www.miamifcb.com is now Online!

Discussion in 'Inter Miami CF' started by u-17soccerfan, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Already a member.:D Not on facebook though.

2. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im beginning to wonder if this team will be called MFCB and use Barc colors etc. I mean why would they have the article on http://www.miamisoccerfan.com/Soccer/Home.html that promotes it. Even if they say otherwise.

3. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im pretty sure he didn't mean in that sense, as in, that was going to be the Miami teams colors. He probably meant that since the Barca team is supporting this Miami MLS team, alot of people would realize that Barca is helping us get a team after the fallout of the fusion nobody thought MLS would come back to Miami, therefore creating instant fans. I was a Real Madrid fan when I was younger, when I heard Barca was going to help get a Miami MLS team, I kind of became an instant Barca fan, especially looking at the success that they're having in Europe, all I can think of is the Miami MLS team doing the same here in the Western Hemisphere (winning CCL and the MLS Cup and being an unstoppable team :D)

4. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe not. I dont hate the Barca colors or team, But there they would be to close to Real SL to me and we already have to many blue and red teams in MLS as is.
    If Barca succeeds in getting a team in Miami, I will diffenitely become a fan of Barca. I just hope Miami will have its own idenity.
    That would be great if Miami could have that kind of success.

5. pb9000

pb9000 Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lauderhill, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We really don't know what color the team will wear. When we wrote "you will start seeing a lot of maroon / blue shirts around town" we were saying that people would start wearing the FCB shirts in the short term. At least until we know what colors Miami FCB will be using. If you look at our site over time you'll see we have played with many different color combinations with our logo. The original logo was orange and green (still my favorite), but we changed to MFC colors when we became the official supporters club for MFC. And we will do the same color change when Miami FCB announces their colors. Our club is in a very fluid state, at least in the early years.

6. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Understood!~ :D

I like the orange-teal/aqua color scheme the best. But will be open to Orange-Green, or even Light Green-Blue & Yellow(the Miami-Dade colors).
    See my ideas for kits on the Official Kit/Logo/Shield/Crest thread part 2 page 25.

7. Lucho305

Lucho305 Member

Inter Miami CF, Junior de Barranquilla
    United States
    Jul 9, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is the name the team contest up yet?!?! Damn it can't take this wait anylonger its been a whole freakin month since we were suppose to know!! (January 15th my ass) Why is Garber acting like if he don't know who is the next Franchise?? Miami is already in why can't he just admit it already!!!

8. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did FC Barcelona take down the MLS Miami of it's website? I can't find it anywhere...

9. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. loco25

loco25 New Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Chicago
  12. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The little Miami MLS link, the one that says "support the Miami initiative", rotates on and off of the front page. If/when anything becomes official, I'm sure they'll have a rather prominent link up permanently.

14. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they are going to wait to announce or anything, until after the 2009 season lol. :rolleyes:

15. pabloM

pabloM New Member

Feb 21, 2004
    Miami
    Club:
    Miami FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The announcement will come before the start of the MLS season.

16. sjsuvc2

sjsuvc2 Member

Aug 9, 2007
    Corvallis , Oregon
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so heres my question to you..(miami supporters) all ive been hearing is of 2010 miami, barca is putting a bid in to get a team toplay 2010, top spot for next expansion. but my question to you and what i see different from your bid and others is this, will they be willing to help and stay around for the next round of expansion? portlands owner says if not this year next time hes gonna keep trying. st. louis says the same, and same with vancouver and ottowa. your potential owners have not made that statement anywhere. so say you dont get the team this round. will they be back for the next or will you be left alone? all there saying is 2010` 2010. but what if they dont get it?

17. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FCB officials are on record as saying this is a all or nothing bid. Claure has made vaguely similar statements. Personally I think it's a tactical move on their part. Their mindset(right or wrong) is that they will be a great asset to MLS and if they pass now they will lose their chance forever.

I do think eventually Claure would head a future ownership group if they don't get the team this round. He was exploring MLS expansion on his own before FCB came along, it's just they wanted the same goal and joined forces.

Also, if I remember correctly, rumblings have come out of St. Louis supporters that they don't think Cooper and his group will go through the tedious MLS expansion process again, and will try USL1 if their bid fails.

18. STLREF

STLREF New Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Oakville
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. But, it is not about the process, it is about the stadium deal dissolving if St. Louis doesn't get in.