raw and just starting out but reading about Thiago Motta's tactics really intrigues me.
    And whatever happened to Óscar García? Where's he at these days?

19. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Is Koeman a Cruyffian follower? The Dutch team does play attractive football. I’m asking considering I read somewhere that Koemon is more defensive minded wtf

20. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    He’s a trillion times better option than flamin Valverde

21. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Would Koeman leave the Oranje right before a major tournament and right before the Barca elections?

Whoever replaces EV, I think it’ll just be an interim arrangement until the elections (considering it’ll take several more bad results before EV is canned, by which point it’ll be deep into the seasn)

22. Forzabarca

Forzabarca Guest

Yes, it'll be after having crashed out of CL again.

23. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Or two weeks

24. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    he has just been announced as the new coach of Celta Vigo today

unclesox repped this.
  25. Well, I doubt he will trigger the Barca claus in his contract.
    Unlike his predecessors van Gaal, Blind, Hiddink he has the unbelievable luck of a load of world class talents and players at his disposal (I posted about a two years ago he must have a "golden dick" (Dutch expression to tell how lucky someone is) to take over the mess created by his predecessors and then get all the goodies thrown into his lap.
    It's now gotten to the point he seriously has to think about who the hell do I NOT select.
    What he now has as options is so good it makes the Orange team a serious contender for the EC2020 title and with maturing of the younger talents a run to the WC final 2022 isnot so far fetched either.
    So sitting comfortably in charge of the most talented Orange crop of a decade and the chance to make history in tournements that really matter makes a hop to Barcelona now a choice between something you never get a chance for again with the Orange squad and a job that comes around every four years to become one of the many that did it.
    It will depend how big the lure of that Barca seat is to him, but going now means sacrificing something big, unlike the situation when he signed, when the Orange outlook was bad.