Yaya's gruesome statistics on Pep

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by jeremys_dad, Jun 4, 2018.

1. jeremys_dad

jeremys_dad Member

NYC Football Club
    Apr 29, 2007
    The Big Easy
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    EvanJ repped this.
  2. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Kind of rubbishishy article in many ways -

for starters .... regarding the quote below - in the middle of the two Barca wins '09 and '11 Real Madrid in their last knockout game of the tournament fielded a team with only one Africamn descent player and only one on the bench. (Oddly enough - both were called Diarra!)

" Guardiola's Barcelona team, which won three La Liga titles and two Champions Leagues in four years, featured only a handful of players of African descent, and only three who represented African nations internationally - Toure, who is Ivorian, Samuel Eto'o of Cameroon and Mali international Seydou Keita. "

3. zaqualung

zaqualung Member+

Jun 17, 2015
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    and this -

"Last summer, when Pep brutally got rid of [Wilfried] Bony, who had been signed a year earlier for a huge sum, I asked questions," Toure added.

Bony joined City for $42.5 million in January 2015, but failed to start any games under Guardiola when he was appointed manager in 2016. Bony was subsequently sent on loan to Stoke City."

Note: He was not sent on loan to a good team--- so maybe he isn't good enough to play in one challenging for the league...

4. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Kompany, Sterling, and Gabriel Jesus all have African roots and they are essential players for Guardiola at City. And I don't think there's anything unusual about Bony's or Toure's treatment at the hands of Guardiola because Ibrahimovic more or less went through the same ordeal.

5. Force Barca

Force Barca Member

Barcelona
    Argentina
    Dec 23, 2017
    Dumbass I guess Sterling, Sane, Mahrez, Walker, Mendy don't count.