Yank Women Abroad 2017

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by BostonRed, Jan 1, 2017.

1. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crystal Dunn interview:

http://www.starsandstripesfc.com/2017/1/16/14281410/crystal-dunn-ready-chelsea-2017-beyond

Now Dunn will be joining Chelsea until at least 2018. “I signed an 18 month deal,” she said before USWNT practice on Friday. “That’s how long I plan to be there. It seems like a long time and yes, it is a long time, but as far as my contract stuff, all I’m going to comment on is that I was able to work my deal that I’ll be available for the women’s national team, which is exactly what I wanted. I don’t want the pressures of feeling isolated, not being able to be released for camps and things like. I’m very happy with my contract. I get to be in a new environment, a new experience, and also be committed to the national team.” Dunn said she departs for England around the 27th of January.

“I knew in my heart that 2017 was the year for me to experience being in a different country and playing in a new league. I wanted to jump in in the start of the year. I just didn’t see myself playing with Spirit and being like all right, it’s time for me to leave now. This is the year that I’m just putting my all into a new experience. I need to invest fully. I didn’t think six months would be enough. I think I need to really be in that environment and really be in that culture and give it a whirl.”

3. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Both are Yanks.

4. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heather O'Reilly to Arsenal:

jnielsen repped this.
  5. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

6. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like this might be a pretty busy thread this year:

This indicates she might *not* be back in KC this year:

lil_one repped this.
  7. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lindsey Harris out of UNC signs in Iceland:

8. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arin Gilliland picks up a hat trick:
    822714316541468672 is not a valid tweet id

10. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lil_one repped this.
  11. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

12. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Extracts from The Equalizer's weekly W-League report:

Sydney FC 1, Newcastle Jets 3

Arin Gilliland (Chicago Red Stars) scored a second-half hat trick as Newcastle Jets defeated leaders Sydney FC on the road to give the winners all to play for next week in the race for the final playoff spot. Gilliland scored in the 57th, 74th and 78th minutes to stun the Sydney crowd of 1,029 on Saturday, January 21. Gilliland scored her first goals of the season in the hugely important match

For Newcastle, Katelyn Rowland (Western New York Flash) in goal, Megan Oyster (Boston Breakers), Jen Hoy (Chicago Red Stars) and Gilliland played the entire match.

Western Sydney Wanderers 1, Canberra United 0

Western Sydney Wanderers’ home win over Canberra United on Sunday, January 22 came from Katie Stengel’s goal near the end of the first half. Stengel now has six goals and WSW had to survive 10 minutes of injury time to defeat Canberra, joint second in the table.

American imports Kendall Fletcher (ex-Seattle Reign), Paige Nielsen (ex-Seattle Reign) and Stengel (Washington Spirit) all played 90 minutes, with Alex Arlitt (FC Kansas City) again sitting out the match to rest a knee she hurt several games ago. For Canberra, NWSL loanees Celeste Boureille and Hayley Raso (both Portland Thorns), Jasmyne Spencer (Orlando Pride) and Stephanie Ochs (Houston Dash) all started, with Ochs subbing out for Nicky Flannery in the 61st minute.

Melbourne City 3, Brisbane Roar 1

For City, NWSL loanees Lydia Williams (Houston Dash), Laura Alleway and Steph Catley (both Orlando Pride), Lauren Barnes, Beverly Yanez, Jess Fishlock and Stott (all Seattle Reign) played the entire match while Erika Tymrak (FC Kansas City) subbed in for the final half hour. Maddy Evans (Orlando Pride) played 90 minutes for the Roar, as did former-NWSL players Clare Polkinghorne (Portland Thorns) and Gorry.

Adelaide United 2, Perth Glory 1

Adelaide United used two goals by Chicago Red Star loanee Danielle Colaprico (her first goals of the season) to defeat Perth Glory away 2-1 on Sunday, January 22. Rosie Sutton scored her sixth goal of the season to give the Western Australia side an early lead in the 10th minute, but Colaprico struck in the 15th and 84th minutes for the win. Chicago Red Stars loanee Vanessa DiBernardo, who hit the woodwork with a long range blast, said, “It’s hard to lose that way, but the good thing is that we created a ton of chances. The best thing is that we’ve already made the final four, but we want to make the top two and, if we can, win the league.”

For Perth, Nikki Stanton (Sky Blue FC), Alyssa Mautz and DiBernardo (both Chicago Red Stars) and Ari Romero (ex-Houston Dash) played the entire match, while Samantha Kerr (Sky Blue FC) was ejected in the 90th minute for her second yellow card offense and will miss next week’s game. For Adelaide United, NWSL loanees Monica of Brazil (Orlando Pride), Sofia Huerta, captain Katie Naughton and Colaprico (all three from Chicago Red Stars) played the entire match.

http://equalizersoccer.com/2017/01/...-eliminated-from-westfield-w-league-playoffs/

15. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BostonRed repped this.
  16. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

17. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the Puerto Rico Fed:

Our Delyaliz Rosario [​IMG] formally introduced as player of Atlético Huila of the Colombian Professional League.
    [​IMG]

18. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Player going pro before her senior year:

http://equalizersoccer.com/2017/01/26/carlyn-baldwin-chasing-full-time-soccer-dream/

Former Tennessee Volunteer Carlyn Baldwin’s announcement on Monday that she had signed with BSC Young Boys in Switzerland was different though. Baldwin, a 20 year old from Northern Virginia, wasn’t even eligible to enter 2017 NWSL draft as she still had a year of college eligibility remaining.

20. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  22. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    An odd video (in German) of Gina Lewandowski walking fans through their training day (HAO cameo):

25. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States