WWC 2007 - a test to China for 2018

Discussion in 'China' started by greenlion, Apr 22, 2007.

1. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    this FIFA world cup, as a women edtion, is considering as a test to China, as one of the favourite country to bid for 2018 World Cup.

with 16 team participating, and a totally 6m USD bonus money for participating teams, Broadcasting to over 130 countries and a expecting attendance of 1m fans in 32 games, FIFA now expecting the 5th FIFA Women World Cup to be the most succesful women football tournament in history

the first FIFA Women world cup, was held in Guanzhou and it's four satelite city, Foshan, Jiangmen, Panyu and Zhongshan, in the year 1991

in 2004, the 13th Asian Cup, was held in Beijing, Jinan,Chengdu & Chongqing

2007 Women World Cup venues are Shanghai, Tianjin, Hangzhou, Wuhan & Chengdu

2008 Olympic football will be played in 5 Chinese cities, They are Beijing, Tianjin, Shenyang, Shanghai & Qinhuangdao.

and in 2010, China will host Asian Youth Cup, looks like host city will be Beijing, Shanghai or Guangzhou

China could easily find 10 or even more cities, with world class stadiums and facilities, for a world cup after 2008

2. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I dont really see how this is a test - I think the real test is Olympics 2008 - considering there are hundreds of events over a few weeks for the olympics in 2008, I dont think staging 64 soccer games is harder.

The amount of non-Chinese residents (including oversea Chinese such as myself) for the olympics will probably be more than the # for the WC. Considering South Africa is expecting only 500,000 foreign fans for 2010. Add in the fact they are spread across many cities, I dont think there is any problem with China hosting it.

The only problem will prob be the few incidents that occured AC 2004, I personally think some of the hooligans' actions were made worse than the reality due to the cell cameras being in the eye of the storm.

3. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    There's one simple solution to preventing AC 2004 incidents: beat Japan.

4. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    When do you think that will happen? By 2018? We have 2 WCQs and 3 ACs to do the feat.