WWC 2015: Group C (JPN, SUI, CMR, ECU) Discussion [R]

Discussion in 'Women's World Cup' started by lil_one, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    78' 2-0 Japan cross high from 24m wide right to spot, Cameroon head it down and calmly dribble out. This Cameroon team is skilled and pleasing to the eye: they know the game, their fundamentals are solid, and they attack with wreckful abandon. They're just a bit naive, and they can't shoot straight.

Japan look like they're at about 70% speed, but there are surely many teams here that would look worse vs. Japan than this.

KAPIJXM and blissett repped this.
  2. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    84' 2-0 Cameroon left ck, flicked at 6m center, over endline right. Ruled off Cameroon, gk.

85' 2-0 Japan subs in (3 of 3) #12 Megumi Kamionobe for #15 Yuika Sugasawa.

86' 2-0 Enganamouit gets behind at box top right, bends the correct ground ball toward 8m center -- but Japan intercept. Enganamouit tumbles into box with bad right calf cramp. Stoppage -- and Iwashimizu, Kumagai, and Kaihori help stretch out Enganamouit's leg :thumbsup::notworthy:

87' 2-0 Enganamouit hobbles into end zone. Cameroon used all 3 subs, she must stay in.

3. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Cameroon improved tremendously in the 2nd half. If they could learn how to shoot..

Gilmoy repped this.
  4. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cameroon have looked a lot better against Japan than I expected; they just really need to work on their finishing.

EDIT: Romario'sgurl and I are not the same person.

:ninja:

blissett, Gilmoy and Romario'sgurl repped this.
  5. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Yasssss!!!

Edit: Switzerland didn't score against Japan.:sneaky:

KAPIJXM repped this.
  6. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    88' 2-0 Cameroon right throw-in at 12m, back to 14m box right coming away. One-touch left volley across body, high dropping to 5m right post. Enganamouit lunges past 1, stoops and -- header glance off her wavy blond coif, barely gets goalward and continues across to 4m 1/3 left.

90' 2-1 Cameroon turn at own 25m box right, pass to Enganamouit(?) at circle back right. She turns and whips a bending ground pass through the CBs to die at 20m mid-left, sends #3 Ajara Nchout clean through box top mid-left. To 8m 6-left, left foot shot near-post, beats Kaihori's kick-save, glances off left post low and in. +4'.

7. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CAMEROON!! GOOOOAAALLLL!!!

8. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seriously!! Can you imagine if they tie it up here at the end?

9. Gilmoy

Gilmoy Member+

Jun 14, 2005
    Pullman, Washington
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    90+1' (of +4') 2-1 Cameroon cross from box top right, Enganamouit lunges rightward to 8m 1/3 right, twist-heads to left post and wrong-foots Kaihori -- just wide left!

10. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had their chance and missed it with that header.

11. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Match of the day!

Cameroon will take 2nd place in this group!

12. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Japan: the first team officially through to the Round of 16.

13. And G

And G Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Club:
    Okayama Yunogo Belle
    They won't since they'll go down 0-2 to Switzerland.

Lechus7 repped this.
  14. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    A strange victory for Japan, yes they deserved it overall but they couldn't kill the game just like against Switzerland...it seems like they are happy to control the game and wait for their opponents to make a mistake ..tactically I was wondering why Utsugi (what an underrated player..it's crazy) played left back with Sameshima in front of her when in clubs it's the way around...I have never been a fan of Ogimi so....Japan could still win its second world cup but they look way less hungry than four years ago in my opinion.
    I don't know what to think about Cameroon.. definitely a very entertaining team to watch and they having many players playing in France automatically makes me cheers for them..even though my favorite, Marie-Aurelle Awona ex French youth international, didn't play...Cameroon is like Enganamouit...able to do terrific stuff and be shocking bad in a short time....absolutely unpredictable.
    I only watched the first half of Switzerland - Ecuador...seeing the result I am happy the Ecuadorian scored at least one goal in this world cup....
    I really would like this to happen but everything...good or bad...could happen with this team, anyway, Cameroon vs Switzerland will be so entertaining.

15. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I didn't really watch the Ecuador match but I hope they can enjoy the rest of their WWC experience.
    Cameroon should be full of confidence after tonight. This match could have easily ended in a draw. If I'm the CMR coach, I'm spending the few days focusing on shooting. ;)

Game-Ball repped this.
  16. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    IKickAndIm50 repped this.
  17. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I sincerely hope Japan will start with the "reserve" because if they don't this could end up quiet badly for Ecuador.....
    Shooting is good but they seriously need to focus on team defending...zonal, high pressure, goalie protection etc....African teams weakness...

18. toad455

toad455 Member+

Nov 28, 2005
    The Switzerland-Cameroon match should be interesting. I'm hoping Cameroon can make it into the round of 16.

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  19. SJJ

SJJ Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Royal Oak, MI, USA
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why does the FIFA schedule page list Japan as already having won the group? They are already slotted into the June 23 R-16 match, both in the "bracket" portion of the page, and the "list" schedule.

20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I could be really wrong here, but I guess the first tie-breaker in groups' rankings is the direct match (followed by goal difference, goals scored and whatnot): so, at this point, one between Switzerland or Cameroon could catch Japan at the top of the group (if Japan loses to Ecuador), but, even in this case, Japan has won the direct match vs both Switzerland and Cameroon. So, if my reasonment is right, Japan should be already qualified at 1st place (please correct me if there are different rules and direct matches aren't considered before goal difference).

21. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First tie breaker is goal difference. Second is total goals scored.

22. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ok, than probably the FIFA page SJJ mentioned just assumed that Japan will at least draw vs Ecuador. :laugh:

23. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think its a safe bet. :)

Katreus and blissett repped this.
  24. SJJ

SJJ Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Royal Oak, MI, USA
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The page that I mentioned: http://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/matches/

My guess is that their computer is still programmed to use a head-to-head as the tie-breaker, and no-one changed it.

(I just submitted this to their "contact FIFA" page)

JanBalk and blissett repped this.
  25. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IIRC, Sakaguchi was the player who got burned on both US goals in the Olympic final.