WWSM06 vs. FM06?

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by Michael Mejido, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Michael Mejido

May 14, 2000
    Hello all... what is the difference between WWSM06 and FM06? I'm sure its probably just a different name for marketing reasons, but are they pretty much internchangeable other than that? can you download FM06 patches and use them on WWSM06?

I ask because amazon.co.uk isn't sending the game to the US, so i might have to for for a different option ;)

2. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    They are the same game, BUT FM06 is much more used and therefore have many more downloads available for it than WWSM.

There was a website where I bought FM2006 from within the states, but for around 50 dollars US.

www.gogamer.com

3. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's just in name. Although WSM out of the box has American English language and not British (difference is stuff like Head Coach instead of Manager, it is quite annoying and ridiculous) but you can get a download to fix this.

The games have different patches, but are really the same thing. Also know that the digital download version of WSM is the same game as the box version but with, yet another, different patch that is actually the same. Also this new patch hasn't come out yet!!! it makes me sad not to play the game, too.

4. crash2772

crash2772 New Member

Mar 18, 2001
    FYI- You can download the FM Patches for WWSM 2006. Just change the wsm.exe to fm.exe, direct the patch, and it will work. This will, in essence, change your game to the FM version. Once it is the FM version all of the FM downloads will work (including the real time editors).

:D

5. Aljarov

Aljarov Member

Sep 14, 2004
    fmnorthamerica.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A point I'd make about buying WSM as opposed to FM is that it will show the boys at SI (yeah, Miles in particular) that it's working over here. If it works over here, then we get more of a return from the SI coding team, we get more leagues (for those that want the USL like me).

Basically, we've got a carrot from SI - buy WSM and they'll put more into our leagues...we've already got a license from MLS, which is better than a lot of the established countries.

So, if anyone can wait for the release of WSM (obviously I'm talking WSM 07 now) then please do. It will only help us all in the long run.

6. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    If you DOWNLOADED the game instead of getting the box copy of WSM ... DON'T TAKE THIS ADVICE. The download patches are different then the box patches - and after taking these steps you'll need to "Insert the CD-ROM" which of course you don't have. So you have to uninstall the game - and reinstall - and then use the game's "Look for Updates" to get the updates.

The downside is - the patch site host for downloaded games is slower than crap!