WWSM/Football Manager Question

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by Spanishfly, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Spanishfly

Spanishfly New Member

Jan 9, 2007
    What's the difference between a Playmaker and a Targetman? From reading the manual I don't get a real sense of how they differ. Does anyone have any examples?

2. MarkRFC_

MarkRFC_ New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Reading, England
    A playmaker is the player who all your attacks go through, he's the one the rest of your team pass to. Really, he needs high creativity, great passing, a real world example is Riquelme

A targetman is the main striker up top who will hold the ball up and look to bring other players into the game.
    There are 2 types of target men really:
    - Big and strong: Needs high strength, jumping, heading and is probably the type of striker that lacks pace but makes up for it in technical ability, great finish etc.
    eg. Jan Koller, Peter Crouch
    - Fast: You can set your target man to run onto the ball, so if you have in incredibly pacy striker this is a good option as he is an immediate outlet running in behing the defence
    eg. Craig Bellamy, Michael Owen

3. Spanishfly

Spanishfly New Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Thanks man! That helps alot! Btw, could you help me? I'm not exactly sure why my men seem to lose so many tackles? When I check the game stats it seems the other team wins ALOT more tackles than my team. What stat or postions am I over looking? Thanks man!

4. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Make sure your tackle setting isnt on 'hard' as players tend to dive into more tackles and make it easier for your opponents to avoid the tackle...putting the setting on mixed is the best option, unless you are out to rough up an opposition which has more skill on the ball than you.

5. Spanishfly

Spanishfly New Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Thanx man! However thats not the case. I left it at the default and I tried Hard just to see. Hard actually helped a bit but it still doesn't make sense to me that I should lose that many tackles. If I get a chance I'll post my lineup.