Yallop looks back on first third of season, ahead to Columbus

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by nivla, Jun 5, 2008.

1. nivla

nivla Member+

Jan 17, 2003
    Milpitas
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    http://www.centerlinesoccer.com/htt...k-on-first-third-of-season-ahead-to-columbus/

A good interview with Yallop on Centerline.com. Again, good job!

A couple things in the interview. ( ) is my take on it.

1. FY thinks we need help with D-Mid, striker and attacking options. (We know about striker and attacking options. I think the mentioning of D-Mid sounds surprising but it may make sense as we need someone to do better transistioning and holding the midfield.)

2. We are next in line to sign Huckerby. If TFC decides not to sign him, we can decide whether to step in. (He is the only name mentioned in the conversation but probably it is because it is also the only name the reporter asks FY about.)

3. Bring in new players in July. FY mentions the difficulties but seems to be quite certain we will add players next month. Also, we have small office and limited scouting resource. (I am sure all of us at BS would volunteer to help).

4. FY still looks for playoff spot and be at the top few spots of the division. We still have 2/3 of the season ahead. (I think that depends on what kind of help we get in July interms of new players).

5. Passing the ball better and making no silly mistakes is the key to the next game. FY acknowledges that we are punished for the silly mistakes we make but we don't capitalize the same chances given to us. The ratio needs to change. (Can't agree more. that's exactly what kills us so far.)

6. Cunliff will start in the next game and likely Gray too. (I like the change..just to see how things go...can't get worse than what we have seen already)

7. He still thinks we played well in general. (I want to agree but I can't. It's not like we actually play consistently decent games. It is more like we have some very good games and some terrible and ugly ones. Too extreme.)

2. Fisty409

Fisty409 New Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Baltimore
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Couldnt have done a better job myself good points. I'd Volunteer to be a scout help out the team! But it seem FY has seen all the necessecary points of need. And as long as i heard he pulling in players this summer im happy. As long as its soon.