[www.WEBSITE NAME EDITED OUT.com] First french website about betting

Discussion in 'Books' started by parions, Nov 20, 2003.

1. parions

parions New Member

Nov 20, 2003
    [ADDRESS IS NO LONGER IN THE TITLE] First french website about betting

Hello,
    I'm the webmaster of the first french website about betting : www.ADDRESS EDITED OUT .com
    Sorry if me english isn't perfect, i'm french !
    The site ADDRESS EDITED OUT is oppened since November 1st only but have already 200 visits a day (equivalent of 6000 visits a month) and 8000 pages view a week (around 240 000 a week).
    It's the first in this sector in France but ther is a big potential of punter in France (already more than 150 members).

I want to know if are you interesting by a partenership between our 2 site.
    Of course, i know that your site have a largest traffic than mine.
    I think we could find a partnership which is interesting for both site.

You could contact me when you want for any proposition, suggestion ...

Thanks a lot

Mike
    ADDRESS EDITED OUT

2. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    I was asked to delete this thread, but I thought I'd edit it and leave it for literary review in this forum.

3. parions

parions New Member

Nov 20, 2003
    attention, tu as encore l'adresse dans le titre lol :)

==> Attention, the url is still in the title lol :)

4. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Comment dit-on "D'oh!" en francais?

5. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    Not anymore, Frenchy.

I'm curious, though. Why post your announcement in this forum?

6. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    it reads like he did that through Babbelfish

7. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Re: [www.parions.com] First french website about betting

Ici nous attendons Godot. Vous etres un wanker

8. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The web site address is in the guy's original subject. It's also his name, and his web site is listed in his user information.

Don't give the guy the publicity, even if it is just to make fun of him. Just ditch the thread and red card him.

9. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A fascinating and infinitely fertile piece to examine.

Let us first confront it as a quintessentially Barthesian 'writerly text': one that discomforts and jars the reader and his expectations. In this case, the bourgeois expectations of proper punctuation, spelling and syntax are continuously subverted, but to what ends?

Is it to foment revolt against those bourgeois conventions, by reveling in and emphasizing their inadequacy? And yet ironically (or IS it ironic?), the content of the text points again and again -obsessively - to bourgeois concerns, in a rational, materialistic paradigm; the primacy of primacy ("It's the first in this sector") the nation-state, quantitative measurements as an argument for value, capitalistic partnerships, and so on.

Meanwhile, a sly and exciting experiment in relationships between the syntagmatic and paradigmatic is taking place here, as a reader has engaged this text and furtively changed the title and other parts within the whole, effecting a quasi-tectonic shift through metonymical repositioning, and thus altering the text for himself, for us as readers, and for the writer as well.

It goes without saying that is not possible for the reader to come to "[www.WEBSITE NAME EDITED OUT.com] First french website about betting" on the terms of the outside world, but only to enter into the world created and contained by the text, in which nebulous ambiguity reigns.

10. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    And yet, Michael K., his name evocative of both Kafka and Coetzee, says it, thereby undercutting the Derridean moment of "[www.WEBSITE NAME EDITED OUT.com] First french website about betting," effectively re-constructing the deconstructive tendency one hesitates to say is inherent in all textuality even though of course it is, perhaps. Thus, effortlessly straining toward what Paul (you) de Man describes as the "vertiginous possibilities of referential aberration," the author and the commentator become one in their efforts to disrupt the primacy of (o)the(r) discourse. To inscribe is to describe the process by which the inscription is susciptible to discription in other words, yet even if the same words were used in the same order, the meaning would be entirely (in)different. Undercutting the authority of the Parions text merely re-asserts its authority as something worthy of undercutting, which trivializes the critical act, and therein resides the ultimate elevation of the critical act over that of the creative, a false distinction nevertheless essential for tenure.

11. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll have to post my graduate thesis for review here:

"The Bigsoccer Writings Of NYR Metros: Posting Degree Zero?"